1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Word of the Day: DANGEROUS

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Watching a game like this I cannot help but think this is the first time I felt this team was DANGEROUS

I want them to cultivate the reputation that no lead is safe.
    I think this is where they are heading.

I don't conclude that this is the end all be all of everything
    I mean they did not do it to the best of the best of the best (SIR!)
    But
    The fact that they fought to the end
    That they did not give up
    They fought through it .. . that means something
    This is Game 8 in LA against the Clippers

I want every team to think that THE ROCKETS ARE GOING TO DOG FIGHT YOU TO THE END!!

I am buzzed about this win for that reason
    Build this reputation
    Maybe get some Ref Respect but more important League Respect

This also presses teams into mistakes. . . 3 triples in a row and the enemy starts to nut up
    The Rockets are learning . .. . being tested. . . . .and still winning

Rocket River

2. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

Title contender is the right word lol

3. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

I want these Rockets to play every game like it's Game 8 vs the Clippers LMAO

4. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

That clippers series was some of the Greatest and most Resilient Basketball that I've witnessed- it was so flippin good- i cried.

Only to be followed by the shellacking from the historical golden champs in the WCF:eek: followed by their disappearance the very next season :eek::confused::oops:o_O

This year they are already making history in a good way. They are still getting acclimated to each other with a new coach & system. They can & must play a lot better if they want to play to their potential :cool:

#4 djperm, Dec 17, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
  5. topfive

topfive CF OG

I said in the game thread that this win reminded me of last year's regular-season Warriors team. No lead is safe. We can play like total **** for 3.75 quarters and still are lethal enough offensively to come back and snatch a victory.

Now if we can do this again versus a not-terrible team, that's saying something.

6. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Games like tonight breed confidence....I recall last year GSW had to win games like this as well as the year before...to win a game like this and how they won it with tired legs back to back etc is INSANE

7. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Games like this and the double OT in GSW show the Rockets teammates that they have each other's backs in the foxhole. When the games get down to the wire like that, that's really important.

8. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

What a difference a year makes! Last year this would have been a loss, this year we're like a team of honey badgers.
    [​IMG]