1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets hoping to keep Donatas Motiejunas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 23, 2016.

1. OTMax

OTMax Member

So Anderson bad, but D-Mo good? Right...

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Oh well DMO, it was nice while it lasted.

My fondest DMo memory

"If you're scared of wolves, don't go to the woods"

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rockets will match...

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Still believe that? DMo is a better overall player. Anderson is a better shooter, DMo is better at everything else.

We paid $20m to a guy that is not as good as the PF on our roster, forcing us to lowball offer DMo - this is bad asset management 101.

DD

jump shooter likes this.
  5. hakeemthagreat

Lmaoooooooo. DMo had one half of a good season while Anderson has averaged 17pts while being one of the best stretch 4's in the NBA. You DMo fans are about as delusional as Lin fans were

6. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

DD... try to get it together. Morey disagrees with you. He's not stupid.

Also, Donuts had/has a bad back, which significantly increases the risk in a deal and significantly lowers his value.

jump shooter likes this.
  7. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Completely false. Anderson is a better shooter, scorer, and free throw shooter with a very underrated post game. He has also been consistently productive on the offensive end. D-Mo on the other hand has only had one "good" but incomplete season and the only areas where we can say he is better would be the post game and defense.

8. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Typing the same thing over-and-over-and-over may make BS true if you're a Republican, but sports fans are smarter.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Just move on already.

10. hvic

hvic Member

I feel like they will pass

11. battousai

battousai Member

DMO has the potential, people need to wake up and smell the coffee. He could be a wonderful asset to the ROX, if he has no bad issue and if he plays up to his potential.

At this pt his risk outweighs the potential.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

"D-Mo my main PF."

13. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Potential is unrealized/unachieved talent. :p

14. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

good at least we are getting some update, better than nothing

15. DaDakota

I never said he was stupid, but that doesn't mean he is right here. I don't blindly give loyalty or credence to anyone. Morey has some hits - Harden, and some misses, Lawson, T. Williams - and his drafts are mediocre.

So, IMO, and that is what we are talking about here, DMo is more versatile and a better overall player than Anderson, whom by the way has had pretty much the same back surgery as DMO....just in his neck area....yet we still overpaid a Matt Bullard clone anyway.

So, for me, it would be better to have BOTH Dmo and Anderson, makes the team better, a pick like Detroits 18th which he tried to trade DMo for (stupidly IMO) would have been YEARS away from being as good as DMO - pushing us further down the road (can kickin anyone) in Harden's window...

I don't see a concrete build here, I see a shady foundation and a guy at the craps table hoping to get lucky.

DD

16. simon_!

simon_! Member

only thing i remeber about dmo is that he spent a lot of time on the floor. he should have his own gravity field with his size, and not to be tossed around by smaller players like he did.

17. opticon

opticon Member

If Harden still feels that Dmo is needed on this team he will get matched.

MDA said early on that by December the Dmo hold out would not matter.

I think the real reason this taking so long is that teams were not willing to present an offer letter that BJ and team thought was good enough. We are two months away from being at the half way point of the season. It is officially nut cutting time which is why we have seen two rumors in two days.

Dmo is getting cranky.

18. DaDakota

Boom boom, DEFENSE...BOOM BOOM, DEFENSE!!

DMo is a better all around player - Anderson is a better shooter, and is slower than dirt.

Which is why he has to shoot 3 feet behind the 3pt line because he is too slow to get it off on the line...and an easy cover.

DD

19. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

Donatas is a good player, but not better than Ryan Anderson. Stop the silliness.

20. DaDakota

In your opinion, mine is that Dmo is a better overall player - Ryan the better shooter, Dmo the better everything else.

DD