1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do you want the Rockets to do in regards to Donatas Motiejunas?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Dec 6, 2016.

?

What do you want the Rockets to do in regards to Donatas Motiejunas?

1. Hold him hostage and fine him until he plays.

81.2%
  2. Release him/renounce his rights

9.6%
  3. Make him RFA again

9.2%
  1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I gotta say ; this is the most entertaining clutchfans has been in a long time

2. Hui

Hui Member

If you sign a contract read the terms and the conditions plain simple. Rockets have done nothing wrong here! We lost B Brown and now we no letting D-Mo get away without any returns.

3. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Amendment to my answer based on the latest news: if including a copy of Brooklyn's bonus incentives on the contract will get him on the team, I would do it. I said the contract was team-friendly before I knew it could be had for even cheaper, and I still maintain the richest version of it is team-friendly.

However, I won't complain too loud if the Rockets don't, since they are not currently hurting for minutes to hand out to qualified big men.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Right. I haven't got anything done at work today. DMo and BJ ought to pay my company the damage.

Rokman and DonKnock like this.
  5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

definitely new sig material.

BigShasta likes this.
  6. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

It seems that he doesn't want to join the team anymore. Thus, I don't wan't anymo of DMo.

7. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

There's ten threads, all talking about more or less the same ****... My mind is melting trying to follow it all.

DonKnock and J.R. like this.
  8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Everyone's mind is melting . It's hysterical

9. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

It's crazy . If you look at the bottom of the home bbs there are the top liked posters for the week . Normally the numbers are in the low 100's . This week the lowest is like 200 . People be at their wits end right now trying to figure out what's happening.

Dmo not showing up for the physical is just so unexpected

10. majicdonjuan

majicdonjuan Member

In my opinion, they should match the Nets contract fully, including all incentives and hope he accepts.

If he doesn't, they should fine him the maximum amount possible until he reports, and let him know in advance thats how they intend to handle the situation should he choose not to report. Armstrong handled this horribly, but if he ends up getting the same incentives thats all he can ask for.

If he plays well this year then he can be traded next year. If he plays like crap he still makes more than he would have on a QO and if we cut him he's an unrestricted free agent and we don't lose anything. Neither does he.

I don't see how players would blame the Rockets for this course of action - but the key is restoring the Nets bonuses.

#90 majicdonjuan, Dec 6, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
    apollo33 and Kiddsir like this.
  11. Ranny

Ranny Member

We definitely need to play hardball on this one. The rules are the rules, he is a player that has value and the rules are in our favor, there is no reason why we should end up losing a the rights of a valuable player for nothing. His agent should be begging the nets to propose a trade to us, and we have them by the balls. I am a Rockets fan, not a DMO fan, i want the best for my team so thats what i care about and if he doesnt want to be here that is fine, but we need to get something in return because it is our right.

Why not?, Hui and majicdonjuan like this.
  12. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

I honestly think the NBA and NBA Players Association should some how intervene. Not to be a Nazi, but a precedent needs to be made. If you're a RFA, sign a contract per the terms, and that contact is matched, you need to honor the contract. I believe in free speech, but I'm against manipulation of these rules

I also believe BJ should be revoked his allowance to represent NBA players. He's ruining his client in this instance. DMo's value has had to diminish the minute he no showed for the physical. He's also manipulating a process that has been honored by hundreds of players before

kevtse likes this.
  13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Apparently ESPN said that by Morey requiring a physical - DMo can refuse and by March the deal would expire and he would become a RFA again......

DD

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I want them both locked up in a room tied to the floor and Keith Jones and Daryl Muary take turns using their 300 lb frames to jump on these two idiots BJ and Dmo

J.R., snowconeman22 and BigShasta like this.
  15. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

@heypartner @BimaThug

Resident experts and Twitter connection masters I got a question .

Is there a maximum fine a team can asses a player ?

It seems to me if we waive the physical and he still doesn't report then we can fine ; but I don't know if we can fine him right now . If my understanding is correct then the most we can do while he refuses to report for a physical is hold him hostage but not actually fine him .

If we waived the physical so we could fine him I doubt it would be smart on our part.

First Dmo is guaranteed 5 mil by the contract . The earliest out we have is January , would we take it ? I doubt we could fine him 5 mil by January as I would assume there is a maximum daily fine a team can have .

Secondly any fines assessed on Dmo would surely involve the players union and a protracted solution . It is probably more mess than we want to deal with .

I really have no clue what's going to happen but it seems that Dmo and BJ don't have a lot of say but to either submit to the physical or wait until March .

As much consternation as his whole ordeal has caused it is certainly interesting to try and wrap ones head around

Kiddsir and DonKnock like this.
  16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The sooner this is done with, the better. I say release him and let him find a new team.

chandlerbang21 likes this.
  17. chandlerbang21

He is only available and valuable to people here. He doesn't want to be here so why force it? There's no area in the rotation for him with Decker playing the power forward spot and his lack of shooting and rebounding hurts him

18. Rokman

Rokman Member

Who the hell would want him after he refused a physical after getting the deal he wanted. He is basically screaming at the top of his lungs "I'm Damaged Goods!!"

Dumbasses.

napalm06 and ksny15 like this.
  19. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

No matter what we do, I hope it does not involve waiving the physical in any capacity. I believe this is what they want us to do

20. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

He clearly doesn't want to play for the Rox. Sign him and trade him, MN should be looking for front line help

When is the first day the Rox could do a trade for him. Dec. 15?