1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Dallas trade NW..zki for Yao ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by prlen, Oct 21, 2003.

1. prlen

prlen Member

As title!

2. Yun

Yun Member

They may but we WON"T.

3. prlen

prlen Member

NW+7'6 trade for yao
    Dala-yao,Nash,Finley,Jamison,Walker
    Dallas just might win the title this year ,and we get a top5 guy now.

4. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Dirk is a top 5 MVP caliber player. A pure stud.

Yao has a chance to be THE best player in the league in a few years IMO. I don't know if he will be a top 10 player this year but he will be the best center outside of Shaq this year.

I don't do it but I certainly would have to think about it just based on the type of player that Dirk is. I just think Yao Ming is going to be that Dominant.

5. munco

munco Member

We wouldn't do it, but they probably would. Dirk is one of the game's best, but we wouldn't trade Yao because of Yao's potential and what a big draw he is. Would Cleveland trade Lebron for anyone at this point? Dirk puts up better numbers, but we'd look like morons if Yao ends up being the best player in basketball. Too much of a risk. Similiar to the situation Cleveland was in with the #1 draft pick. They would never live down not picking Lebron if he became a superstar. Not to mention the salaries are way off at this point too.

6. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

yao can be dominant on both sides of the floor.

i wouldnt trade him for someone who has half of his game

7. Shot caller

Shot caller Member

Pure fantasy gming there, but...

Dirk is starting to have some serious problems with his wheels. I wouldn't trade a guy liek Yao for him right now.

Dirk is my favorite player outside of a Rockets uni, but I would have his ankles thuroghly checked out before making any kind of deal for him.

8. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

No they would not! bECAUSE THEY WOULDN'T WASTE THEIR TIME TRYING TO DO SO !

9. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I wouldn't trade Yao for Dirk. Even though Dirk's game is sick, Yao has the ability to dominate the game in a couple seasons. Cuban would probably do it, just because he love's big trades, plus that would probably be the missing piece for their team.

10. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

You need to understand (think) how much a great center is worth. They can dominate on both ends of the court.

The Dream is a good example. While I belive MJ was the greatest player ever, the 2 years we won championships Dream was without a doubt better than MJ was on any single year. The reason was because Dream contolled both ends of the court.

With Yao's size and skill set it looks like he will be able to do the same.

I would say that a great center (Yao) at this point is worth more than any one player in the game.

You also need to look at the longevity of a big man. When the quickness drops off some they can still play the game.

11. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

Yao is as untouchable as one can get!

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Hello no! JVG wants defense!

13. Bobliu

Bobliu Member

First of all, I do not think Yao will ever be developed into the best player of the NBA. With that said, you have to weigh the "relative" value of a player. In this league, you could easily find a few great players that are equal to or better than Nowitzki and play at the same position as Nowitzki plays, such as Duncun, Garnett, Webber, Brand, Wallace, or Molone. Besides that, you have a bunch of young players that could potentially be equal to or better than Nowitzki. However, except Shaq you do not see any centers that are better than Yao? Can you name any young players that are potentially equal or better than Yao? Chances are you needed to think really hard and still came up short. That menas, relatively, Yao has much higher value.

If the Dallas porposed (they would not) such a dumb trade, the Rox would not even bather to respond ...

14. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

I would trade Yao for Duncan...that's it

Anything else would be rape! lol

15. MemphisX

MemphisX Contributing Member

lol...why even start this thread. Rocket fans wouldn't trade Yao for Duncan because someday Yao might be the greatest player ever to play basketball.:rolleyes:

16. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Players I would trade Yao for:

Duncan
    McGrady
    Kobe (if he's innocent)

17. pchan

pchan Member

as a friend of basketball, I would love to see this trade happen... Yao with a true point guard in nash.. and jamison and walker in the frontline.. or jamison and fortson..
    it will be fun to watch.

But I don't think they will do it, nowitzki still young and have been improving every year he has been in the league. Yao right now is still living under that big word "potential".

18. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Dream is my favorite player, but watch the videos from the Bulls championship years. Jordan did dominate defensively (witness the Sonics 96 series) and he was way more of a prolific scorer than Dream (exceptions being the Spurs series in 95).

19. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Yao Ming might be the best basketball player on the planet in a few years. That has been said be a lot more than just Rockets fans.

And who does Memphis have to match up against Yao Ming? Hmmmm. No one of course.

20. dbigfeet

dbigfeet Member

yeah that would happen the same day Shag is traded forYao or Kobe for Mcgrady....or Jordan for Drexler......barkley for Malone.....Bird for magic.....Dr J for Iceman Gervin....