1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official I AM SORRY Mike D'antoni Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets4lf, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I imagine that Coach's response to this thread would be something like this:

Snow Villiers and daywalker02 like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think this season they are on an alltime high and it might end up being something positive in the playoffs but for me a team has to string together 2 or 3 seasons of great basketball to be considered perennial contenders.

Great that MDA worked out well with Harden, Gordon and Co.

I think most of us were just frustrated after last year and are out of their minds now with bliss but stay rational.

We got to perform in the playoffs.

We still are coping with the problem that we do not have many picks and we have to think what comes next after Harden.

I am still not positive about us not having good draft options.

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  3. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

We our defense is going to be the worst defense in history. LOL yeah I owe him a huge apology.

4. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Its getting too sticky guys.We are O.K.

5. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I thought we were signing MDA for a throwaway season. I'm so glad I was very very wrong and am enjoying the team success. We should get the trifecta this year IMO. Harden MVP, Morey executive of the year, Dantoni coach of the year.

6. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Sure, I'll say it. When the hire was announced I posted the GIF of Delfino miming suicide. I was wrong.

D'Antoni has yet to prove himself in the playoffs, so I'm not lining up to kiss the ring. But he has done a great job reestablishing chemistry and identity after the most toxic year of both I've ever seen as a basketball fan. He comes up with incredible offensive actions to maximize Harden's ability to create and leverage the shooting we have, and while his defensive scheme is nothing special, he has motivated the players to work hard on defense, which if they can sustain it, will be enough to make them a dangerous playoff team, though not the favorites.

If you had told me in August the Rockets would have a 5 week stretch with a better record than the Warriors, Cavs, or Spurs, I would have slapped you for being a damn liar.

TracywtFacy likes this.
  7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I realize that "apologizing" too early is a mistake. Yes, things are great. I'm so stoked that the Rockets are doing amazing.

I have been colossally wrong multiple times over the years on things. I once said Yao was a bad pick because he would never amount to much because he would get injured in a few years and never average 17 & 8. I was laughably wrong about the latter but it did turn out that injuries ended his career early which was tragic because by that time I had grown to really love him as a player.

My point here is that until we get to the finals...nothing has been accomplished yet. We are a few injuries away from this magical season going south. I am just crossing my fingers no one gets hurt any more than we've had with Bev and Dmo.

9. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

[​IMG]

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I am impressed with his adjustments

Rocket River

11. thegreatdantoni

12. wink3

wink3 Member

I'm sorry, MDA.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm just glad that I was on board with the hire from day one......