1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jokic (DEN) TD and beautiful passing

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by hakeem94, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

so smooth, playing with such an ease... hes white harden minus turnovers

3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and now they've added another big passing man...they will be fun to watch i hope injuries gods dont interfere

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

by far 1st in NBA on FG% on jumpshots 51% - a stat i just picked up watching this game, and reporter asked what is the distance these jumpers were taken from, anyone know where this can be checked for?

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Words can't explain how jealous I am. Jokic is unreal.

hakeem94 and durvasa like this.
  6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Used the wrong numbers at first, so here's my 2nd attempt at this post:

Jump shot is anything from 3ft outside, Jokic is indeed leading the NBA in that area. That said, he's only #100 in attempts taken from those ranges, so the sample size and him being guarded differently plays into that.

http://www.basketball-reference.com...ain_seconds=0&time_remain_comp=le&order_by=fg

http://www.basketball-reference.com...id=jokicni01&year_id=2017&shot_type=JUMP_SHOT

#46 Yung-T, Feb 14, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
    heypartner likes this.
  7. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Jokic is very fun to watch.
    The NBA is safe with him, Embiid, Porzingis.

MorningZippo likes this.
  8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

White Harden has 5 TOs each of last two games. ;)

Exiled likes this.
  9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

^^
    Edited the 2nd link, accidentally included 3s.

10. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Warriors looking at each other like "Who the hell is this guy?" :D

durvasa likes this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

well i thought i might be wrong for a second since i watched mainly highlights (then something in my head went nah!) , white harden only it is then he fits in it to the upmost ... ;)

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Far from it. Prime Sabonis was not only skilled, but also VERY athletic. He was one of the best centers in the world. Jokic might have the skills but doesn't have that kind of athleticism and speed.

Yung-T likes this.
  13. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

i would argue that if jokic was of the same height, he would've been a better player than prime sabonis.
    sabonis got more vertical and was more explosive.
    but jokic jumps quicker and has quicker hands/better touch, e.g. those tip-ins and those hight % tear drops.

14. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Jokic>Kristaps

15. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

Denver GM confirms Plumlee to serve as-if Jokic's backup:

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/02/13/mason-plumblee-nuggets-offense/

“His playmaking is something unique and stands out,” general manager Tim Connelly said. “Our offense is really humming right now, so our ability to continue to move the ball when Nikola (Jokic) goes to the bench is important."

Said Malone: “Obviously when Nikola is off the floor, you try to play the same. But we don’t have another Nikola Jokic. I think what Mason Plumlee brings is that he’s another big that you can play through — high post, elbows, low post. A tremendous athlete, he runs the floor. He’s an above-the-rim player at times. So it will be great to have the synergy of playing the same way with two bigs who can make the same type of plays.”

It’s no secret that things bog down offensively for the Nuggets when Jokic, one of the best passing centers in the NBA, heads to the bench. Among league centers, Plumlee had the fifth-highest assist average coming into Monday.

But there will be times when Jokic and Plumlee are on the court at the same time. Not, many, Malone said, but enough. And he believes they will work well together.

“I don’t envision those two playing together 15, 20 minutes a night,” Malone said. “If they are out there 10 to 12, I think Mason has the intelligence and the defensive versatility to guard stretch fours.”

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i am really smart i thought and said all this before this quote

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

^^^ that's a great pass

Yeah, I read that, Monday. Another interesting article is the Monday morning one from the Oregonian that had quotes from a lot of Portland players. Lilliard and McCollum hold Plumlee in high regard. Lillard talks about him like he's a coach on the court.

I really want to see Plumlee and Jovic on the court together, as Malone mentions. It will be fun to watch...(think inverted post ala Adelman, and lot of Horns). I think they will do it some this year not only to experiment, but to also spark Plumlee's interest enough to resign.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. dream2clips

dream2clips Member

<sigh> There is approximately negative infinity percent (technical term, rounding down) chance you'd put a 21 y/o non all-star in his breakout season ahead of "prime" Sabonis. Prime Sabonis is probably a top 7 center of the last 30 years. Present-day Jokic is a 0 time all-star, 0 time all-nba selection. That too, after superimposing his new height and assuming he loses none of his current skillset. Because, you know, a 6'11" Iverson would be just as silky smooth and quick :/ smh.

I can't think of a guy higher on Jokic's ceiling than me - outside of Denver and Serbia - and even I have to just take a deep breath b/c this is all getting way, way ahead of itself.

Let the dude make an all-nba team (coin-flip chance at 3rd team this yr IMO) and turn the Nuggets into a perennial playoff contender first. We're still waiting on the latter for Anthony Davis - as credentialed and as elite-pedigree of a young guy as you can imagine - 1 playoff berth thus far and we're on year 5.

Easy likes this.
  20. DMO (DJ remix)

Prime Sabonis ate Admiral for breakfast, let that sink in bruh. Jokic is nice and maybe he will be better than prime Sabonis, but today, only his passing is close to it.

Easy likes this.