1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Potential Rocket Profile: Carmelo Anthony

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Cat, Jun 20, 2014.

1. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Fools dont know this....

Melo would be a game changer... a good situation and winning changes everything.... just ask Gordon and Anderson.

I would send anderson off in a heart beat along with protected picks and young talent for MELO.....

we arent winning anything this year without some moves anyways.... and what is the point in wasting Hardens prime years.... he is playing his heart out with almost 0 chance of winning the ship!

mario_v and Caesar like this.
  2. jayfree

jayfree Member

Trading for Melo a month ago would seem like a bad move as any change in this teams winning percentage would draw speculation that he wasn't a good player to add. But after the last few weeks and seeing how well GS continues to play I would be for this move. Unfortunately, we don't have much to offer. Ariza for starters (although I feel his defense is better than Melo's). Then you are looking at Dekker or Montrezl. After that there is nothing. Gordon wouldn't be a good fit in the Knicks system and we don't have any great draft picks to throw in.

If the Knicks were to take Anderson/Montrezl or Ariza/Dekker then I would be for it. Maybe they would take Brewer as well. But none of that is happening.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Knicks appear willing to give him away.

J.J. Redick(FA)? (Soon-to-be)37-year old Jamal Crawford? Austin Rivers?

According to a person with knowledge of the situation, who spoke to USA TODAY Sports on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the situation, the Clippers have a strong interest in adding Anthony so long as they don’t have to give up one of their Big Three of Paul, Griffin or DeAndre Jordan. Considering they have made this clear to the Knicks, the illuminating part is that the conversation didn’t die right there.

With the Knicks known to think very favorably of 24-year-old Clippers guard Austin Rivers (career-high 11.9 points per game this season), and with various combinations of trade scenarios known to include other players like veteran shooting guard J.J. Redick (who will be a free agent this summer) and super sixth man Jamal Crawford (who signed a three-year, $42 million deal last summer), it seems clear that the Knicks’ interest level in parting ways with Anthony is growing by the day.​

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Weird how often ppl throw around "X Player is a perfect fit for D'Antoni." I'm curious who isn't...except Melo and Howard

You do remember Melo did not run MDA's offense in NY, and he is regarded as having gotten MDA fired. MDA has talked about his struggles in NYC (Melo) and LA (Howard) regularly. There is no way we trade for Melo, with all Morey's comments about MDA finally having a good fit again. No way.

I've loved Melo's offensive game more than nearly any poster on this board, but he's *not* a good fit for this MDA offense, much less the defense.

oakdogg, photojoe, Mathloom and 3 others like this.
  5. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Low risk, high reward if you're packaging Ryno. If Melo doesnt work, flip him to Brooklyn for trash. Its a risk you have to take.

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Dantoni and melo can't coexist so this is a non starter

7. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

I think if MELO wants to win and he sees the current situation of the Rockets I would agree that he is willing to buy into MDA's system. Problem in NY was the personnel which didn't fit the system similar to what the rockets went through last year. With that said I would trade for MELO if I can get an agreement that he would buy into our system. I would give up Ryno, KJ, the rights to Llull or Gentile with a future pick in a heartbeats besides NY has came out and said that they don't want much in return.

8. DreamRun95

DreamRun95 Member

This is so true. Melo has been a semi low block post player with isolation tendencies suited more for half court offenses. He has the talent to to play any style but his mental stubbornness to play any other way limits him.

9. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Is this what normally happens around here when the Rockets lose a couple of games? People start bringing up Melo trade scenarios?

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

10. alethios

alethios Member

That's what she said....

11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Am I the only one that is more interested in finding out if we can add Reddick somehow in a three way deal? I know that probably our two best players play the same position as JJ, but man his shooting would be perfect here.

DudeWah and MONON like this.
  12. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Melo struggles to get up and down the court, he couldn't play the Matrix role for MDA... That is what the rockets need...

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think he's a good fit either.
    He'd take away shots from Andersen and Gordon.
    We need a big that can score

Tha_Dude and Mathloom like this.
  14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Some people are just super thirsty for having a popular person on this team. If you are pushing for Melo, you have absolutely no idea why this team is winning so much more than they should have been.

Hell no on Melo. He is just a slightly more offensively gifted Rudy Gay. We do not need locker room cancers, ball stoppers, people who find it normal to disregard coach's instructions, people who don't give a sh*t about staying in shape, who build their career around which city is glamorous enough for them.

I said just a couple of weeks ago, the Cavs would not accept Melo nor would Melo want to play in Cleveland even if it means beating the Warriors, and that's the news that came out a few days ago. Lebron knows that or he would essentially be forcing his team's hand to acquire Melo. I said he would only go to LA or Miami, and now the media is saying the Clippers are in the lead. Of course he would go there. Don't be surprised if the desperate Lakers acquire him either.

Please don't waste Harden's prime acquiring a player with a shitty attitude, big salary, no defense, fat, already failed in MDA's system, and a no trade clause.

People are talking about "winning changes everything". Carmelo Anthony is supposed to be the one who brings wins. If you're winning already, the last thing you need is a person who can't get his team into the Eastern playoffs regularly. Harden got us into the playoffs in a year where players were fighting, coaches sucked, system sucked. If Melo is not bringing wins, and he's not playing defense, and he is not moving the ball, and he is not rebounding, and he is not a positive locker room presence, then he is only a scorer. In this offense, he is a Ryan Anderson who can't hit as many 3's but can hit a heck of a lot of midrange J's. Yes he can create his own shot, but that's not a positive when he randomly decides based on his mood whether to create his own shot or keep the ball moving. He is not going to keep the ball moving and take open shots, he is always going to act like he is Michael Jordan.

If he had the attitude to be a team player, he COULD flourish in this system offensively. BUT HE DOESN'T. And if that did not change under MDA and it did not change with Mike Brown and it did not change with Phil Jackson becoming his GM and he is showing up to camp like he has 6 rings and is 38 years old and his team doesn't really need him, then what the hell are you guys thinking?

I have to question someone's motive to be pushing for this. We have built this season on chemistry, hard work, execution of a system, and smart decisions on the floor. These are areas where Melo is at his weakest. We would LOSE our ability to win more games than our talent should win. EVEN if he allegedly agrees to "fit in" this guy serially lies his ass off to the media, gets into mood swings, thinks he's the greatest thing since slice bread, doesn't shoulder responsibility, doesn't respond to adversity with self improvement.

Just a mess. Hell. F'in. No. Not Melo. I would rather wait for someone this summer.

photojoe, Tha TC and Tha_Dude like this.
  15. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

he thinks you are a fool

16. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Yeah, we're such fools for not trading Anderson + young TALENT + protected pickS IN A HEARTBEAT for a guy who struggles to get his team 41 wins in the East, believes he's Lebron James, failed in MDA's system, chose money and location when he could have gone to winning situations as an FA, has not won a damn thing in 14 YEARS and holds a no trade clause on a contract that has 2 years left on it.

We're just such a bunch of fools. Yes, please let's trade everything we have for a guy who does nothing but score 22 points on 18 shots and has masterfully carried a team in the EAST with Jennings/Noah/Rose/Lee/Porzingis/Melo and some average depth to a 20-27 record. Must be the coach and the system again!

I really don't know if people understand what Melo is. Do people understand that the Knicks would be at least top 4 in the East if you just replaced Melo with Harden? Yes everyone knows Harden is better than Melo, but I want to know if people understand just how much worse than ANY superstar Melo is? He doesn't do anything other than scoring, his #1 skill in the world is scoring 22 points on 18 shots, and he makes max money, and he has a no trade clause, and he has an opinion about how the system should suit how he plays.

photojoe likes this.
  17. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Well, if you hated T-Mac I can't imagine what the fallout would be if Melo came here cause Melo is basically T-Mac 2.0 only slightly fatter and even less interested.

I hope the Clippers get him, it will seal their fate. But, they really have less to lose because of how injury and choke prone their team is.

Tha TC likes this.
  18. Tha TC

Tha TC Member

2.5 years later DO NOT WANT

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I never hated Tmac, I only hate that his fans make excuses and fantasies that none of the failure of his tenure was his and that in any other given situation, he would have been an NBA Champion or MVP. He never was and history proves my point.

For example, when Harden struggled in the WCF, his stupid fans question if he was better than Tmac. I just want to terminate them.

Tha_Dude likes this.
  20. Mathloom

Supporting Member

What a waste of a career, honestly. In the other thread people are talking **** about Larry Sanders but if Melo went into the GM's office and said "to be honest I don't care about winning it all, I mostly care about money and fame and I have that already so I want a buyout" it would be the most honest thing he did his whole career. And he would enjoy his life more. And Knicks fans could finally get on with building a real team.