1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nets considering DMo offer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikeyharris, Dec 1, 2016.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

2. craguin

craguin Member

TMac'n, malakas and Vivi like this.
  3. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Curious as well!

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

You have to think right now MDA is on the phone with Le$ saying "Les, we need to match D.Mo, i need him"...Les "how much i have to pay" ...MDA: "just 9x"...Les "telling Daryl to match right now" lol

If healty he would at least be an upgrade over Nene tbh, and again, if healty this contract is basically a steal.

5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Lmao easy match . I dunno why it took the Nets so long to offer this ; it's an obvious match even if we can't trade him this year . Next year he becomes an expiring contract and in a year where the cap won't increase significantly ( summer 2018) an expiring contract is a nice asset .

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

So, two non guaranteed years and we can still trade him next summer...well, i'd match it in a heartbeat.

topfive and craguin like this.
  7. anchel

anchel Member

I think it's a match, once we've heard from Morey that they wanted him back, he already was assuming there that they could not trade him for a year no matter what contract Dmo signed with Nets. So.

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

Ah. I read that you can't trade a matched RFA for a year, but evidently that's without consent.

If he's really tradable next summer, I can't imagine Morey not matching. Assuming he's actually healthy, of course.

Vivi and craguin like this.
  9. Lightsnowaction

Man, that contract is good value is D-Mo id good this year. But I want that cap space next summer to get that 2nd star with Harden so much.

10. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Yeah you have to believe D-Mo would accept a trade somewhere to be a starter, if it comes to that.

FANfrom86toNow likes this.
  11. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

Glad to know that they CAN trade him by then, but ONLY with his consent. So I think Morey matches. If DMo becomes a malcontent, he's a good trade piece. If he accepts his role, it's a good contract for us. I think we MATCH.

craguin likes this.
  12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, it will basicaly be an expiring contract from next summer...

13. Tha TC

Tha TC Member

Yule C

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lol watch us match and trade him to Detroit

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Guys, let's keep reposting this every page, since basketballholic made us listen to this nonsense for 5 months.

The "Yule C this reposted again and again" Campaign

FANfrom86toNow likes this.
  16. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

So the next thread will be "Now that DMo is back, how much better are we?".

17. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I hope we match and get him back. Only two years guaranteed for under $10M. If healthy, he could be very good injury insurance and is much more useful than Nene.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Would like to know just what the salary is for year 1 and year 2 (last 2 years team option, I'm assuming). If the first year is about $8 million, and he's healthy, we should match the deal. Whether he's healthy or not is the key, of course. The Rocks should MRI his entire body as a start, and then require a closer examination by a host of top doctors in Houston. I hate getting an MRI and have had several. In my humble opinion, Donuts deserves the discomfiture from a thorough examination (anal probes!) for putting us all through the pain of this long, drawn out process. Argh!

topfive likes this.
  19. topfive

topfive CF OG

So if that $37M is spread evenly across the 4 years, we end up paying Dmo around $7M for this season, prorated.

20. malakas

malakas Member

You can't trade him to the team that offered the offersheet and to the others with his consent.

edit : pretty sure that the cba says that team option can only be ONE year not multiple. But it can be unguaranteed or partially guaranteed.

craguin likes this.