1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Suns @ Rockets 12/26/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 25, 2016.

1. threepointshot3

To the moron who said Bev is more valuable then james . Put Bev in Hardens place and lets see how many games this team will win. Hell there is probably no one outside of Lebron who could have carried this team to the 3rd spot in the west. You are a grade A moron.

2. dwert

dwert Member

Beverley is da real MVP. Harden pads his numbers only against weak competition.

3. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

LOL

Stormy1234 likes this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

spot on, Morey get Harden more shooters!

5. riko

riko Member

After a quick review glad I missed the shananigans of dwert in this thread cause dude went on a one man suicide crusade in this thread lol. Anyhow, after the floppers lost again we are now 2 games clear in the 3rd spot so it is happy days right about now.

justtxyank, BigShasta and hakeem94 like this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

sitting firmly in that No 3 seat
    2 GAMES SEPARATION BABY!
    [​IMG]

7. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

Your boy Russell Westbrook averages 5.5 TOV per game (only 1/2 off of loser harden) and takes crazy ass studid shots and hits 33% of his threes. Also I recall reading somewhere he' said like 5 of 25 in clutch situations or something like that. Your boy AD is so great that he's never led a single team to the playoffs in the west as a lead dog, even when he had Anderson and Gordon as his second bananas. They've never seen so many open looks. Even the cavs, when they play without Lebron, are .180 or something like that, without lebron even though they have Lurie and Kevin love. Neither of those guys got their teams to the playoffs as lead dogs. Harden has done so every time as the leader of the rockets, regardless of his surrounding cast. Even in the small sampling of good teams that you point to, at 20 PER he's still well above average. You're also forgetting the good teams are probably deliberately keying on him defensively with 1, 2 or 3 guy it's not crazy he has lower numbers in a relatively small sample. I don't believe this has historically been a problem.

The rockets have the same or better record than the clippers (and thunder btw), even though paul has Blake griffin, deandre Jordan and Reddick, all of whom would qualify as a second dog on the rockets (with the exception of Reddick is comparable to Gordon so those two might be equal). Put harden on that team over paul and the clippers would challenge the warriors for supremacy. Think replacing capela with Jordan and Anderson with griffin and how devastating their attack would be. Harden bends opposing defenses to him.

In any case harden's not perfect and we have to work out late fourth quarter situations or it will its us in the playoffs, but it's a third of the year when they've just gotten together this year. They have time to get better. Barring injury, I expect them to although certain teams are currently still better than us. In the meantime we're third in the west.

Perspective, please.

8. HookemHorns1250

Stop feeding the Bev is more important than Harden troll, we all know Bev is important and has his place but goodness.

Love the team and love the effort! If you would have told me the moment we signed MDA that our record would be'd be 23-9 through 32 games, especially with the rough schedule to start off with, I would have called you delusional. I've never been more happy to be so wrong.

Also, this was my first game missing so I apologize for the question, but I noticed that the only players in the - (+/-) stat were the garbage time players. How out of hand was this game? Goodness... sounds like we were close to being up 30 in 4th at some point.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  9. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Don't feed the troll!

Stormy1234 likes this.
  10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Brewer > Harden

End of discussion

11. vtjsr2

vtjsr2 Member

any update on pat?

Stormy1234 likes this.
  12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Thank You

Rocket River

13. toycannon

toycannon Member

PB is the bulldog on this team and we need his grit but Harden is hands down the alpha dog on the Rockets

Stormy1234 and justtxyank like this.
  14. OTMax

OTMax Member

Thanks for this! It's crazy actually how good Harden and this team is while clearly missing talent the other team has surrounded their alpha dogs with. Gordon is no slouch, but Beverley, Anderson and Capela are nowhere near Griffin & Jordan / Kyrie & Love. Harden would do even more wonders with those guys as his team mates.

Stormy1234 and justtxyank like this.
  15. toycannon

toycannon Member

Good bounce back win for us against the suns!! Time to beat down the Mavs!!

We just need to be in the top 4 slots by end of the season.

Remlap likes this.
  16. No Chill Rocket

Lol ..we all have a friend like you ... never watches a game, but stays reading ESPN headlines

17. vtjsr2

vtjsr2 Member

i think these troll posters are disguised Lin fans who are salty lin sucks and are trying to find other reasons why harden is an inferior player...

amiwrong LOFs?

18. riko

riko Member

I've come to the conclusion this guy is fishing for reactions cause no sane individual can be this outlandish or to be frank, STUPID!

Stormy1234 likes this.
  19. Remlap

Remlap Member

Give it a rest Dwert. It's aggravating to come here and see incessant whining
    ALWAYS trying to prove a point
    WE GET IT. YOU DON'T LIKE JAMES. MOVE ON

[​IMG]

#499 Remlap, Dec 27, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
    ramotadab likes this.
  20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Are we sure that dwert isn't actually the real Dwight Howard?

hakeem94, vtjsr2, Remlap and 3 others like this.