1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andre Drummond and Reggie Jackson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JoeyTexas254, Feb 15, 2017.

1. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

I just see us a system team now and I don't see a better center rotation than what we have for this system. Trade ideas and acquiring talent give people something to discuss but i feel like we have the best version of us. Only upgrade would be a willy chandler gallo type which makes Dekker more of a 3 and Brewer redundant that's how this all should play out IMO

2. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Drummond's a superior defender to Capela, despit his shortcomings in shooting ability and court awareness. And his rebounding is elite of the elite.

Drummond actually has "Dwight's Disease" on offense where he takes more post-up attempts than he should, and it kills his efficiency. On Rockets he'd basically be a better teammate Dwight with same on-court flaws. Intriguing maybe if you think he'd "buy in" better, but at a high cost.

Nerlens Noel woulda been / would be a nice pickup, a mix of everything beneficial to Rockets.

D-rock and Richie_Rich like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

regardless of the difference, he still cannot be on the floor at the end of games which hurts his team so that superior defender and elite rebounding attribute isn't as significant as it could be

4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

first off, i'm not sure how great of a relationship morey and SVG have after last year's dmo BS. i doubt we'll make another trade with them.

secondly, in today's NBA you cannot give a max contract to someone who isn't a go-to scorer. if that guy isn't someone you're giving the ball to at the end of a close game, he's not a max player. drummond is a liability at the FT line and gets benched at the end of a close game. he also isn't a go-to scorer. look at how anderson and gordon impact the game more than dwight. why would anyone want to trade them for drummond? give me an ajinca/capela combo for $6M instead of a max contract for drummond, dwight, DAJ, etc... anyday.

jackson can't play off the ball and isn't a great shooter or defender, so he's a bad fit next to harden. pass and pass on both guys.

PS - can we complete a trade for one of these guys and then get our doctor to fail their physical and cancel the trade after the deadline so they dont have a chance to make another trade? that'd be great.

5. seeingred

seeingred Member

Capela has developed a good scoring touch. This season you can get him the ball anywhere in the paint (not just 2 feet from the rim) and he'll make a solid move to score. That makes a big difference. His FT shooting is improving. That's also a game changer. His rim defense and rebounding aren't what I thought they'd be at this point but a broken leg can mess with your confidence.

6. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

We should be looking to sign Giannis Akinumpumpbogumbomutumbo from the Bucks and nothing else. We have Corey Brewer and 9 of his clones to make the perfect team for the Bucks. Lets get it done people.

D-rock and Jontro like this.
  7. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Brewer is already redundant. If you think we are in our final form then I think you are wrong. It might be more accurate to say that you don't see us trading for something without giving up too much to make our team better in the end result.

mickey_angelo likes this.
  8. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

By redundant he means no longer getting minutes

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

i like it. but only if we get to keep brews

10. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

As I said, same flaws as Dwight and Capela. Rockets already play with this issue. But better or potentially better at their strengths. Dwight caring on D helped get Rockets to WCF. Mopey Dwight didnt provide good D, and Capela has barely given even that amount. Drummond has defense potential to that good Dwight level, he already has rebounds. And just take him out the end of games then.

Again its intriguing, but i think it costs too much for Drummond. Thats why I mentioned the Nerlens Noel alternative.

11. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

this is precisely what I meant

12. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Odd that you would say that Max players have to be a go to scorer today. That was always my criteria until "today" actually. Seems like teams can afford close to 2 or 3 max contracts now. Mike Conley was just the highest paid player in the league. I don't think of him as a go to scorer. I was very surprised when role player 3 & D guys like Wes Matthews pulled down twice as much as a guy who can create like Lou Williams. Just seems like complementary guys are getting paid more now than ever before.

Chamillionaire likes this.
  13. Chamillionaire

Jackson no.

Drummond with Harden might be something.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Would be a solid upgrade over Brewer at the backup 3 spot

justtxyank likes this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Stan is ready to blow his science experiment after not going as planned.

Tobias Harris?
    Jon Leuer?
    Stanley Johnson?
    Boban?
    Mook Morris?
    Ish?

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Maybe the Rockets can trade a 1st rounder to the Pistons for a player, flunk their physical and then have the 1st rounder returned.

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Would have interest of varying degrees in Tobias Harris and Boban. Tobias Harris in a similar vein to Wilson Chandler in that he could help now but also moveable probably if we need to clear space.

19. BeardedWonder

BeardedWonder Member

Wonder if we'd be willing to deal with Detroit after last years fiasco. Stanley Johnson, Ish Smith, and KCP would fit in nicely here

20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Love Capella, but if you could get Drummond for Capella, Dekker / 1st and then probably Anderson for filler, you gotta do it.

He is going to have a huge impact on your rebounding which is a big part of your defensive ratings.