1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Stein] Rockets Latest DMo offer "multiyear starts at a fully guaranteed $7m in Yr 1"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

[​IMG]RealGM Wiretap
    Rockets Pull Latest Offer To Donatas Motiejunas

The Houston Rockets have pulled their most recent contract offer to Donatas Motiejunas.

Motiejunas, meanwhile, is "surprised and upset" that no deal has been struck nearly five months after free agency began.

Motiejunas remains a restricted free agent. If Motiejunas elects to play in a foreign league this season, he would remain a restricted free agent.

The Rockets were offering a two-year deal starting in the $7 million range but with only the first season fully guaranteed.

Motiejunas' camp is convinced the Rockets have undervalued him and has been trying to generate interest from rival teams that possess cap space.

This big dummy should have signed way before the season started. Now he has a freaking attitude because no deal has been reached. They gave you a offer joker so it's all on you.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

THIS IS WHAT YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE DOING THIS WHOLE TIME DUDE

3. dmoneybangbang

We could have had both if DMo went with the offer that no other NBA team choose to top.

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

LOL, you got to appreciate _holic's reluctance to accept he was wrong and that he has really no sources except in his fantasy. His persistance and sheer determination to twist every fact thrown at him and add more BS to his earlier BS stories are stupidly hilarious.

But the Rockets played DMo, the Rockets promised to sign him to a lucrative contract and then trade Rhyno for Rubio

5. fattz

fattz Member

The Rockets pulling the offer should have happened weeks ago, IMO. The Rockets owe him nothing and now he has nothingness. Stop playing his games, don't answer his calls till he really wants to sign for less than the offer that was pulled. In time his unemployed self needs us. He is out of line because the FO has been to nice to him. We should make him come to us. That is part of his job. He is unemployed and likes it so let him stay unemployed.

6. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Unless DMo is scared of his health and playing under a one year contract, his agent has completely blown this. This is a debacle that can't be blamed on the Rockets. If DMo proceeds with BJ into next year, he is a moron.

Batman Jones and jump shooter like this.
  7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

BJ Armstrong is probably the worst thing that has happened to DMo. Okay, second worst, the worst being his back injury.

8. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

It feels like they are just waiting on a Ryan Anderson or Nene injury.

But I'm sure the Rockets will call up Wiltjer if that happens.

Mazulis likes this.
  9. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I like Dmo but fug 'em.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, I can't believe that he didn't just take the 7 mil.. That's probably the ceiling until he proves he's passed injury, now he'll probably lower his value.

11. nobie

nobie Member

There are some leaks that DMo is close to signing multi-year deal with some other NBA team.

12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Link?

I really hope he does so we can match it and get it over with. Or not. I just want to get it over with tbh, the difference in adding him at this point is marginal. With the minutes Harrell and Dekker have picked up at the 4 already, I'm more interested in seeing them develop for the future.

13. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

The Lithuanian Screw Job
    By Oogie Boogie

[​IMG]

H O U S T O N --- It was March 2015 when Donatas Motiejunas blew his back out. At first it was just rest. Then it became 1 to 2 weeks. Before you knew it the decision was announced that he was out for the rest of the season. Motiejunas knew that what had happened screwed him over, but not entirely. You see D-Mo, as Rockets fans fondly call him, was playing extraordinary team ball before his injury. The numbers may not reflect it, but as Perd Hapley said so poetically “I may not watch much basketball, but when I do and I watch Motiejunas play basketball I realize that Motiejunas is pretty good at playing the game of basketball.”

Fast forward the next season Motiejunas was determined to make his comeback, but he had multiple setbacks. This was a very important season for D-Mo because he would officially enter free agency after this season and search for a new job. His back had not fully recovered and it took more than half of the season to return. When he did return he played very poorly. Of course it was chalked up as rust and he would shake it off like a Taylor Swift music video, but he didn’t. This is when his world would come crashing down. Motiejunas was officially traded to the Detroit Pistons. This move made by snake varmint Daryl Morey shocked all of ClutchFans. Some fans went on a rampage yelling out obscenities I can’t even repeat. Such as “**** THE HOUSTON ROCKETS!!!” Simply unrepeatable. It was the great meltdown of 2016. 3 days later Motiejunas was back on the Rockets. Detroit Pistons mascot and general manager, Stan Van Gundy, decided that Motiejunas was Broken. He wanted nothing to do with D-Mo and voided the trade after some lab tests were ran on D-Mo’s back.

D-Mo had continued to play poorly but he finished the season. His greatest feat was making a wet spot on the floor during a game that nearly incapacitated some light skinned kid. Afterwards, free agency had begun. GM and bounty hunter Daryl Morey had a lot on his plate that particular free agency and summer. He had to search for a new coach for the team and had to seek out new players to play on the team. It took a while and a bunch of groans, but eventually disgraced coach Mike D’antoni was hired as the coach. This looked like a win for Motiejunas because players typically play better offensively under Coach Mike. Afterwards, Daryl signed cyborgs Ryan Anderson and Eric Gordon. The Rockets were shaping up to be a fire powered Rocket team.

But where was Motiejunas? Did those lab test ran on him by Detroit screw D-Mo over? Donatas assumed he was going to get a major pay day despite having a terrible back and not having a great season. Motiejunas believed he earned his huge payday, but unfortunately for him Daryl Morey didn’t believe so. Months passed by during free agency and nothing was heard. Motiejunas without a team while the Rockets team captain, James Harden, assembled mini-camps with his team mates. Something was wrong, but Motiejunas believed he would get his money even when the season was days from starting.

Eventually there was positive news for Motiejunas. The Rockets offered Motiejunas a contract to play for the Rockets. They offered Motiejunas the chance to be at least the 6th highest paid player on the Rockets for at least one year so he could prove himself on the court to receive a larger offer the next free agency. Motiejunas declined. Motiejunas believed he was worth much more than just one year of trust. Motiejunas believed he earned at least 3 years of trust despite only playing well for one year two years before. Eventually, Daryl Morey tired of Motiejunas and withdrew the offer leaving him with nothing. Motiejunas no longer had any offers on the table and had no team.

It’s been 4 years since that day. Motiejunas is now currently working his way back to the NBA. He skipped an entire year of NBA basketball after a flare up in his back and not getting signed. He rehabbed and earned a contract to play in the Chinese Basketball League where he didn’t play great. He spent two seasons there, and eventually earned a contract in the NBA Developmental League with the Windy City Bulls. This is where his journey has led him since that fateful month of March in 2015. You could ask him to explain his side of the story and what happened. He’ll tell you plainly. He’ll tell you that Daryl Morey screwed him.

I just happened to get an interview with Daryl Morey about this incident that is now called “The Lithuanian Screw Job.” I asked Daryl Morey “Did you or did you not screw Bret Hart?”

“Some would say I screwed Donatas Motiejunas. Donatas Motiejunas would definitely tell you I screwed him. I look at it from a different standpoint. I look at it from a standpoint that free agency didn’t screw him. Mike D’antoni certainly did not screw Donatas Motiejunas. Nor did Daryl Morey screw Donatas Motiejunas. I truly believe that Donatas Motiejunas screwed Donatas Motiejunas, and he could look in the mirror and know that.

“I know there’s one person on ClutchFans that let out a pathetic groan that you’re not accepting responsibility that you orchestrated the situation and the fact that he isn’t going to understand what you mean by “Donatas Motiejunas screwed Donatas Motiejunas.” So, what do you mean by that?”

“Well, I would certainly take responsibility for any decision ever made. I never had a problem with doing that. Not that all my decisions are accurate. They’re not, but when I make a bad decision I’m not above saying I’m sorry and trying to do the best about it that I can. Hopefully the batting average is pretty good. I make more good decisions than I do bad decisions. And as far as screwing Donatas Motiejunas is concerned there is a tradition in basketball where the market sets your value and someone is entering free agency, that they show the right amount of respect to the NBA teams that helped make you an NBA player. You show the proper respect to the organization that helped you become who you are today. It’s an honor tradition, and Donatas Motiejunas didn’t want to honor that tradition. And that’s something I would have never ever expected from Donatas because he is known somewhat as a traditionalist in this business. It would have never crossed my mind that Donatas would have not wanted to show the right amount of respect to the league that helps make him and the team that helped make him who he was. That was his decision. Donatas screwed Donatas. “
    It was a nice interview with Daryl Morey, and he gave his reasons on why he felt he did nothing wrong. This incident surely felt like a huge one although looking back on it the whole thing kind of seems like a minor thing in Rockets history. Still, some people can't help but wonder. What if Donatas didn't get screwed? How much would have changed? Who knows? All we know is that we have the Lithuanian Screw Job, and this will always be the highlight of Donatas Motiejunas's career.

DrNuegebauer and heypartner like this.
  14. JJWhat?

JJWhat? Member

Where do leaks stand in a pecking order? Somewhere between sauces and stuff people make up?

Mazulis likes this.
  15. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Stop blaming BJ for this nonsense. He told Dmo to hold out on that QO of 4.4 mil for more money and it worked. The Rockets offered him a two year deal worth 7-8 million a year. Dmo said bump that, my broke back mountain of a back is worth more than that. Then Rockets noticed dude was not bending so they said screw him, pull that great offer off the table.

FTW Rockets FTW and jump shooter like this.
  16. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Every game DMO has missed I believe has cost him around $85K based on the $7million offer and he's obviously had no other offers from other teams. The way I see it is he's burned through $1.3 million or so with no bargaining leverage. Not a smart move.

Htownballer38 likes this.
  17. fattz

fattz Member

Day 178... DMo still unemployed

18. Tha TC

Tha TC Member

When you hire a BJ and somehow manage to get f**ked smh way to go D-Mo

19. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Exactly. Dude should have taken our offer and ran with it. But no.....he is tripping on what his freaking role would be on this team. This was his opportunity to prove his worth and maybe the Rockets would have given him an extention.

jump shooter likes this.
  20. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

BJ is not to blame.