1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Donatas gone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Dec 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Because it was not a 35m committment, it was a one year committment, with 3 consecutive TEAM options.

At the end of the day, this was DMo's call to not take the QO - so he cost himself 3.3m to become an UFA sooner.

Clearly he has issues with the Rockets and Morey in particular - as he was promised he would not be traded, and all the contracts were so that he could control that situation......but he needs to grow up here and realize this is a business, even Scola got over the hurt of being dumped, because his knees were allegedly too much of a risk....

At the end of the day, DMo had the choice, he chose his path, with crappy guidance from BJ....if he would have signed that QO, he would be playing 30mpg and averaging double digits and looking like a big deal coming in the offseason - now he has to HOPE he gets that in New Orleans....

Oh, well, he is NOT a Rocket any more - I will wish him well, but when he plays my team, not so much.

DD

2. dmoneybangbang

According to the contracts... we are right back where we started.

3. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

There is no evidence to support this. None. And nothing in Morey's past would ever suggest he would make such a promise. He refused to re-up Dragic specifically because of the no-trade ask.

This delusion and random spouting of 'facts' that are patently false is just amazing.

Louka and Tha_Dude like this.
  4. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

So technically, he cost himself at least 5 million because he didn't take the original 31M offer.

5. DaDakota

This has been reported that he was promised he would not be traded last year at the deadline and was really pissed off that he was traded.

Let's not apologize here, we know the truth, Morey will trade anyone, players know it, and Dmo should have known it.

Worse than that, because the original had a 2nd year guarantee date of March 1st - if he would have stuck to the original deal, even the low end match by Morey - he would have 5m in his pocket and playing now, either for the Rockets or the Nets.

DD

#985 DaDakota, Jan 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  6. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Are y'all ready for the #2 seed Houston Rockets to take on the #7 seed Pelicans?! :p

Good thing this has zero chance of happening or else it would get intense in the GARM.

7. DaDakota

Actually that could very well happen.

DD

hakeem94 and Snow Villiers like this.
  8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

four teams hovering around 8th seed and Pellies are one of them

Snow Villiers likes this.
  9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

BJ had DMo waited that long and now he's too eager to commit to the freaking Pelicans's minimum offer he didn't bother to get more teams to kick the tires?

10. DaDakota

This makes me think there was some sort of playing time guarantee......he knows this year is a lost cause it is about the next contract.

DD

11. supa

supa Contributing Member

Where was this reported?

12. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

I only remember him being pissed that the Pistons backed out. I remember him quoted saying that first round picks are valuable and he understood the trade. The Pistons backing out lowered his perceived value, and that is what had him upset.

13. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Close thread now??

15. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

this thread will live on in our hearts and memories forever

16. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

No disrespect... but What?

A) You never answered my question... What makes you believe he passed his physical? It would seem logical to me that everything looked fine... they told him to report the next dayy... then as they continued to review results found something of concern that led them to send him home the next morning...

B) Any "issues with the Rockets and Morey in particular.." MAY be true, but clearly means nothing - as he signed a new contract and showed up ready to work on Saturday....

If we're going to speculate... I'd guess the Rox found something funky in his blood work or urinalysis (hence DMo's remark about Rox playing 'piss test games')... They went to the NBA and said hey, we found this... can we tell the Nets?

I think homeboy is damaged goods... he knows it... his agent knows it... and by now everybody does (or suspects)... which is why he could only pull a 1 year min contract...

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Teams often demand "sign now" "take it or leave it" and to. cancel other meetings. But BJ knows his rights, and didn't exercise them this time.

Easy likes this.
  18. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Dmo and Jones reunited again. Crazy world we live in.

19. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Unless he plays so well, he gets a contract north of 10 million a year, BJ totally screwed him.

20. bongman

bongman Member

It's not about respect, its reputation. Nobody believes the boy who cried wolf.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.