1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is there any chance Worrell returns next year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dwhite, Feb 11, 2017.

1. dwhite

dwhite Member

One more year of Bill doing home games.....that is all that I ask!!!

2. topfive

topfive CF OG

Ideal scenario: We win it all this year and the team gives Bill a championship ring as his retirement present.

ramotadab, Deckard and RasaqBoi like this.
  3. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Time for Bill to go. Can we get a hot sideline reporter? Leila Rahimi is missed.

Scarface281 likes this.
  4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I actually really like Bullard when he works tandem with someone. He brings good insights and is corny in an endearing way, and doesn't get too high or too low. It's when you add Drexler to a three-team that things just get messy and uneven.

I do like Bill, but I am very indifferent to Ackerman. He doesn't stand out to me, yet. Maybe he'll grow over time.

mario_v likes this.
  5. Jake Stewart

Jake Stewart Member

Ackerman is very knowledgeable and brings enthusiasm to the games.

6. Rocketeer4Life

Why can't they force Clyde to retire instead of Worrell?

Little Bit and Deckard like this.
  7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

If Alexander is determined to force Bill out, I can't think of a better way to give Bill a sendoff.

8. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I hope he doesn't. Craig Ackerman has been a breath of fresh air.

9. dwhite

dwhite Member

I definitely do not want to bash Craig....just feel that Bill is severely underrated by the people of Houston.

Little Bit likes this.
  10. Dream lover

Dream lover Member

when Gene Peterson and Jim Foley were handed their hats and shown the door, the writing was on the wall for Bill. It was never a matter of if, just when. Bill has been the rockets announcer since the early 80's and I grew up listening to him, Gene and Jim. Always listened on game night on the radio with Gene and Jim, if the game was a nationally televised game, I would turn off the sound on the TV and turn on the radio. Times change, but Bill will be missed, best tandem he was apart of by far was Bill and Murph.

11. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

folks who still root for Worrell to broadcast are prob in their late 40s and over

:)

12. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

i think he has health issues, if you watch the halftime yao jersey retirement ceremony, you can clearly see he is dealing with something.
    i think its a good time for him to hang up the mike.

13. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Worrell has been drinking again I've heard.

14. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I love hearing BIll, everything flows well with him. He manages Clyde and Bull the same way Ernie does the TNT crew. Craig doesn't have that yet, doesn't mean he's not good at what he does. I just notice that the broadcast flows better with Bill.

15. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I love the homerism of Bill. He is like the voice cheerleader for the Rockets, I don't care if he says anything incoherent. I just love Rockets getting cheered on.

16. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

I don't think he wants to return... he keeps complaining about not sitting court-side any more and not being able to see from the new vantage-point, which is what Gene Peterson did right before he left. And if GP didn't get a jersey, I'm not sure Bill will.

17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

[​IMG]