1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you want Eddie gone right now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Furious Jam, Oct 28, 2003.

Tags:
?

Do you want Eddie gone right now?

1. Yes, right now

90 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. No, Rockets shouldn't be so hasty

108 vote(s)
    54.5%
  1. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

I know a man's innocent until proven otherwise and all that.

And I know that Eddie is still young.

And I know that he's still talented.

But, to me, he just seems like a loser. Why would anyone want a loser on their team if they're trying to make the playoffs?

I'd be thrilled if they cut him right now.

2. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

He's got too much potential to cut him now.

3. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Simply put..... No.

He's too young to just give up on. Lets not forget about players like Jermaine O'neal, Chris Webber, and Rasheed Wallace. These guys all had character issues and with the exception of Webber all struggled early in their careers. If we let him go now we get nothing for him.

We have no choice but to work through this.

4. Furious Jam

What have those guys ever won?

Webber and Wallace are lucky that they're not in prison right now.

And O'Neal was a part of the disaster at the world games.

5. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Let's let him play in the yard for a while and see what happens.

6. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

From a business perspective, it would be stupid to cut Eddie since he has a guaranteed contract, untapped potential (young), and a lot was invested in him.

I'd rather see him get shipped elsewhere. Too bad the Rockets waited so long.

7. kgw

kgw Member

Presuming he does come around, and get his game back
    on track, we should be able to sign him fairly cheap if we
    so desire.

8. juicedude

juicedude Member

Almost makes you want to cry knowing we could of gotten Rashard for him.

9. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Please kindly explain what do we get by cutting him?

10. Slick Willie

Slick Willie Member

No....... too soon

11. Furious Jam

Dignity. Ever heard of that?

12. garthomps

garthomps Contributing Member

1) Traded for 3 picks
    2) ave 3 pts per game since 01
    3) smokes the kind
    4) stupid
    5) can't shoot
    6) shoots at the ladies

Get rid of his a$$ now. Simply based on principle, this guy does not deserve ****. He is the example of what is wrong with the NBA.

I think everyone has decided to accept this as normal behaviour given all the other crap we have seen in the league. Rockets should set a standard instead of giving out more favors to the junior high kids.

WHAT!?

13. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

WTF? Dignity? You mean "punishing" someone before they were proven guilty. Continuing paying someone for doing the wrong thing instead of reforming him by witholding pay for not living up to resposibilty? I don't really understand how that shows dignity in anyway.

14. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

one rash decision by the astros and now we HAVE to follow them and drop a player that has a little run in with the law...
    LUGO = SUCKED
    EDDIE G. = ENOURMOUS TALENT , and tons of POTENTIAL

i hope we extend his contract and he fixes himself up and shows all of you people not to jump the gun on everything.(no pun intented) :rolleyes:

15. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't care about these allegations. I wanted him gone before training camp even started because I don't think he will ever be any better than he is right now. Age be damned, even the youngest of players demonstrate improvement from one year to the next, and if anything I would say Griffin regressed last season. So I don't think he has the drive or the enthusiasm to get better as a player. His inherent skills were good enough to dominate in college, but to do the same in the NBA requires hard work, and I don't see it in Griffin to put forth the effort required. Trade him as soon as we can.

16. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

but IMO i thin the astros did lugo wrong by cutting him... he wasnt allowed to tell his side of the story, and thats sad. in the world of sports GUILTY until proven innocent...

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Does Eddie even have potential anymore? he's skinny, he's not a good shooter, he's bad man on man defender. He's young, yeah, but so are a lot of guys, he's a decent leaper and help defender/weakside shotblocker and average rebounder. He's been given every opportunity to succeed and has not.

After a while, you have to stop calling it "potential" and start calling it "average NBA player", because that's what h e has been since he came into the league.

18. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

well J. Oneal had potential his first three years, but responded with putting up Amaechiesque stats... now he's arguably the easts best big man

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Jermaine O'Neal was buried on the depth chart behind Sabonis, Davis, Wallace, etc.

Griffin has been given every single opportunity to succeed and was handed the starting job last season. He did nothing to show he deserved it.

20. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

some people dont respond well when thrown in the fire, kinda like wat happened to eddie. look im not here to argue, but im saying some more time is justifyable... maybe he shouldve been brought along slower, at a JOneal Pace... its all If and thens, but hey its all good.