1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Send Dwight's boy KJ and a 2nd to ATL for Tim JR

mario elie likes this.
  2. jayfree

jayfree Member

You realize this is the Rocket's forum right? We don't want Memphis to have a better team nor care about what Toronto does.

3. Rokman

Rokman Member

I just thought of a great phony click-bait trade article to get some hack journalist some money. Here goes:

Are the Knicks finally ready to part ways with Carmelo Anthony and are the Rockets just the team to make that happen?

It's no secret that Carmelo Anthony and the Knicks management, ahem Phil Jackson, have not seen eye-to-eye recently and with the Knicks sitting in the 10th seed in the East and the trade deadline coming quickly to an end next month, something's gotta give. In come the Rockets. During Anthony's last free agency the Rockets wined and dined Anthony even going as far as putting a cut out poster of him in one of their own players jerseys which bore his number to show him how he would look in Rockets Red. The ploy didn't work with Carmelo ultimately choosing the bright lights of New York where his wife could also shine. Needless to say, it has not been a love affair between the two sides and the dreams of millions in the city to be contenders have fallen vastly short of reality.
    The Rockets have been looking for that elusive star to pair next to James Harden since they brought him in and thought they found the ultimate side kick in Dwight Howard but soon found out.....

Ah hell, I'm done with that crap it's so freaking mindless and insipid. Anyway, you get the idea. A trade that could bring Drama due to Anthony's and D'Antoni's past but if it clicked, oh the magic!

Anyone have an opinion on if the Rockets actually brought Anthony in? I think he is a cancerous ball hog but could be our equivalent to a Durant to Curry partnership if he was unselfish.

Harden = Curry
    Gordon = Thompson
    Anthony = Durant
    Harrell = Green

Could be interesting.

4. Rocket_ph

Rocket_ph Member

Tim Hardaway Jr is available for second round pick would be A nice pickup?

Nemospl likes this.
  5. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

After watching tonight warriors vs memphis game, a strong center is quite important. M Gasol and Randolph are quite offensive in the inner side. Zach Randolph is last year contract, this guy has good health record, he can grab rebounds and score 20 plus. Houston can think about to buy this guy

#885 elmotsangtt, Jan 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  6. Sanity2disChaos

Never

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

SLRokJok, James.B.H and Hakeemtheking like this.
  8. mario elie

mario elie Member

da_juice likes this.
  9. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep, he also already played (well) for MDA, but still, 12 million for the next 2/3 years (player option there too) for coming off the bench...i don't think it's a good move for us.

craguin likes this.
  10. Levi

Levi Member

Brewer + KJ + 2nd to the Hawks for Thabo Sefolosha and Tiago Splitter
    this could be a championship move

kwakmeister likes this.
  11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Splitter also played 40 games x season in his last 3 years (50, 50, 30), he's 32 years old coming off various injuries, let someone else have him...

vtjsr2 likes this.
  12. Levi

Levi Member

just for one year

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

4 months at this point...if you have to burn a 2nd rounder and KJ just do it for Bogut at this point, i don't even know if Splitter is nba material at this point...

14. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Yeah but I'm realistic and not stupid to think we will trade for millsap. So I scoured the market and tried to find a good match and inspected ancillary pieces we could acquire.

Just because the main prize goes to a different team, doesn't mean the rockets can't be winners and improve also.

15. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Brewer, KJ, a first and a second for Gallinari and Jameer Nelson

16. Bo6

Bo6 Member

we should trade for dirk.

17. Fantasma Negro

Jusuf Nurkic is available, 22 yr old 7ft-er that would be a perfect fit. I think he can be had for a 2nd

raining threes likes this.
  18. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

I've always liked the game of Kyle O'Quinn.

I read the Knicks were looking for defense on the wing, maybe KJ McDaniels would be enough to entice them.

BigMaloe and BigggReddd like this.
  19. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Totally worth it price wise. Wilson on this team would be the ideal combo foward,he's a very good help defender, proven in this system and would make the switching we do on defense even better.

He's one of the top guys I want to get on this team. Obviously, not including stars. He'd be a finisher I believe with Harden, Gordon and Ariza and either Bev, Anderson or a Capela/Nene.

20. DeathStar

DeathStar Member