1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Start Tom Savage

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Air Langhi, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

Houston fans always blame the owners for bad signings, without any evidence. It's pure trailer-parkdom..

mario_v likes this.
  2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I don't blame the owner for the signings, but I blame him for taking a back seat to the franchise at the absolute wrong times and taking the front seat when he shouldn't.

The whole not speaking out on the horrible officiating being exhibit A. Potentially (with little evidence) ruling out drafting a player because of his last name being exhibit B.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  3. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

At some point he has to realize where the fault lies and act on it.. until then, I do blame him.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Arm strength looked good at least........ and to be fair, I don't think he is overthrowing Fuller no matter how hard he tries. But none of that looks like the answer either. What if all of our blame-throwing speculation is wrong and BOB is keeping Osweiler out there because he is the better QB?! then we are really in trouble.

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Didn't you see this earlier Youtube clips!!!!?!?!?!?! Savage is the ANSWER

In all seriousness, Brock isn't good. Savage deserves a shot. I don't think he'll be good either. But at least then we'all know definitively there are still no good QBs anywhere on the roster. And we'all also feel better about saying B'Ob sucks as well!

Yaosthirdleg and vinsensual like this.
  7. Wolverrines

Wolverrines Member

I blame the owner for bad signing and there is evidence of in both the Ed Read and Brock signing. I also blame for all other bad signing and draft picks since 2012 that year Smith should have been fired.
    I'd rather have the owner take a back seat and let football people deal with football stuff. Only to appear when the team is in need of change

8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I wish the Texans were more Savage at the qb position... ha... ha... ha...

9. Tdogg

Tdogg Member

With the poor play of Brock, you can't help but think that Savage deserves a chance to show he has a better handle of the current offense. Savage has been in the system longer and would seem to have a better grasp than Brock at this time.

I would like for them to put Savage in and have it be like the time the Texans finally put Mallet in for Fitz, when Fitz was making a bunch of mistakes. Then Fitz saw the cadence and rhythm Mallet had within the offense and in some way it seemed to "click" for Fitz by the time they brought him back into the offense.

10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm so disgusted with the decision to keep Brock as starter. What's the point other than to throw any chance we had at playoffs away. No hope, no confidence, and no satisfaction left in me. It's actually more depressing than last year, and much more embarrassing to look so pathetic on offense. What do we have to look forward to? Ugly wins? I sure miss the old days of the run and shoot. It's been years!!!!!!! Ah, to just see those Fab Four one more time would be pure joy.

Vanilla Thunder and Yaosthirdleg like this.
  11. Tdogg

Tdogg Member

Totally agree Deb. I would give anything to see our old Run and Shoot Oiler Offense.
    Drew Hill, Curtis Duncan, Ernest Givins, and Haywood Jeffires

[​IMG]

Rocket River and Yaosthirdleg like this.
  12. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

Why is he the "tiebreaker" when it comes to football decisions when Rick and BOB disagree? Scary.

13. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

We should resign Mallet

14. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Thanks for the pic. Now that was a fun offense to watch!!!!! I was hoping for so much more of this type of enjoyment this year with our new quarterback and the addition of more speed.

15. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

He'd probably miss the plane, oversleep, have a flat tire, or his dog would have eaten his missing playbook.

16. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bring on, Savage. It's time.

17. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Agree 1000%!

18. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I think Savage will be terrible but might as well put him out there to make sure.

19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Those guys look so small back then, and it isn't even that long ago. I think highschoolers today are bigger.

20. Buck Turgidson

If those teams had CJ Fido and Jay Prosch, they beat Buffalo and play Dallas in the SB.