1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] Westworld on HBO

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tehG l i d e, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

i laughed so damn hard at that part

Rocket River likes this.
  2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I doubt the writers even know if Ford will be back next season. It's all up to what Hopkins wants to do and how much the show is willing to pay him. I hope he's back because Ford was the best part about season 1. I found Dolores, Maeve, and MIB annoying one way or another. I didn't care as much for the stuff that was going on inside the park. Ford/Bernard/the Board was a much more intriguing story line.

RudyTBag likes this.
  3. likestohypeguy

That was so awesome, my favorite- along with when logan, watching the descent, and william started doing facial expressions and body language kind of like his character from always sunny, the insane calm, "hmmm, oh yeah, nevermind" sequence. THen when the bandits discovered fully automatic weapons.

This series barely hooked me in the beginning, and ended up really anticipating the finale.

Rodman23 likes this.
  4. Rox11

Rox11 Member

What i got from the William scene being attacked by those hosts in the end was that he finally got what he was looking for, he explained to Ford that he was looking for the maze to ultimately have hosts be alive and be able to fight back freely? That's why he was smiling at the end there?....

macho GRANDE and Yaosthirdleg like this.
  5. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

In one of the articles in an earlier page of this thread the writers said they delayed the production of the series to write out the story for about 5 seasons. Before I read that article I thought this was going to be a mini series. I didn't think they could have this go on for much more than about 7 or 8 episodes but I do hope they have a clear path to their end.

6. likestohypeguy

If I had watched all the episodes at once, I might have had a chance of putting that together for myself.

I remember thinking how awkward the handshake was when I watched it, but no way was I remembering that conversation however many episodes back to link them.

7. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I liked William, and Logan aka Prince Casspian was also ok in his prick way.

[​IMG]

#628 daywalker02, Dec 9, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  9. PhiSlammaJamma

I actually had no idea that Future World existed. Damn. Now I gotta go watch that. Think Abrams and Nolan are well know for taking something already established and then fusing with popular culture to make it genius, intelligent, modern and mystic. So it would not surprise me at all if they follow the Future World script closely. That is what they do. And they do it well. When Creighton tried to write the followup to Jurassic Park he didn't want to do it, struggled, and I think that showed. So I doubted they would follow the Lost World plotline as Crieighton didn't even want to do it. Although it is ironic that in that plotline he brought Ian back from the dead. I gotta believe their script will be based on the movie Future World as noted in the video. Will watch tonight. But I would also pay attention to the hot role playing video games that just came out as that is a major influence of Abrams and probably the plot.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

Of note, the battle music for Final Fantasy XV is basically the theme music for WestWorld. What's weird about that is that the rest of the music in the game is more or less crap. But love the battle music.

daywalker02 likes this.
  11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

13. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I just finished season 1....

Wow. What a great show. The story is immersive and thought provoking. Kinda guessed Arnold/Bernard connection but not the William/Man in Black connection. 2 great twists. I love non-linear stories, the time jumps kind of shroud the end but they also have like, idk reality jumps? Dreams or real world or west world....can’t wait to see season 2

14. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Unexpected. I thought the series was over. That was an intriguing trailer.

15. PhiSlammaJamma

Trailer was good. No idea where they are headed but they needed to get out of the chaos of the current world for a while, so this seems like a good direction to go to connect to either the origin story or the future world. Liked.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I pretty much hated Season 2, but that trailer has me intrigued enough to give Season 3 a shot

arkoe and daywalker02 like this.
  17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yup. I was super stoked for season 2. Blah

18. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I think they’ve outlined the show for about 5 seasons? Can’t recall.

19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Total opposite for me. LOVED season 2. Nearly gave up after season 1, which was a huge drag

20. likestohypeguy

I've only seen s1, loved it.

Guess I'll wait for s3 to finish, get HBO for a month, and catch up on this & the latest season of Game of Thrones. Will have to watch a recap, been too long though.