1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Rizzy

Rizzy Member

Very good. There are also a few others on HBO that I would recommend:

Thought Crimes - this one is F'd up
    The Jinx
    Jim - The James Foley Story
    Citizenfour

Also watched one about a teacher who get framed/setup in the 90's. Reminded me of "How To Make a Murderer". Don't remember the name of it but the ladies name was in it "Pat" or "Patricia"

Disagreed, I loved almost everything about this movie. Especially the scenes with Woz and Jobs. Another Fincher classic.

Watched Allied a couple of nights ago. 7/10. Thought it would be slow and boring but it was a solid paced movie.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

Fences: 9/10 The dialogue is outstanding, and the performances match. Interesting that at key plot twists you don't quite expect the responses and actions to turn as they do. For example, you don't really expect Denzel to say he won't give up his extra, and you don't expect the son to go into the military. It's hard to stay in the moment for the full two hours at such a high level given that the scenery doesn't ever change, but that house is a character in and of itself. The ending made me laugh, but I didn't connect with it because while Denzel was powerful it was hard to root for the somewhat happy ending.

Satisfaction: 3/10 For a rock and roll movie I can't believe they lip sync, I can't believe their was no rock and roll in it, and I cannot believe how god awful the romance cliches are ( riding horseback on the beach together ). The volley ball scene between the rockers and gay medical students is one of the worst in the history of film. ) What was interesting to me though was that you could really see the variance in the good actors ( Liam, Julia Roberts, and Scott Coffey ) from the bad actors as you roll along. But a dud. Justine Bateman looks good at points. Though awkward to see her with Liam as it feels like they are mismatched. Most of the dialogue and plot is awful, but there are some surprise responses which makes you think the good actors did some ad lib at points.

#6642 PhiSlammaJamma, Jan 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Star Trek Beyond: 6/10
    It was enjoyable but I didn't connect with it. Probably wouldn't ever watch it again but didn't mind it.

Suicide Squad: 3/10
    Wow. I went thinking I was going to like this. No negative reviews impacted me, I'm fully able to enjoy comic book movies, etc. Woof. This felt like a bad B movie with a big production budget to me. I HATED the Joker portrayal, and thought most of the chacters were weak. The Enchantress was awful and her weird gyrations? Also, if all it took to kill the brother baddy was a bomb, am I really supposed to believe this woman could destroy the world?

4. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

American Honey: 7/10 - This movie is definitely not for everybody but i enjoyed it.

5. conquistador#11

"The death of 'superman lives':what happened?" 9/10
    9/10. As a superman fan since the age of 5, I was amazed at this documentary. I didn't know if it was a joke or if it was serious. I marveled at the idea of what a disaster or greatness tim burton would have created with Nicolas cage as Superman. Some of the Concept Art by Burton was cool in a WTF are you smoking kind of way. They didn't cover who would be on the soundtrack but I imagine the funeral party by the cure.

[​IMG]

joeson332 likes this.
  6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

It Follows

4/10

On the creepiness scale it was a 10/10, but in every other way it was not good. I can't believe this has a 97% on Rotten Tomatoes.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Nice Guys - 9/10

How did I go this long without watching this? Awesome movie.

Jontro likes this.
  8. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Split -8.5/10 Pretty good twist, had me guessing what was going to happen next just about the whole movie. Although it was a little rocky at the beginning of what was going on.

The Autopsy of Jane Doe - 4/10 Good idea, but horrible execution. Bad CGI, bad acting, meh story line. Could have been good, horror parts were very underwhelming.

9. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Where did you watch this? Sounds interesting

10. Buck Turgidson

Watched Time Bandits late last night for the first time since I was a kid. Still awesome.

11. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Last Shift : 7/10, not a bad horror flick. Pretty disturbing, reminds me of the game Silent Hill a bit.

12. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

Bridge of Spies
    7.5/10

Very enjoyable. Tom Hanks is solid. A few very suspenseful moments and an interesting perspective on espionage during the cold war.

13. PhiSlammaJamma

Hidden Figures: 8/10

Liked because it did take me into a place I had never been before, the bowels of NASA, and because it was true story that really hadn't been told. Thought though the drama was much less than other space movies like Apollo 13 and the Right Stuff so lowered it to an 8. additionally thought that Parsons character should have been redemptive at the end. Reckon it was Directors call, and a tough one at that because it probably did happen exactly as they filmed it, and black america might not have liked Parsons folding in at the end, but think overall I was waiting the entire movie for that redemptive moment to happen, and it didn't. So think they should have included it to show everyone can change.

Hail Caesar: 8/10

This was really neat little movie too. Well cast. Loved when the fixer was at his dining room table and the wife told him he forgot to meet with kids teacher to solve the problem, and to his amazement, the problem took care of itself. Nice writing.

Now you See me 2: 5/10

All over the place. Not very coherent. Plot is lame. Generally though, think the movie has established a brand that makes it watchable for light entertainment, which is tough to do because they not only have to suspend your belief once like all movies do, but also a second time because it's magic on screen which nobody has a reason to believe in. and they for the most part do that well.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

His character and Dunst's were not real people, and NASA was desegregated several years before the events of this movie.

15. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Lucky Number Slevin, guilty pleasure movie. 8/10

16. jsingles

jsingles Member

The Founder 9/10

Great, great movie. I don't want to spoil any of it, the only thing I can say is I felt terrible for Larua Dern's character.

RocketWalta likes this.
  17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This Means War: 6/10

Definitely not my kind of movie, but I laughed some.

18. PotStu

PotStu Member

Watched this movie last night thought it was awesome as well.

It's on Showtime. Definitely worth watching.

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

keeping up with the joneses - 7/10

it's very formulaic and before you even watch it, you've already seen it at least 50 times before. they make carbon copies of these movies every year. but, since i'm a sucker for these type of comedies and romcoms, realize that my ratings are purely based on entertainment value (on how much i enjoyed it), not quality of movie.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The Girl With All The Gifts

Not what you think it is . . . but it is kind of a Zombie movie.
    It is very interesting and different. not 100% gore fest but definitely kept me on my foots.

8/10

Rocket River