1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Capela Has Made Dwight Obsolete

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonKnock, Mar 31, 2016.

Tags:
  1. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Fellas when I say mentioned with those guys I don't mean he'll be on towns or embiid level. I'm just saying he's one of the top 4-5 center prospects currently in the NBA.

To me as long as he adds 15-20 more pounds without losing his athleticism. He'll be a 20/10 guy simply by playing in this system and with harden who's known for making centers look good who roll to the hoop. (Asik looked like a top 8 center his one year with harden)

I think Capela is a much better prospect than Adams and nerlens Noel. And TBH in the way the NBA ia going and if he keeps playing like this. I think he might be a better prospect than Gobert.

Clint has something that not many if any centers have. He's extreamly fast. He might be the fastest center running from one end to the other. He's also a very quick jumper he's a pogo stick.

He's a very intriguing prospect and easily our best trade asset behind harden.

We can acquire another star imo in a trade centered around Capela, it just depends on who because he's a very important part of what we're doing.

2. Chamillionaire

Good point. Not saying he won't improve because I think he will. He's still got a long ways to go.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Dwight will be missed in the playoffs, and in playoff type games during the regular season. It's good to see the chemistry between Harden and Capela. It's too bad H and H didn't flourish together.

4. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

When Dwight had accepted to play the pick and roll in the successful 2014-2015 season they looked great together. The problems started when Dwight wanted to be the main man but did not have the required skill to do so.His passive aggressive attitude started wearing thin on his teammates

RudyTBag, Chamillionaire and Drogba like this.
  5. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Everyone said that for the beginning of the year and we haven't missed him yet so I doubt it changes in the playoffs. I also doubt Morey goes into the PO with this exact squad, I'm sure they are looking at some bigs to trade for such as Tyson Chandler or MAYBE Noel, players that won't be too expensive and can run the P&R

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I feel that Morey will look to add another power forward/center to replace D-Mo, and to augment Capela/Nene.

PhiSlamma15 likes this.
  7. vator

vator Contributing Member

Hawks blown out in 4 of last 5 games. Obviously it's not all on Dwight, but his days as a true game changing/elite player are behind him. He can't carry a team. Frankly he can't even be your 2nd best player if you want to compete for a title at this point. He is too limited.

8. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

The Dream got his finger prints all over Capela's game right now...you can see it on the court...his confidence is growing

RudyTBag likes this.
  9. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

I hope they don't trade this guy.

10. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Tarik Black has made Dwight obsolete.

-Lakers Fans

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Another game where Dwight shots more than he usually does and the Hawks lost the game...would be cool to know how many shots Dwight got in their wins and in their losses, i wouldn't be shocked if they are like 2-6 when he shots more than 10 times and 8-1 when he shots less than 10.

12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Have to give the Swiss Army knife a ton of credit...Capela is an intelligent kid that is understanding how to score around the rim. I have to say...I wasnt sold on his stock at the start of the season, but it is very clear the kid has been working on his game...ALOT. Man if he finds a jumper...:p

RudyTBag likes this.
  13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

*Yawn*

Another big game.

14. tc0330

tc0330 Member

I was thinkin the same damn thing

DonKnock and PhiSlamma15 like this.
  15. Vivi

Vivi Member

The guy is just 22 and in his second year in the league, i mean, the fact that he's was going to take Dwight's place obviously put huge expectations on him, way too much for some people imo, and i just don't understand why...i mean, i get that we were used to have a top center until some months ago, but we should've just faced the reality that Clint is just a kid drafted at the 28th pick, starting in his second year in the nba, and you just cannot have all those expectations on a guy like him...the funny thing is that he's actually doing better than anybody expected, which is (whether you like the guy or not) pretty huge for us so, that's really all that matters in the end.

PhiSlamma15 likes this.
  16. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

it's so gratifying to see how he is developing

DonKnock and PhiSlamma15 like this.
  17. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

oh I gotta steal this and make it my sig lol

T FOR 3!!! likes this.
  18. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Love what you're saying, but it's technically his 3rd year (though I agree he's only in his second legit season). Also he was the 25th pick (not 28th). Just a friendly correction . But, I will take some serious credit for being on this guys bandwagon from the moment we drafted him. Watched his d-league highlights like a hawk. He's my favorite player to watch for right now, and I'm hoping I don't jinx it but so far he has a dunk in EVERY game this season. And, he's averaging 2 blocks a game, something Dwight hasn't done for several years. LOVE this guy!

Vivi and Drogba like this.
  19. yakitori

yakitori Contributing Member

Just wow... not many fans expected Capela to develop into a decent starter on a playoff bound team. He's made some crazy progress the last 2 years. Really enjoy watching him play.

20. Lunareste

Lunareste Member

I know it's absurd, but I've said it once and I will say it again...

He's got the potential to be like Dream.

He has the length and instincts of a defensive center, but his speed and athleticism are more like a guard. It's still raw compared to the proverbial masterpiece that Hakeem Olajuwon showed us, but the resemblance is striking. If you've been watching closely, you'll see that this year he started to pick up some of the post moves and fake outs that Dream used.

While he does have great athleticism and the ability to jump VERY quickly, what encourages me so much about him is that he isn't reliant on overwhelming physical strength like Dwight Howard, who has declined substantially in a short amount of time due to injury. He plays much more like Hakeem whose game fundamentally improved over time along with speed and finesse.

hakeem94 likes this.