1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Suns @ Rockets 12/26/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You have proven nothing except that you are an immature little weasel who doesn't deserve to pollute this forum by draggin' your wet baby arse across the floor of the GARM. Go back to middle school and finish your education. Oh, and welcome to my ignore list. I'm done with you, dirt.

#441 Deckard, Dec 26, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
  2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Anyone think teams will hack-a-china just for lulz?

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. touring_low

touring_low Member

Just put that dwert guy on our ignore list,problem solved.
    Hes probably mad cuz dwert caught the L from the timberpups tonight.
    News flash dwert, ATL is so much better without him playing. So glad that cancer is gone.

Remlap, Patience and hakeem94 like this.
  4. dwert

dwert Member

PER against top 10 defense

AD : 26.2

Westbrook : 26.7

Harden : 20.8

Ignore, ignore.

5. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

6. dwert

dwert Member

Looks great against scrubs, but shoots below 50 TS% and has PER of 20.8 against top 10 defense.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Thanks. I love reading stuff like that from players and coaches about James, because it shows respect for his game, something he doesn't get enough of from so much of the media, and from certain quarters around here.

Htownballer38, Plowman and Stormy1234 like this.
  8. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Just people with a combination of low IQ and agendas.

D-rock, Deckard and Stormy1234 like this.
  9. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

I wasn't serious. Just saying that I wouldn't be surprised if that's what happened after Capela said he was ok then bam out almost 2 months a day later.

10. dwert

dwert Member

Would publicizing Harden's numbers against top 10 defense disqualify him as a legitimate MVP candidate? It very might.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

This 'dwert' troll is just terrible..... I hope he gets lost.

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

AD isn't the best example to use, because he plays a different position and his Pelicans are lottery bound. Harden vs Westbrook is a solid comparison here, but you have to keep in mind that Harden has played more games against top 10 defenses than Westbrook has and yet Harden is still shooting .498% (50%) against top 10 defenses. If you want to split hairs and claim that Harden is a sub 50% shooter then I think you're nitpicking that a bit much, but I'm sure you will offer up another meatball for me soon.

Htownballer38 likes this.
  15. dwert

dwert Member

Not just shooting, both AD and Westbrook has far better PER than Harden against top 10 defense. And Harden is not edging them out on defense either, so basically Harden is playing worse all around. The extent to which Harden's production and efficiency numbers drop against top competition should be deeply concerning for this team's playoffs prospect, unless you are a bona fide homer.

#455 dwert, Dec 26, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
  16. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

17. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

I didn't bring PER into this subject, but since you did I will go ahead and let you know that David Robinson, Charles Barkley, Karl Malone, even Kevin Durant all have a better PER than Hakeem Olajuwon does. But, does anyone really think those guys are better than Hakeem?

You're shifting the goal posts now though, dwert. After asking to present evidence, your evidence was found lacking so you change it to something else. What else do you have to entertain Clutchfans tonight?

Htownballer38, hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  18. ksny15

ksny15 Member

God please don't let Bev be seriously injured

Tha_Dude likes this.
  19. dwert

dwert Member

In what area is Harden doing better than AD and WB against top 10 defensive teams? TS% and PER pretty much covers all realms of offensive efficiency, are you saying Harden plays better defense? LOL

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. HighlightReel

HighlightReel Member

Top 10 defense lets AD feast while shutting down all his teammates. That's why his team won only a few games this year. Westbrook may have an observed ts% against top d just marginally better than Harden, but it's probably not statistically significant.

Harden is still a legitimate contender for MVP however you spin it, and to be fair, he's in a tight race with Westbrook. He's the MVP for the rockets and that's all I care.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.