1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The Donatas Motiejunas Contract Examined

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BimaThug, Dec 9, 2016.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You can be almost sure that the Players Association is locked in on this case.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The window to report was 48 hours. He went on the inactive list Day 3. That appeared to me to be simple protocol for not rescinding the FREN, while keeping it active. I asked Larry Coon (last week before the new contract) the question whether placing him on the Inactive List could also be prelude to suspending him, and protocol by the league. He answered that this is all unprecedented, so "all bets [wrt him knowing for sure] are off", but he said Rox have more knowledge of the situation, so he agreed that given they were able to place him on the IL, then he was "deemed under contract."

Again, that was last week. But your question was about the Inactive List. As Bima commented, I don't think Morey made some roster mistake by placing DMo on Inactive List during the brief time he was a no-show from his 48hrs to report expired to the Friday signing of the new contract. Hell, he was probably thorough enough to call the league and ask about Roster Rules in situations of hold-outs.

da_juice likes this.
  3. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

Ah. Thanks for clearing that up. That most certainly would be a lie. Unfortunately, and I almost always wish the best to people, it doesn't look like Motiejunas will ever be truly healthy again.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No one has any idea if that were/is true. The Rockets doctors deemed Luis Scola's knees too much of a risk more than 4 years ago, and he is still in the league.

These doctors said Sean Elliot was too much of a risk and he won championships after that.

Carl Landry's knee suddenly needed a scan.....still going strong.

Tmac doesn't need microfracture.....(Well that might be true)....

The Rockets have a history of using doctors as a way of explaining away moves, but I think that is fairly common in the NBA across all franchises.

DD

5. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

Last I remember, Detroit's doctors rescinded that trade. The conclusion you made is quite a bit unfair to the organization.

amaru likes this.
  6. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

If DD is nothing else, he is consistent at attacking the organization.

7. steady

steady Member

I read somewhere that Nets are involved in talks that DMo and Rockets are having with league office. Would not surprise me as league office would not necessarily seem to need to get involved if issue were simply DMo failing a physical.

8. Vin2k2

Vin2k2 Member

I recall being torn when I heard about that trade. I was excited at the prospect of adding Elliott to our team, but was sad about losing Bob & Bull.

Of course, I am glad those doctors rescinded that trade in 94. If that doesn't happen, we miss out on our first championship, we miss out on the birth of Clutch City. We miss out on Glide and going Back 2 Back the following year. We'd probably be posting on a domain like Roxfans.net instead, and Clutch would be known as "Davey H" or "D-Hard".

I'll take our two championships over Elliott's one, lone lockout-shortened championship (and awful commentating) any day.

13 in 33 and Htownballer38 like this.
  9. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

SO WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON?!?! WHERE IN THE ****ING WORLD IS D-MO?!!!! IS HE PLAYING HERE OR NOT?!?!?! I AM SICK AND TIRED OF ALL THESE D-MO THREADS!!!! WHEN IN THE WORLD ARE WE GOING TO FIND OUT WHAT THE **** D-MO WILL BE DOING FOR US?!?!

Htownballer38 likes this.
  10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Dirty business, Yule C.

11. Nook

Nook Member

Sounds like my old girlfriend the first time we did anal.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Only dirty when that's what she says.

13. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

Nice job by Bima...but time to unsticky this and get on to forgetting NoMo ever existed!

Zacatecas likes this.
  14. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Yup, appreciate the effort but lock up this beyotch and unsticky in a hurry. The faster this leaves the first page the better.

15. DaDakota

Whelp, guess we can unsticky this....thanks Bima !

DD

16. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Maybe I should change the title to "Rockets Open Up $9 Million in 2017 Cap Room"???

Deuce, Astrodome, heypartner and 2 others like this.
  17. DaDakota

Was already open, team option in year 2, probably gone on draft night.

DD

18. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Oh, is that right? I didn't know that. TL;DR on the OP's article.

topfive and heypartner like this.
  19. Pete the Cheat

you should probably read the article...might learn something

20. No Chill Rocket