1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cato at PF? Who's the backup center?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ottomaton, Oct 23, 2003.

Tags:
?

What would you do?

1. Amaechi can backup at center! No problem.

17 vote(s)
    22.4%
  2. Move Cato back to backup C or backup C/PF when MoT and/or Griffin return.

6 vote(s)
    7.9%
  3. Cato can start at PF and backup at center!

40 vote(s)
    52.6%
  4. Scan the waver wire. There are plenty of backup centers out there that will be cut

4 vote(s)
    5.3%
  5. Trade the leftovers (Griffin/MoT/Boki/Moochie) or the leftovers and a player (i.e. Cat) for a real P

9 vote(s)
    11.8%
  6. Something else (explain)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

#1:Given that the Rockets 3 preseason wins and argueably his three best games have occured when Cato started at PF:

and

#2: Given that starting Cato at PF leaves you with only Amaechi as a dedicated backup center:

what do you do?

2. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

When MoT returns, I can see him splitting minutes with Cato depending upon the matchups. If Eddie remains suspended or is traded, we're a little light on "bigs", but I think (barring major injury) Yao, MoT, Cato, and Amaechi can get it done as our core.

Worst case is bring back Pig or Braggs or Cornell or...? Anyone know when the EuroLeague Finals are played...late March? :)

3. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

I go with a 3 man rotation with Yao, Cato, and Taylor.

and when I take a look down the bench and see Toray Braggs and Ameachi sitting there I pray to God that my three main big men stay healthy.

4. cloudnine

cloudnine Contributing Member

C'mon now, it's PRESEASON. Although Cato and Ming on the floor at the same time has worked much better than I would have anticipated, he has played nobody all that special.
    I don't think Cato has the footspeed to hang with the better 4's in the west. I believe that he would not be able to stay out of foul trouble long enough to be effective.

Start Taylor and (barring a trade) hope that Eddie will pull his head out for oxygen.