1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eddie Griffin Update

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by benzman501, Oct 26, 2003.

1. codell

codell Contributing Member

Nice work.

Someone page Keeley very verification.

2. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

So now you're not giving anyone credit for trying to reach out to Eddie. At least you've come full circle in your argument.

3. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

In the past, I've been critical of Francis's floor play (S1P2). But how can Steve's attempt to establish an open line of communication between EG and the Rox management be anything less than positive?

There are only a handful of the current personnel I could envision with enough credibility to pull it off. It's really a short list...Mobes & Mooch (maybe).

Good job, Steve!

4. king911

king911 Member

I am a poster under an old handle, but not pinetree or friendly fan whoever those guys are.

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

So what was your old handle?

6. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

We play better without Eddie Griffin.

I certainly hope he will be back because I dont want Rox lose him without anything in return.

But for his own sake, I hope he can think hard on how he wasted his talent in past two years and how he got into this certain situation. Compared to those players (Pig, Alex Scales, etc)who work their ass off just to play in NBA, I have no sympathy with this guy.

It is time for EG to wake up.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

hilarious deckard!:D

8. Glyyde

Glyyde Member

hm.... if Yao did something to contact Eddie (which probably he did), I think the media will jump on it even more since yao is obviously more loved by the media than ANY player on the team.....

I believe the media credit it to Francis as he IS the team leader and it just goes to shows that he is doing what a leader should do..... If Wilks is the captain of this team, I believe the media will credit him of it as well........

9. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

...Returning to the team may be up to the legal system, not JVG. I believe that the police were quoted as saying the case would be turned over to the domestic violence department on MONDAY. There may be a flurry of news tomorrow.

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

It's the liberals! It's that leftist media! In fact, Bill Clinton's probably got something to do with it!!

11. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

No, you know that it is the right wing conservatives that hate all of these basketball players!!!!

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I have to say, I am VERY pleased to publicly hear that Francis is taking the INITIATIVE to contact Eddie and to try to help him out. The Rockets can't just let Eddie figure it out for himself. They have to PROTECT THEIR INVESTMENT and the onus is on the team leaders to take the INITIATIVE to get involved. I am glad that Francis is doing this. Who knows if it will do any good but it is better than just sitting on one's hands.

Perhaps I am optimistic, but I still see Eddie being salvaged here.

13. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I'd like to be optimistic. I'd like to know that Eddie wants to be salvaged. If he doesn't want to, then he's wasting the Rockets time. This moment will make or break Eddie. Either he changes and has a career, or he doesn't change and winds up on the scrapheap. The next couple days will tell the story.

14. dookiester

dookiester Member

i am definitely rooting for everything to work out. i dont know why people here are always saying they hope eddie fails. if eddie succeeds it can only be good for the rockets. the more bad that happens to him, the worse it is for the rockets organization as a whole. if youre really a rockets fan you should be praying that eddie isn't guilty and that he gets stronger because of this incident.

15. brown_hornet

brown_hornet New Member

Kudos to FRANCHISE (and all the 197 others who *TRIED*) for reaching and talking with EG. EG lost his older brother, his closest life advisor, that we all know, but it is nice to see others who care for Eddie wanting to fill that role. Eddie will need assistance to work through all of this, and I absolutely love that it's coming from Francis. Francis is the leader on this team and him lending a hand (and his heart) says much for the Franchise, much for the Rockets and even much for JVG.

I for one really like EG and know that he will be a valuable COG in the Rockets machine. His seeing his team step up to lend a hand should go a long way with Eddie, the player, but more importantly, Eddie the man.

16. cmiller

cmiller Contributing Member

We'll know the Rocket's intentions by the Friday deadline!

17. Sister Ray

Sister Ray Member

How profound.
    :rolleyes:

18. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

I hate how these damn people get off topic.. it makes me not want to read it.. but i HAVE to.. yes, im a clutch bbs-aholic:( .. can you guys please not get SOOO damn off topic..

oh.. and guys.. as others have said.. PLEASE DONT FEED THE TROLLS!!! there are quite a few out here!

19. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Friendly Fan was actually intelligent, and his arguments were thought out.

20. ILuvEddie33

ILuvEddie33 Member

That's good that Steve is being helpful. All I hope is that all this gets straightend out!