1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[John Oliver] Trump vs. Truth

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Air Langhi, Feb 13, 2017.

1. val_modus

val_modus Member

"The problem with Trump is we don't really know what his words mean" Lolz...

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let's analyze this a little more. Neither the crime rate nor the unemployment rate are polls. The murder rate is based on the number of murders committed and the population. The unemployment rate is the same as it's been before Obama and is the same now. It's based on employment.

Nobody who believes those real statistics is a moron. I'm not sure what to say about a person who equates such factual things as the murder rate to polls.

JeffB, AkeemTheDreem86 and R0ckets03 like this.
  3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Hopefully Trump can turn around our negative GDP and our 45% unemployment rate. o_O

4. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Oh, I know exactly what to say.

President Trump: you are not so big.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  5. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

...and there you have it. Don't listen to his words, listen to what's in his heart. mmmkay.

When he says he's gonna build a wall, should we take that verbatim or not?

6. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

It's amazing we even respond to this clown. And no, I'm not talking about Trump. Did not Trump himself say, "I mean what I say"? If so, then he meant what he said- UE is close to 40% and GDP is below zero. There's no spinning that, Ipaman. It's flat-out lying and you should be embarrassed for implying it's not.

AkeemTheDreem86 likes this.
  7. SeabrookMiglla

trump said the *GDP* was negative zero...

please hold me.

JeffB and B-Bob like this.
  8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Love the "please hold me" -- most appropriate catch phrase for 2017 so far, and can picture Lady Liberty saying that under her enormous coppery breath.

But folks, use your imagination a little. GDP can be negative... if a nation destroys more than it creates for a year. And you know, Trump has painted a fairly bleak picture of our country, with everything on fire and riots on every corner. :eek::D

9. Indaface

Indaface Member

Obviously our GDP is in the tank because all our money is going to paying off protesters instead of the economy.

JeffB and B-Bob like this.
  10. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I'm gonna have to correct you here, it's "a taco truck on every corner." Although, I'm guessing that if it's really good tacos that a riot could start in line.