1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chase Sapphire Preferred

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ubiquitin, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Good to know... they seem pretty relaxed about the entire process.

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

The smaller airport in Tokyo has an awesome outdoor area. It doesn't even need a lounge haha

3. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Don't know if anyone is a traveler here or not, but just got approved for both the southwest business and southwest premiere cards!

Business

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/southwest/60KPremierBiz?CELL=637V

Premiere

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/southwest/inflight?CELL=6PNR

which will give you 60,000 and 50,000 points respectively. AKA this will give you companion pass automatically if you get approved and spend $3k and $2k respectively in the first 2-3 months.

This will give you Companion pass for the rest of the year that you get 110,000 points plus the next calendar year. I'm aiming to get 22 months of companion pass with this jig.

4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks for the heads up. I'm definitely applying tonight.

5. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Yeah it's a keeper. 150 a year for top status in national, always having global entry and precheck, priority pass and I make up the 150 in points.

6. Band Geek Mobster

Love my Sapphire Reserve card. I've got my Global Entry interview tomorrow which is reimbursed by Chase. Also, from what I can tell, the travel credit is very lax at what constitutes travel. I was receiving credit for public transportation (Bus/Subway fare)!

7. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

You can get travel credit for UberEats.

8. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

Booked an Airbnb for 3 days in Florence in May and got $300 back the next day. I love this card.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

My $300 gets reimbursed for EZtag pretty quickly.

10. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I got a sapphire reserve card a couple of weeks ago -- havent gotten any of the perks yet since I have to cross the 4k amount in the 3 months but the perks looked awesome for the price

11. hlcc

hlcc Member

It's very lax, parking (both monthly & one off ) fees, Uber, taxi etc all count as well.

12. jsingles

jsingles Member

I didn't want to make a new thread as this question pertains to credit card rewards.

My apartments allow me to pay my rent ($960 or so a month) online with a credit card without any processing or admin fees. I already put all my expenditures; bills, food, gas etc on my Amex Blue. However, Amex is not an option for paying rent. I've done the last few months on my 1% cash back WF Visa but I'm looking for something more, even if it's opening an account, achieving a good bonus, then possibly canceling the card. I don't travel much but am open to something if it gets me a free domestic flight. I'd put all my monthly expenditures on the card to achieve a bonus.

13. LCAhmed

I'm sure the card would be a great fit for you! Eating out and traveling gets 3x bonus points, plus that 100k bonus points for $4k in the first 3 months is really nice. If you're going to put all your expenses on it, you'll rack up points pretty quickly. I pretty much pay for everything on my reserve card, save the next 3 months of rent since I got the southwest cards. But after I get my points, I doubt I'll use them for anything ever again.

jsingles likes this.
  14. jsingles

jsingles Member

So correct me if I'm wrong here. I see it's a $95 annual fee that's waved for the first year. If I get the 50,000 bonus points, translate to cash at $.01 for each point, am I really getting $500 back in cash?

15. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Yes. $500 isn't that much in the credit card churning world. They're happy to throw $500 out there in hopes that many of their customers will go bananas trying to hit that spending point and take years paying it off. Check out flyertalk of you want to learn how to churn for $$$$-$$$$$ a year.

Asian Sensation likes this.
  16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

If you're talking about the preferred yes. The reserve card has a 500$ annual fee.

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I have the reserve card, chase freedom, freedom unlimited. I use those 3 cards , and only those 3. I have racked up a ton of points the last several years. Along with 2 round trips to Europe and a round trip to Asia. Pretty awesome.

18. LCAhmed

Update on the Southwest cards.

Got my 60k bonus points on the business card. Just hit my southwest account. Waiting on my personal card to hit and I'll be instant companion pass with an extra 115,000 points to use to fly with. Legit.

19. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Whoa! Blast from the past. When did you start posting again, BGM?

20. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

If I transfer the 100k points to my Southwest account and then spend another $10k immediately and transfer those points from Chase to Southwest does that count as my 110,000 points and make me a Companion pass member?