1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thank You DMo!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Screw BJ. DMo was great. absorbed everything carroll dawson and Dream taught him. Like many rockets before him, his body couldn't hold up to the NBA.

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks for not messing with our rotation!

(Bro, you should have taken the qualifying offer... BJ screwed you over. 1 decent year of basketball for 4 million dollars, and you might have gotten a fat Mozgov deal. **** man...)

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

1000000% correct - oh well....time to move on.

GO Rockets!

DD

RudyTBag likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I guess, appreciated the way he went to the woods and tried to catch Dwert wolf. He wasn't slow.

5. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Even though you basically called it 100000% incorrect before. I understand it must be very hard figuring out how to hate on Morey when the team is playing so well. You must be twisting yourself into pretzels. Or just eating too many pretzels.

6. DaDakota

It is over, DMo should have taken the QO like I said all along, but once he went hardball Morey did the same - I don't like the way that Morey does business with some people, but he is relatively consistent.

Once the NBA stepped in, I knew that the 2nd contract that was negotiated would be tossed out for Basketball reasons.....it was a circumvention of the CBA - I am sure we will get he full story some day.

I personally would have kept DMo and would have negotiated this BEFORE the season - but Morey puts a price on folks and sticks to it.....and says PROVE It.....and BJ couldn't I don't like it, think it looks bad to players around the league but money talks....so I doubt it has any Signficant lasting effect.

At the end of the day, this methodology lost us a valauble piece for nothing - which sucks for the team, because we have no one to play center that can shoot from distance, but it is what it is, and we are 20-7, so got to enjoy that - let's hope it keeps up.

Go Rocks.

DD

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  7. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

do you have sense of what's the contract DMO side will demand at that time? I feel it should pretty big one, even after few months, I feel they are still not living with fact and have a sense of being mistreated.

8. DaDakota

I think DMo has a point, and does feel mistreated, and the way the Rockets conducted themselves clearly showed they REALLY didn't want him, or at least management didn't other than as a trade chip or something to flip.

I have no idea what kind of deal he will get, if I were his agent he would have signed the QO would be averaging 15pts for the Rockets right now and be set to get a major payday this offseason when the cap goes up.

So, I could see him looking for playing time now more than money...to set himself up for this offseason Free agency.

DD

9. wekko368

wekko368 Member

What's your point? I was responding to the guy who likened DMo to Jeff Adrien.

10. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

My point is this.

You really need to learn how to read before you response.

Some guy argued Dmo was playing very hard in the Rockets while he was here, so does Jeff Adrien, but this can be his (fans) excuse of b****ing for being cut?

And somehow you either failed to understand the above simple fact or just trying to get cute, you responded saying "Dmo was ONCE the second best player in a team that reached the WCF in one year", so does Andrew Bynum, and who will give a fork when Bynum was hurt and can't play anymore, did you find the Lakers sign him back?

Next time read before you will response.

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Him and BJ can bugger off

Caused me diarrhea during my international flight due to too much popcorn

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Interesting. Considering that you're missing the point and your reading comprehension is a bit off, this is amusingly ironic.

For instance, I didn't say DMo was once the second best player on a team that reached the WCF. That simply isn't true. He missed the entire playoffs that year so he wasn't part of the team that reached the WCF. I said DMo was the 2nd most important player on a #2 seed Rockets team. Do you see the difference?

The OP's point was that it's hard to hold a grudge against DMo b/c he was an integral part of one of our most exciting teams in recent history. Although that's not explicitly said, it's clearly implied. After all, if we were talking about a bench-warming role player, no one would care. That's why your Jeff Adrien analogy is flawed.

Furthermore, I'd wager that Laker fans think fondly of Andrew Bynum. After all, he was the starting center for two of their championship teams. When a player gives it his all and is an integral part of a successful team, the fans will forgive that player for his transgressions.

Case in point....when you think of Vernon Maxwell, do you think about him deserting the 1995 team? Or do you remember him for his contributions to the 1994 championship team?

13. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Clint hurt , let's sign him for vet min .

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It was only valuable at a certain price point
    DMo is not a valuable peice at Ryan Anderson money . . . hell Ryan Anderson may not be for Ryan Anderson Money

DMorey simply did not want to over pay
    He was in a position that he didn't have too

You set a precedent that you will overpay . . .and every player will bend you over

Rocket River

snowconeman22 likes this.
  15. elainas

elainas Member

16. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

BJ completely ****ed up Dmo's career. He wasn't confident in Dmo and his back so he wanted to try to get the biggest deal with the longest year so he can have a bigger commission since he had to be afraid Dmo couldn't perform well this year to have a big contract in the offseason. That's the only possible reason for what BJ advised Dmo to do. Dmo should have thought for himself and fired his agent. Imagine Dmo contributing on this Rockets, imagine the contract he could get? Not saying max like Barnes got in Dallas or Festus in Portland, but just as an example for a role player on a contending team.

Batman Jones likes this.
  17. DaDakota

While I agree BJ was a moron here, I don't believe DMo really REALLY trusted the Rockets and was looking for a way out, particularly after they only matched the minimum amount.

So, good luck to him.

DD

18. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

All that was after the QO deadline, so it shouldn't even gotten to that point. Morey holding firm on his offer is just business as Dmo couldn't get a signing sheet until BKN. Morey didn't have a problem paying the incentive though, he just wanted to leverage that to getting the contract guarantee date back but it's a moot point now.

19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

How a winning streak swept DMo off the first page. Looks like we're down to 2 DMo threads on the first page. That sticky one shouldn't count, but Clutch is just giving Bima much deserved credit for doing the cap breakdown/contract work.

Very impressive. Nothing about Dwight, DMo, Lin or Parsons. This is good. Even TMac is missing. So good. Winning is great. It fixes so many things, including the vibe on our internet home.

FANfrom86toNow likes this.
  20. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Saw DMOs profile on grinder earlier...swiped left

Batman Jones likes this.