1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Things That Annoy the Piss out of You

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Manny Ramirez, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

The poster said "for no reason". Are you sure they weren't trying to pass someone?

I guarantee I have more driving experience than you.... 18's aren't in the left lane for no reason.

Next time you're so irked, keep in mind you wouldn't have gasoline in your car to be driving in the first place without trucks.

2. Buck Turgidson

Why make a new thread when there's a perfectly good one from 6 months ago?

3. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

People who have lived in Dallas

4. AB423

AB423 Member

Red Rowdies

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

People at work who leave ambiguous cryptic non-detailed voice mails. "Hey ima, it's Alex, give me a call, thanks, bye." At least tell me what you're calling about so I can be a little prepared when I call you back.

My Mom does this and although I love her dearly, it kind of drives me bonkers. Is something wrong? Did something happen?? Is everything okay??? No, she was just calling to see how her grandsons are doing.....

Along the same lines, people at work who insist on calling with complicated problems/issues/projects etc. instead of emailing. This is a Fortune 500 company and we have this thing called email - USE IT. If I need to refer back to something later on, it's a helluva lot easier to refer back to an email than a phone conversation that I've already forgotten about 2 minutes after I've hung up. At least follow up with an email if you insist on calling and interrupting my work.

Buck Turgidson and fallenphoenix like this.
  6. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

I have this woman in my office (cubicle setting) that twice a day turns her Pandora station on and plays it through her phone for about an hour each time. She only does it when I'm the only other person in our room and because she knows I won't say anything. But it gets worse because...

1) I hate hearing music played through cell phone speakers. I'm kind of a music nerd/audiophile and nothing grates on me more than hearing music played as loud as possible through those tinny, crackly speakers. It's like a 5 year old Samsung S5 or something, too.

**QUICK ASIDE**

My wife is one of those people... when I'd ask her to pair her phone to a speaker or plug it in, she'd say, "I'll just put it in a coffee cup! It sounds great." Um, no honey... it doesn't. It sounds like sh** that happens to be amplified by a ****ing coffee cup. We now have a bluetooth speaker in every room in our house. Please Clutchfans, don't listen to music through your phone speaker. And I've owned a HTC One... it's like 50% better than most phones in that respect, but it still sucks compared to real speakers. Don't be that guy! End noise pollution today!

**BACK TO THE POINT**

2) Her Pandora station must be programmed by satan's deaf cousin. It's what I like to call "mom-rock." Lots and lots of bands like Train, Sugar Ray, Matchbox 20, mixed with like Ed Sheeran... seriously, A LOT of Train.

3) I bought a pair of inexpensive but decent over-ear bluetooth headphones. I like to listen to my music at a pretty high volume... anyway, one day while thoroughly enjoying my music, she taps me on the shoulder and proceeds to tell me (in a very annoyed tone) that she can hear every word and every beat to every song I'm playing. Being the nice, peacekeeper/people pleaser that I am, I apologize and tell her I'll use my earbuds instead (which sucks, because I have to get up from my desk all time and hate dragging the phone with me). She closes the discussion with, "I mean you know I like music, but geez..."

Lady, that **** ain't music and **** you.

/rant

RedNation and SwoLy-D like this.
  7. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

8. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

¡Oh, ya has vuelto Swoly-D!

SwoLy-D likes this.
  9. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

That all sounds like a living hell. As for the mom-rock, I can never trust or respect someone with terrible music taste. I find people completely lacking an aesthetic compass lack a moral one as well.

#169 Deji McGever, Jan 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
    eric.81 likes this.
  10. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Ah, sending your left-wing die hard-Rockets fan daughter a Breitbart article about Karl Malone loving Donald Trump. Keep in mind I have been harassed with articles/stories about the election for months and have never responded to any of them (even the really, really absurd ones) until today

Nothing like a narcissist.

11. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

holy crap that's funny.

12. Buck Turgidson

Dallas.

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

rockets coaches playing sewer

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Any and all What threads.

Manny Ramirez likes this.
  15. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

What the hell, man? So you allow your co-worker to listen to her crappy Pandora station on her phone speaker and then she calls you out for listening to your music too loud on your headphones. And then you comply? Stop being so nice. People will walk over you all day given the opportunity.

SwoLy-D likes this.
  16. Rox11

Rox11 Member

How is it everyone on the internet claims they can drive yet we still have problems? We need more people to get on the internet? Start passing out flyers so people can read they are idiots!

And did I just read someone beepes at 18 wheelers? I hope they brake check you and your hood goes under that bar in the back.

Houstunna likes this.
  17. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, that poster and the other two ass-wipes who tagged along (@DudeWah and @LonghornFan) are all future road-rage victims.

18. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

You are honestly one of most angry and whiniest b****es on this site. Old man who has such a "great life" yet so mad all of the time. Go wipe your mascara runs, princess. Nobody likes a black, streaky face.

Mature people who "have" money don't talk about it. You like your stories though, pawpaw.

#178 LonghornFan, Jan 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    Manny Ramirez, SwoLy-D and DudeWah like this.
  19. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not using turn signals and cutting a line of cars at the last second from a right turn only or exit lane.

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Getting beaten with a post