1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Have we found our second star??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, Nov 21, 2016.

1. finsraider

finsraider Member

Too soon? Perhaps.

But both Harden and Gordon had off nights, and yet we still won.

Capela has now had back to back great games against Drummond and Gobert...two of the premier centers in the league. He's not taking baby steps now...he's taken a massive step forward.

2. Harden's beard

Yeah, Capela straight up outplayed Drummond

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Thought this would be about Sam Dekker. :)

4. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Morey Da Gawd.

Balldon'tlie likes this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I thought I was going to be in on a Sam Dekker thread too.

Dekker brought the team back with some timely scoring and passes after a terrible start from the starters. Didn't know Dekker was capable of passing.

Capela did a great job too; I thought Drummond was going to eat him alive.

Balldon'tlie, Remlap and Vivi like this.
  6. Vivi

Vivi Member

He also made Adams look like a rookie a week ago
    and that ****ing game is still hunting me tbh -__-

I still want to wait to join the hype train, but right now i'm very happy about him, this is basically what i hoped to see this summer...and even though i think he has still room to improve in various things, i don't think we can ask the guy more than this at this point, i know i've already said this but really, just turned 22, second year in the league (and coming from Europe), first season as a starter and with important minutes...eh, not bad at all.

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Dekker is REALLY looking like Parsons. His finishing ability at the rim is great, solid rebounder, his shot is getting better as well, and while not at the same level as Parsons, Dekker has shown some ability to handle the ball and pass.

And it's amazing how Capela outplayed Drummond even though he's 50+ pounds lighter.

Balldon'tlie likes this.
  8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Brewer is offended

9. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

I still don't envision him being one of the premier rim protectors in the league. Too many times I see the little guys driving into the paint without fear. Pistons did that tonight to get KCP 2 free throws. No fear of getting rejected or shot altered.

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I've liked Dekker from the start. In summer league he always seemed to be around the basketball. I wasn't sure he could be a play-maker like Parsons. This game has opened my eyes.

11. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

Was that the play where Drummond pushed him into KCP? I think Capela has improved dramatically in the help defense department compared to last year. And he's doing a decent job of not getting into foul trouble.

12. DMO (DJ remix)

Bballhoholic: Capela is terrible defensive center, his at Gobbert BAD when it comes to defending the rim, THE LULZ.

Amel likes this.
  13. MystikArkitect

[​IMG]

14. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I don't think Morey has ever drafted anyone that has shown this much potential in actual games. Guys like TJones and D-Mo were all pretty good but a combination of issues slowed down their development, but Capela seems to be very steadily moving up at a faster pace than either of those two. He is showing a solid touch around the basket and he is finishing alley-oops easily. He is still too young for anyone to determine where his ceiling is, but it will be an interesting journey for him this season.

heypartner and Remlap like this.
  15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

what the hell is this? Is this real?

16. basketballholic

Ha. U so funny.

17. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

With the insane cash that's going around in the NBA Capella might can get 14m when he hits the market.

18. finsraider

finsraider Member

Um...more like $24.

Balldon'tlie likes this.
  19. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

True. Harden will make him a rich man

Balldon'tlie and varughese.arun like this.
  20. Remlap

Remlap Member

When I think of second 'star' behind James, I have to think Gordo and then maybe Dekker.
    Odd, but he's made some plays and seems to make an impact lately.
    He's in no way considered a star in the league. But if he keeps it up he'll get more PT and noteriety.
    I believe he currently has the best 3pt % on the team. Also throw in how he attacks the rim
    and runs the break (except for falling down and dribbling the ball with his face. lol) and
    he'll impact some games.