1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What kind of mattress do you sleep on?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Brown Lost It, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

I know I want a queen size or a cali king size mattress and I don't want to spend more than $900.

I do not want a memory foam because they always go down and lose their firmness. The same with pillows, but bed bath has good ones that last a little longer for their price point.

Also, is Mattress Firm good?

2. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

We spent around $2k on our mattress a couple of years back. Money well spent, IMO. We bought a mid level Simmons Beauty Rest with the plush pillow top. For the past two years I've been miserable nearly every time that I've slept in a bed other than my own.

We bought from Mattress Firm.

3. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Is it he BR Black?

4. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Damn, buying a mattress is worse than buying a car. Too expensive and you can't test run because so many sink in. (6-3", 185)

5. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

We bought a bunch of foam mattresses from Tuft and Needle. The queen costs around $600 and you can test it out for 100 nights. If you don't like it, they'll refund your money as long as you provide proof that you donated it to a local charity.

There are a bunch of these internet based mattress companies with a similar return policy.

6. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I researched through sleep Sherpa for my guest bedroom mattress. I now have a $4000 mattress in the guest room thanks to this site. I went with the Winkbed, cost around $1200.00 for a king and I love it. Mix of inner spring and memory foam. Good firmness for my back but not too firm at all. You also get 100 free nights with free return if you do not like it. It's now in my master. Love it. Almost one year of ownership and its like brand new feeling.

https://www.sleepsherpa.com/best-mattresses-2016-sleep-sherpa/

http://www.winkbeds.com

7. droopy421

droopy421 Member

The cost of a queen and king vary greatly for the same style bed. It especially depends if you need box springs or not. I can give you some advice if you want to PM me. I work for Mattress Firm but can at least give you my two cents.

8. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

If you dont want to spend more than $1000, my suggestion is to go with a cheap Sam's Club Serta knock off for half the price. In a couple years, you can figure out what you want and have the money to buy a quality bed.

When it comes to beds, everyone is different.

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Message me. I'll hook you up best I can via Matt Firm. I sent you a message (started a new conversation).....

#9 Uprising, Dec 29, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  10. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Tried all kinds of beds. All price ranges. Best bed by far is sleep number. Doesn't sag. I need a firm bed and sleep number stays firm and is adjustable.

11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Queen Sized Space Age Foam Had it for 6 years and it's guaranteed to last at least 25 years. $500 was the purchase price.