1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. wadero

wadero Member

I was playing around today and came up with this.
    Anderson Brewer and KJ
    For
    Ibaka Green and Hezonia

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  2. Dash

Dash Member

If Morey doesn't do any major moves, I'd at least try to nab Leandro Barbosa from Phoenix. Familar with system and won 6th man playing for D'antoni. Probably could get him on the cheap

BHannes2BHonest, carib and larsv8 like this.
  3. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

I'm not going to question his (Ryno) happiness. There wasn't much success in N.O. last year. D'Antoni
    system benefited players when Kobe & Melo didn't play for the most part. The system when run correctly
    opens up the floor in the half court and emphasizes rim runs or easy baskets in the fast breaks.

Problem i have with Ryno this year is consistency. I'm guessing he has to devote greater effort on the
    defensive end more than any time in his career; which has bothered his shot more often than not. Plus he may be pressing too much to actually earn the money on his current contract. He shld be happy.

Problem I have with Ibaka was his comment last year saying basically he was bored with the role
    of watching guys (Westbrook/Durant) dribble the air out of the ball while the rest just stand there.
    Is that a hint that he wants to post up more (Rockets had that tug a war last year with D12)? Or will
    playing more at the 5, like he did in last yrs playoffs, be enough to keep his mind in the game
    & happy?

I believe Ibaka with Houston could & can be a very good thing. Ibaka brings more intangibles than
    Ryno. This perception that just Houston treats players as just another number or an asset is bogus.
    All teams treat players in such a manner. Cuban accused the Rockets of doing such; but I can
    state examples how Mark Cuban has done much the same. All players that do not have a "no trade
    clauses" are assets........sorry to say.

Edited later: Cuban criticism noted as it pertains to Houston......but not Dallas. Compare it with Ryno.
    http://nypost.com/2014/09/29/mark-cuban-labeled-a-hypocrite-in-nerdy-nba-rivalry/

#2083 Jatman20, Feb 11, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  4. vtjsr2

vtjsr2 Member

can dudley play the 3?

i also wish morey would look at adding a 1 that can create and move bev to the 2 in lineups.

5. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Yes Dudley can play the 3. Last year Dudley w/Washington was one of the best 3 point shooters
    until the final stretch of the season which dropped him to about 42% from 3. He was also graded
    as one of the worst defenders for approximately the entire season. Say another Ryno.

Aminu in 4 games of Feb is 10 out of 21 3-point attempts (.476 or 48%). That nice contract & Portland
    struggling might make for a nice trade partner. Just saying.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=
    Or
    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hrxywmk

#2085 Jatman20, Feb 11, 2017
    vtjsr2 likes this.
  6. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

#2086 DonKnock, Feb 11, 2017
  7. Rokman

Rokman Member

Jahlil Okafor to Rockets for KJ and a 2nd is a done deal.

8. ABS

ABS Member

It is no doubt Serge Ibaka is Head and Shoulder better than Ryno. To even think this is a debate, definitely falls OUTSIDE of basketball to those that think Ryno is better than Ibaka or a better fit to the Rockets than Ibaka.

Please tell me we have more competent Rox fans than that.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  9. vtjsr2

vtjsr2 Member

I think going after Dudley and Price would be solid for this team.

Brew/Ennis/2nd for Dudley/Price

Sanity2disChaos likes this.
  10. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

I wish I could tell you that teams won't look down on the Rockets if they trade Ryno right now.

I wish I could tell you that current NBA players and soon to be Free Agents would not hold it against the Rockets if Ryno was traded right now.

To each I don't know....I can tell you opposing teams & the media will try to continue portraying the Rockets
    in a negative way. Trading Ryno by the trading deadline gives them more ammo.

I'm thick skinned enough to listen to the criticism the Rockets would get. I'm not sure the Rockets organization would take that PR hit. They may just say they didn't want to give up a 1st rounder
    for an upcoming UFA in Ibaka. Playing it safe.

The Warriors & Durant knew that they would get a lot of flak on Durant signing with the GSW's. Just got
    to play through it.

#2090 Jatman20, Feb 12, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    Tha_Dude likes this.
  11. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Probably N. O. Pels. But I feel Portland is a good fit for him.

12. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Yeah, if the Rockets trade Anderson who they just signed to a big contract and who has helped the team to the 3rd best winning percentage in the NBA before the all-star break, I think that would be an unprecedented move on the part of the Rockets and arguably worth the criticism it would garner.

Mostly, because this team has exceeded expectations and nobody even thought we would be a top 6 seed this year. There's no way we trade Anderson for Ibaka, its basically a 0% chance of happening.

BamBam, Jatman20 and DonKnock like this.
  13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

They will laugh at DM and Les.

D-rock likes this.
  14. Raz

Raz Member

No, Morey will laugh, because Okafor is a useless scrub and not worth half a bag of chips.

15. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

This is a simple move that I expect us to make..... maybe this exact one but something similar...... now if we could combine this with a Mario H. Trade that be wonderful

16. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

UPDATE:

D-rock and Jatman20 like this.
  17. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Ryan Anderson 3-pt% each month per basketball-reference.com
    Oct---.300
    Nov---.424
    Dec---.414
    Jan----.410
    Feb---.310............more rest may not suit Ryno. But I'm not criticizing; it should benefit the entire team in the long run.

Just FYI .....don't know if others saw this a few games back. Thank You NBA schedulers.
    (I've been busy recently & failed to post it sooner).
    Rockets.......51 games total..........29 road games..........12 back-to-backs
    Thunder.......48 games total...........26 road games.............5 back-to-backs
    Warriors.......48 games total...........24 road games.............7 back-to-backs
    Clips.............48 games total...........25 road games.............5 back-to-backs
    Spurs............47 games total...........25 road games.............9 back-to-backs
    Cavs.............46 games total...........20 road games.............5 back-to-backs

#2097 Jatman20, Feb 12, 2017
    Deckard, DonKnock and BigMaloe like this.
  18. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Nice with the schedule data.

But I think it's unfair to paint rhyno on February just it. It's only been 5 games and his numbers are slightly skewed from a 0-6 performance against the bulls? On a b2b and the end of our treterous schedule before our break.

DonKnock likes this.
  19. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

I know small sample size. Again I'm not criticizing him. I just wanted to correct an earlier post I made
    when I said he was inconsistent. Actually he had been consistently near 40% from 3 (on a grueling sched).
    My bad. Same goes with Aminu (Portland) small sample size in Feb.....but I would like to get Aminu on
    the cheap as he is now healthy and "possibly" flying under the radar.

Edited later:
    Having said that: I do have an issue with Ryno's defense. The teams in the playoffs will try to
    iso Ryno on the perimeter & in the post & test weakside rotations. I'm seeing teams like the Cavs
    & Warriors force switches about 3 times a game. Durant on Beverley......LeBron on Cameron
    Payne.......but in the playoffs that will turn into about 9 or 10 times a game. More is the opposing
    team has no answer. As a way to force the team to take that weak defending player to the bench.
    Like Kevin Love....Ryno will have to produce on the offensive end.

They are probing defenses in anticipation of the playoffs. Defense of Ryno may be a liability in the playoffs. We may see a lot of Dekker and Ariza in the playoffs at the 4. That's why I would like to
    get another wing like Aminu or PJ Tucker.

#2099 Jatman20, Feb 12, 2017
  20. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

Looks like we're getting nothing this trade deadline boyos. Morey will greatly regret not going after nurkic. Denver was so eager to get rid of him they included a 1st round pick.