1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Feds conduct sweeps

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by edwardc, Feb 10, 2017.

?

Do you think it right for this to happen now

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    35.7%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    64.3%
  1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Did Pedro piss in your tacos or something?

You still haven't shown that illegals depress wages for Americans or that they hurt the economy even though you keep repeating it.

2. Dei

Dei Member

A good chunk of them don't know English and have poor understanding of first world norms and customs. A lot of them drunk drive. For a more industry specific case, I once talked to a guy involved in construction. He hired illegals, directly and indirectly, and while he got along with them, he recognized significant problems with them generally. Almost all of them were thieves, specifically, of worker tools. You leave something unattended for a little while and it vanishes. It's actually the easiest way to tell who broke into your car in Texas: if your tools were left unattended, it was a black, if they were taken, it was a spic.

Now, and this really does skirt around the issue of color but take my account for it anyway, it's always the browner you get, the worse the people. White hispanics who are of mostly Spanish heritage and can generally pass as whites with a built-in tan tend to be nice, decent people. Then you get the swarthy mother****er who looks like he just swam across the Rio Grande to sell you oranges and he's a thieving b*stard who's smiles to your face but secretly hates you and takes **** behind your back.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-garlic-labor-shortage-20170207-story.html

Big agro is the biggest perpetrator of this but the construction guy I talked to also said something similar happens in his industry. A lot of illegals taking less than minimum wage or no wage at all, and also bring their family to work.

#42 Dei, Feb 11, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  3. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

If illegals are allowed to stay, they should have the opportunity to get auto and medical insurance like everyone else. It is no fun getting into a fender bender with these folks. Many times they just run. Cant really blame them for running though.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Which is interesting . . .. because they are not trying to find OTHER ways to depress wages.

Rocket River

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol, ready to just admit you are a racist then?

EDIT: Also, I love how all you have is anecdotal evidence. Nothing but your small echo chamber of thoughts and WN allies.

Fact is, you are wrong. Of course.

https://www.cato.org/blog/immigration-crime-what-research-says
    "Both the Census-data driven studies and macro-level studies find that immigrants are less crime-prone than natives with some small potential exceptions."

Now, I eagerly await all the conservative posters that assure they are not racist to actually call this dude out...

6. Dei

Dei Member

Nope. I remember you going by the definition of racism as believing that one race is inherently superior to another. I don't. I'm open to people of all colors behaving civilly and performing well. A professor of mine in university who taught me how to design biological markers for MRI was a Mexican and he was fantastic. I'm simply talking about the behaviors and tendencies of certain groups. It's not at all different from describing the Greeks are pretty lazy or Brits as being very sarcastic.

On your paper about crime, I don't have the time to read it atm (though I got the statistic of 1.6% vs. 3.3%). A lot of crime is under-reported. Petty crimes like theft as I said, according to my conversation with an acquaintance, is hard to report and follow. I've had a few brushes with foreigners as well, and not necessarily in the US, and can attest to the idea that migrants are really. Third world people are very, very wily and sneaky when it comes to getting away with petty crime. Also, Idk if your paper discriminates between racial groups. Undoubtedly, if it did, whites would go down a lot and blacks would be highlighted astronomically, being the group that commits the most and the worst crime.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Backslide time it looks like. You are by definition a racist.

You plainly said "it's always the browner you get, the worse the people." and to top it off, you used a racial slur...I mean come on now, just admit it. Be honest with yourself, you are a racist.

You believe that being a bad person is inherent, since skin color is something you inherit.

Oh, so nothing to prove your point but anecdotal evidence. Alright then. Moving on.

8. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

What does per capita GDP have to do with the argument of wage depression?

9. Dei

Dei Member

So what? Skin color is not the absolute arbiter of race. There are light skinned Africans. And, like I said, by your definition of inherent superiority of races over others, I made no comments as to. You're just upset and have some keywords you do not deem politically correct.

Like I said with crime, a lot of it is under-reported. You want me to present to you a study on something under-reported. The story I gave is anecdotal, but it gets told enough. I think that's saying something. My point about the disparity of the level of crime between black and non-black demographics is not anecdotal though.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Amazing the things you tell yourself just to say you are not a racist. The mental gymnastics are rather impressive, though.

Upset? My first response was "lol" because you actually believe something as dumb as "The darker your skin the worse you are." Nah, people like you get my pity and not my anger.

Like I said, you have no proof to your claim but "Stories" so I'm not sure why anyone would believe that. I posted the research in response to your claim about immigrants btw.

11. Dei

Dei Member

And you have not posed any actual arguments.

I am ok with that. I'm not making a conclusive case for migrants, anyway. The guy who asked me comment earlier asked me for my personal reasons for believing migrants are terrible at work. And not all of it is anecdotal. That fact that many of them don't speak English very well is not anecdotal. That many of them don't follow the same customs as Americans is common knowledge. This won't make a case for policies, probably, but I'm not trying to make one anyway.

And, technically, all illegal migrants are criminals. They crossed the border illegally. They're criminals.

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Just a spiteful envious hateful individual. "But but they still conscruction tools". Dead giveaway right there, the root of your problem. A broke ass mother****er that never had kids and became a nobody in life.

13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

14. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I've had identify theft twice, caused me all kinds of trouble with the irs with thousands of dollars in unclaimed income from multiple states. 10 years later after the first incidents, still dealing with some aftermath. the folks using my information to secure work were "undocumented" but did not have criminal records according to investigators. who are we kidding, stealing someone's info is illegal as is undocumented immigration. i'm sorry folks but you can't do that, it hurts real americans.

Dei likes this.
  15. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Some states (like Utah and Maryland) have allowed for immigrant auto insurance by creating special driving privilege cards.

16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I like the "don't break up families" excuse, as if there aren't plenty of parents in prison.

so cruel to deport these innocent people

17. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Not sure I follow. Are you saying that black people commit the worst crimes or white people? It wasn't clear from your awkwardly worded statement.

18. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Obama deported 2.7 million people. He didn't get nearly as much backlash. Perhaps you can think critically and figure out why

#58 shastarocket, Feb 12, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I ****ing hate this rationality. Coming from parents who had the means to immigrate from a third world **** hole, it isn't really 'cutting the line'.

My parents were born into the upper wealth class of Bangladeshi citizens and went to the best private schools in their country hence they were able to apply to American universities and have them sponser their student visas. You think the other 99% Bengali citizens who live in tin shacks have that access?

Usually the more privileged are the only ones who actually have any access to the line to get in. Usually the ones who jump the border had no avenue to immigrate legally in the first place.

#59 fchowd0311, Feb 12, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    wouldabeen23 and shastarocket like this.
  20. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I'm glad you brought this up because I've seen too many folks paint immigrants with broad strokes. There's a fairly straightforward reason why Asian Americans are the most educated and economically productive subset.

Of course the issue is more complicated than that, but getting a "head start" in life is so damn critical.

fchowd0311 likes this.