1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden likes Rockets' togetherness: 'We had each other's backs'

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Dec 29, 2016.

1. T for 3

T for 3 Member

ya man. i never really bought into the "chemistry is ruined by one bad locker room guy" thing, but man the difference between this year and last year really proves that IMO

riko, threepointshot3 and Stormy1234 like this.
  2. threepointshot3

Sadly Dwight has a reputation now. Not 1 stop but 3 stops where things have ended pretty badly.Lets hope for sake he finally makes it work in Atlanta. The last few games he is averaging some big numbers on the boards.

ricardo1979, riko and T for 3 like this.
  3. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Ah, ok. I do remember Terry's interview now.

No way Capela was a big Dwight guy either....but...maybe DMo? T jones?

riko and Man like this.
  4. MistaK

MistaK Member

We can all only guess where the split was. My guess would be Harden had most of the team (Ariza - they have always been close; Brew - probably; Bev - most certainly; Terry - even after the season he only had positive things to say about Harden and not so much about Dwight; I'm guessing even Josh - even in the 14-15 season Josh seemed way closer with James than Dwight

Dwight probably had more of the young guys (KJ, Dekker, etc.)

and then we had the outcasts (Thornton, Lawson - who weren't here long enough, never seemed to fit right in and were put in a toxic environment to begin with)

No matter where the split was, one thing is clear, last year's team had some major issues. Many of us have said the main culprit here was Dwight others blamed (and some still do) James...I think it is pretty safe to say that Dwight was the main culprit. There were issues in Orlando, with the Lakers, with the Rockets and my guess is - soon enough in ATL (team meetings were already had)

All this talk about people having to put their egos aside...all it really meant was ''if I don't want to commit to playing the PnR, all you guys better accept that and feed me the ball in the post'' ..if that didn't happen enough, egos weren't put aside. The time the Rockets played their best ball, with Dwight on the roster, was during the 14-15 season. He missed half the season and before returning said, that he would do anything to fit right in and that he didn't want to disrupt the team's flow...coincidence?

Obviously this wasn't on Dwight only...anything from coaching (training camp/preseason fiasco), to implementing new players to a team where the main guys seemed to want to play different styles of basketball, to McHale losing the locker room and being fired early, to JB taking over, to Lawson having lost his ability to play ball, to Harden having to get into NBA-shape after his injury, etc...all these factors certainly contributed to what transpired last season.

I for one am happy that this team is playing with HEART again and I love seeing them having fun out there on the court.

5. BowlingBaller

BowlingBaller Member

Wait a minute James... how many tests have there been? Was this the first test or wasn't it? I've been upmost of the night trying to figure it out.

Os Trigonum and rolyat93 like this.
  6. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Yes, that was what I was wondering also, besides, is the test the same as turning the corner or it is a test of being on the same page?

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

the real test is playoffs

9. MystikArkitect

You don't have to wonder. Go look at the Hawks. Horford left, Millsap unhappy, identity gone.

At this point teams shouldn't take Dwight for free.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  10. alethios

alethios Member

Aaack! You were right :rolleyes:

11. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Harden jumped out his seat to help Eric up off the court

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

its like Clutchfans. We all got each others backs amiright

BigShasta likes this.
  13. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Signs point to a major split between star players. There's a reason one is gone and the other was given an extension this offseason. That's all the evidence I need really.

Credit to Harden, though. He has clearly taken it upon himself to make sure that doesn't happen again.

As far as this team goes, the first time I noticed a real difference in them was the GS game. They looked like a team with a chip on their shoulder, and they weren't backing down from anyone. The Mavs game just proved it to me.

riko, Hakeemtheking and Stormy1234 like this.
  14. photojoe

photojoe Member

Last year everyone was wondering why we were so bad and incohesive coming off of the season before with an almost similar roster as the team that went to the WCF. I remember after a lost game, Beverley was saying to the media something along the lines of "Not the same team" or "Not the same club" or something like that.

This year, even though we have a lot of the same players from last year's dumpster fire of a team, we are most definitely "not the same team"

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Risked getting a tech just to help EGO up. James Harden: 1st in assists.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  16. Man

Man Contributing Member

I think it might've been about Ty Lawson.

I wonder how much the improvement is related to Ryan Anderson and Eric Gordon relative to the new coaching staff. How much of it is related to Dwight, TJones, JSmoove, and Lawson? Quite an amazing turnaround. Still could benefit from adding a impactful big man and another wing player.

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

First Terry wasn't resigned, now we know why Brewer is on the way out.

#Hardenconspiracy

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Everything has a snowball effect, when you're beating everyone players have a tendency to be closer and more magnanimous which each other, because you go through trials and tribulations together and winning games makes everyone feel successful. OTH, if the rox were getting beat down by 20 pts every game the chemistry will tank and people will start blaming each other for the losses. If you remember the Rox team with Dwight, Harden, JSmith etc. also had good chemistry after they traded for Brewer and right when they beat up the Clips.

19. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

A shame because I really liked Dwight, even when he was in Orlando. I remember getting pissed everytime the NBA pundits were dogging him. But with homer glasses off now that he's come and gone even I can see it.

20. threepointshot3

Opreative word here is " team". Last season there was a discord that pretty much made it impossible to have a successful season. This season there is a goal and a collective bunch willing to play together.