1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nets considering DMo offer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikeyharris, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Sometimes, I feel like its to easy for you Bobby. :D

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  2. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

You gotta assume that if the Nets offer isn't built like the poison pill contract Chandler Parsons received from Marc Cuban and the Mavericks then the Rockets will match. If its a reasonable contract I know I would match and bring DMO back in the fold.

3. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Which I am sure Morey intended to do all along, just like with Lowry. Morey's whole thing is "Hey, this is what we are offering for you. If you don't like it, find a better offer and if it's reasonable, we will match it."

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. Vivid

Vivid Member

I member!

Member "fool's gold?"
    Member Bouncy Whales?
    Member the Squid was a triple double machine?
    Member the Greek Tmac?
    Member Scolandry?
    Member Josh Smith against the Clippers?
    Member Yao's "try and f'in stop me?"
    Member Turbo?

Oh... I member...

6. battousai

battousai Member

The bottomline is, is he capable of playing with his physcial condition. The back issue worries me and I doubt if he is healthy as he claimed he is, we would be in this situation. There has got to be some longterm uncertainty with his back.

Nets may just offer him 10 mils per year for 2 yrs, plus the details of the contract may have him paid per game/practice only. He's an international player so I dont know he is subject to any of the collectible bargaining deals.

7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I group him in the Great White Hope era with Matt Maloney and Bryce Drew

8. steddinotayto

Those last 4 memories should never be in the same category as the Bring Back DMo Movement of 2016

MorningZippo likes this.
  9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's why it would make no sense for the Rockets to not match unless it was 12 mil or more.

11. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

10M I feel like DM would match. Anything more than that, I wouldn't personally, but that's just me.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  12. finsraider

finsraider Member

My guess....3 years, $30 million ($10 per) with a 15% trade kicker and a player option 3rd year.

Bigger question in my mind....let's say the Rockets match. Do you make a run at Cousins now that you have another 4 that can stretch the D?

Capela
    Anderson
    McDaniels
    Rights to Gentile
    2017 1st

Harden / Gordon
    Beverley / Gordon
    Ariza / Dekker
    DMo / Dekker
    Cousins / Harrell / Nene

I absolutely love Capela. He's a perfect fit for what we are trying to do. But his value is sky high right now and he has his limitations. Also, I believe Harrell needs minutes and can give us a lot of what Capela provides on the offensive end....aggressive screens and attacking the rim.

Anderson and Gentile are interesting names because Sacramento has been after both of them.

We're actually a great fit to close a trade with Sacramento. We don't have the high picks they are probably looking for, but Capela is as valuable as any young player that could be on the market right now.

I hang up the phone if they ask for Dekker.

basketballholic and Vivi like this.
  13. Vivid

Vivid Member

Well that's why I broke it up between bad/lackluster memories and things that we've grown nostalgic about. The good moments didn't always end well, the bad moments weren't always terrible. Rocket fans can multi-task. Let's enjoy the good things too, even while discussing DMO. He was a brash young player that showed glimpses of legitimate rotational talent. Without including this season, he has technically worn a Rockets jersey longer than anyone in the starting line-up (or the entire roster for that matter). Fans don't always have to like the most productive players or the players with the best valued contracts. Some fans want to root for a guy that once said that if Dwight wants to defend him, he'd have to catch him first.

hakeem94 and steddinotayto like this.
  14. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I hesitantly agree, but wouldn't it cripple us a little as far as being able to extend players next season? Not a capologist, asking out of curiosity more than anything.

15. steddinotayto

I don't think Dekker should/could/would be the deciding factor in trading for Cousins.

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder what sort of trade discussions will be had with Brooklyn. Not much to love on their roster. Do they have picks? ;)

Matt78777 likes this.
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Who is there to extend? As far as I know, no one that matters is about to be a FA this offseason

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  18. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

The Nets can't possible wait until december 15? If they did, more players on their roster would become trade eligible....scola, lin, joe harris, trevor booker, foye, justin hamilton, anthony bennett...

19. Garner

Garner Member

This is a poo poo platter if I've ever seen one.

You honestly believe that is the best the Kings could do for Cousins?

malakas, J.R. and RudyTBag like this.
  20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can't imagine the Rockets wanting anything to do with that. Maybe they agree to take Brewer off our hands and into their cap space? I can dream can't I?

Matt78777 likes this.