1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas gone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Dec 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

omg T-Will, that whole thing triggers me to no end. CF thinks every scrub is a super star. I still remember people hated Adelman for that

Moleb and heypartner like this.
  2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Sucks to be Donatas rn

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I bet he's really glad that he and his agent "have their rights".

thaGREATwall and J.R. like this.
  5. nobie

nobie Member

I remember few years back, DMo told he wants to play for Lakers in some interview

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...lakers-audition-free-agent-donatas-motiejunas

The Los Angeles Lakers have auditioned free-agent big man Donatas Motiejunas within the past week, according to league sources.

Sources told ESPN that the Lakers brought Motiejunas in before Christmas to work out in front of the front office and coaching staff, but it remains unclear whether they'll go ahead with signing the former first-round pick.

The Lakers' frontcourt is a little thin after key reserve Larry Nance Jr. suffered a bone bruise in his left knee that's expected to sideline him for at least four weeks.

But sources said the Lakers are weighing whether there are enough minutes to go around, with the blossoming Julius Randle and Tarik Black playing the bulk of the frontcourt minutes while Nance is out.

Motiejunas became an unrestricted free agent after a protracted contract saga with the Houston Rockets that spanned more than five months. The 7-footer, while still a restricted free agent, signed a four-year offer sheet with the Brooklyn Nets in late November that was potentially worth up to $35 million. Houston matched the Nets' offer sheet but ripped up that deal; they then reworked some of the contract terms in a new four-year deal after Motiejunas refused to report for his physical.

The Rockets ultimately decided to surrender their rights to Motiejunas and make him an unrestricted free agent after the 26-year-old finally took his physical. The Rockets decided to sever their ties to Motiejunas after four seasons together following negotiations with the player's agent, B.J. Armstrong, and league officials.

The Rockets traded Motiejunas to the Detroit Pistons as part of a three-way deal last February, but the Pistons rescinded the trade after a physical revealed concerns about Motiejunas' back. The Lithuanian struggled in restricted free agency to attract much outside interest until the Rockets pulled their two-year offer starting in the $7 million to $8 million range on Nov. 22. Houston was only willing to guarantee the first season of its original two-year offer in a nod to Motiejunas' injury history.

Motiejunas ended up rejoining the Rockets and playing the rest of the season. He recorded a double-double (14 points and 13 rebounds) in Houston's only win over Golden State in the teams' first-round series in the spring.​

vator likes this.
  7. vator

vator Contributing Member

Wait...But I thought he had to wait for the NBPA to finish the "investigation" before he could sign with another team.

Seems I've been lied to...again. Where are your sources now?! Why have they forsaken us?!

8. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

While he wasn't our 15th guy, he also wasn't our 2nd string PF... let's not forget that he had a few good months only in 1 of the 4 seasons he was here; and even that season he ended up 2nd string to TJones....

His injuries mean he will never be what some dream he might have been. His DoFs will live in the world of what ifs, but the hard reality is that nobody seems to want him....

Stormy1234 likes this.
  9. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I remember that. I bet hes happy as hell right now. I mean who wouldnt want to play/live in los angeles though?

10. vator

vator Contributing Member

Honestly I'm happy with Harrell and Decker getting ALL the minutes DMo may have been given partially due to his 8 million dollar per year contract. He can do some things they can't, but they also bring things to the table that he can't duplicate either.

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

according to sauces

12. nobie

nobie Member

Its kinda interesting that there no real interest in him, considering he would be pretty good off the bench as go-to guy, similarly to Enes Kanter in Thunder.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I thought I read somewhere the Lakers could only offer a fraction of what DMo could have gotten with the Rockets.

14. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

This will be a great piece of advertising material for Discount Tire - This is EXACTLY how you should kick your damaged and useless tires and then decide to move on and come to our stores.

15. Nook

Nook Member

I wouldn't really want to live or play in Los Angeles.

The Lakers are 12-23 and they don't necessarily have a bright future.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

vator likes this.
  17. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

You never know, Jeanie is single again now, maybe that's Dmo's best chance to get a long term guaranteed contract.

hakeem94, Tha_Dude and Nook like this.
  18. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

I'd say the $31 mill the Rockets initially matched sounds better, don't you think DMo?

19. nobie

nobie Member

But what about his rights?

hakeem94 and vator like this.
  20. valorita

valorita Member

If Dmo goes with a prorated $2.89mil this year... He should sue BJ and the management group for gross mishandling of affairs.
    Thats less than the Rox QO, and much less guaranteed money.
    That plus uncertainty of rotation, new team, losing team etc.
    The real loser in all of this is Dmo.

vator and Easy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.