1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Disturbance at Griffin house

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CiscoKid, Oct 25, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Well at least he didn't shoot her.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Looks like another basketball player involved in a he-said she-said battle. I wonder if the Rockets would go play in Las Vegas if the crowd would cheer him the way they did Kobe?

3. drewpy

drewpy Member

In my opinion, her story clearly doesn't add up. She claims she was invited, but her timing was poor? I may be old fashioned, but generally I dont invite girls over when I'm with another girl. I'll omit any jokes that come to mind. This attorney that is making statements for her has so much confidence in her story that he made it clear that his firm was not representing her in any future court action.

4. SRSonic

SRSonic Contributing Member

Where the heck is Griffin hiding?
    Why doesn't he come out and say something?

5. laen21

laen21 Member

What a thug!!!!!!! Why the hell does he even need a gun?? Why did he punch a chick in the face. ****, he's bigger than most dudes on this planet, why is it necessary to beat the **** out of some little girl. We know he has a tempor problem stemming from his days at Seton Hall... but damn! What the hell is this dumbass thinking? Even if it was "self defense" why did he feel it was necessary to shoot at her? I mean once you pummel somebody's face, you should be close enough that you got a good look at the intruder. So he obviously knew it was a girl... why be a p***y and grab a gun and go blazin' down the street?! I mean for god sakes, have any of you thought about what would have happened if he killed this girl? JESUS CHRIST! What if one of his bullets accidentally went through a window of some little kids bedroom and killed them! Don't fool yourself... this kind of **** has happened before... I've read about it several times in newspapers and such. I just don't see EG ever changing. If he comes back to play for us and sucks it up, he will hear boos from my season ticket seats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

He shouldn't have grabbed a gun and shot in public, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. It's horrible, he could've hurt some one else. As far as punching and other stuff, you have to be there to see the physical altercation to be a good judge of stuff. A man should never hit a women unless she's really attacking you and you actually feel threaten. But don't know if it's the case here.

7. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

Give up defending him. EG, do whatever you need to do to get back to basketball. No one can help you unless you help yourself.

8. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

BTW, it's quite clear now it's not about his baby, or at least not directly related to his baby. So please give up that excuse too.

9. user

user Member

Have you ever heard the 'domestic violent by women'? There are women out there who are animals. She might had cause much more severe damage on Eddie than the other way round. This is one of the possible reason that Eddie does not feel confortable to face the public right now. His face might look worse than the girl's.

We all know that Eddie always has trouble to hold his ground in a fight. Often than not, he has to depend on his outside shootings. Unfortunately, even his outside shots are not dependable as evidented in the past and this inccident. His shots have no arce and cannot hit a car in his drive way.

I'd say cut him even if he is proven acting on self defense later on. This guy cannot defense other than a few shot blocking now and then. And his offensive skill is laughable either on holding grounds or shoting from outside.

One more thought, the girl might have shot Eddie at his home court but Eddie block the shots! This is more like Eddie and that is why the police find only bullet shells instead of heads. That is my theory!

Actually, if the story of him running around to the other side of a hall to attack his high school center after being seperated has any truth in it, I can see him chasing the bully out of his house and shot toward her car. But as usual, he missed.

The bottom line is: The kid cannot defense and cannot shot...

OK, I am joking. But I just cannot see his bright future in the NBA.

10. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

on the arc

11. fly75

fly75 Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2001/s/2001/0622/1217380.html

ESPN made this stuff up, right?

12. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

...as in "where would a 6'10" guy hide in Mexico"...

"on the arc"

13. J DIDDY

J DIDDY Member

14. J DIDDY

J DIDDY Member

by the way , maybe their definition of "expelled" differs from mine, but being "expelled does not mean you get to recieve your diploma and Eddie did get his by mail.

15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I thought the article confirmed what you said.

16. jmz

jmz Contributing Member

Keep in mind the neighbors did not hear any shots. If there were shots in the middle of the night, all the neighbors would have heard them.

About this "she was invited", when was that invitation, 6 months ago?

Eddie should have called police when she first got there. Obviously this woman (girl) is pissed because she is no longer Eddies girl.

Eddie needs to get a restraining order against her. I wonder how she got through the gate since it is a gated community.

17. SCOOTER T.

SCOOTER T. Contributing Member

If Eddie comes back to the Rockets, can he pass a urine test?

18. rothdaniel

rothdaniel Member

I believe in innocent until proven guitly....

But if Eddie punched a woman in the face (even a skanky ho <-- which I'm not saying she is) I don't want him on my team.

19. brown_hornet

brown_hornet New Member

It was 5 in the moanin'. People suppose be cookin' breakfast. :)

I don't know all the details, so I withhold judgment until the details are unveiled. But, if a groupy broke into my house at 5 am, I'd crack her butt. She may have been some psycho crazy woman. I believe I read that he had already run her off TWICE the night before...that's TWICE.

EG isn't going to catch a break from the public because of his prior wrong doings, but the details are sketchy enough, and there's been no arrest warrant yet, so I think the other side of the story is what is needed. He's innocent until proven otherwise.

20. ILuvEddie33

ILuvEddie33 Member

All this is is a she said he said thing. This is getting real annoying. :rolleyes: