1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ryan Anderson makes $18.74 million

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets Pride, Nov 16, 2016.

1. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

So because there are other bad contracts it's ok?

Drogba and Balldon'tlie like this.
  2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Your eyes are deceiving you. He literally hasn't had a single game where he shot less than 5 times this season and he has hit better than 40% of his threes in 8 out of 13 games.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. fattz

fattz Member

I like the fact that Ryno is getting paid as much as he can (every player should). Just not for the Rockets. No problem with Anderson the person at all. We all should/would do the same if given the opportunity. Its all on the GM not the owner. If the owner want to manage the team its his team, too. I am just some fat ass on a rant. Everything is fine as I drink my Coke Zero

4. fattz

fattz Member

Think about all the talent cut or traded for second round picks for cap space over the years. Now all that same cap space to be used on Matt Bullard 2.0. It is almost criminal. Really?

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

People just looking for a reason to dislike the guy at this point, which is very odd considering we are actually playing great ball.

His contract is not hindering us right now, so there is really nothing to be angry about.

I guess people just sub consciously have to have a villain every year.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Has anyone tried to make this point with statistics to back them up? I guess a simple team +/- when Anderson is on the floor and having a poor outside shooting game would do it. Or maybe looking at offensive efficiency like points per 100 possession or team eFG% (of course the latter two would ignore his defense, which is basically a guaranteed minus every night).

I understand the logic of this argument, but it'd be nice if there were numbers to back it up.

7. finsraider

finsraider Member

The best test would be +/- when Harden is on the floor with and without Anderson.

8. ziebarf

ziebarf Member

We are playing well and have a top five offense. Despite him underperforming his contract, he's contributing a lot to the team. His floor spacing on offense really opens up our pick and roll play, I think.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

With this nonchalant attitude, its clear you don't give a damn about the Rockets. Go watch badminton or something.

hakeem94 and FTW Rockets FTW like this.
  10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Leave him alone dude. He is the local village idiot who doesn't know much about the Rockets or the NBA. To him, anyone associated with the Rockets (GM, Players, Owner etc) can do no wrong at all and deserve no criticism.

He is going to do one and/or two things here:

1. He will call you a bad fan
    2. He will put you on ignore as he does with anyone that doesn't agree with him.

11. justtxyank

I'm pretty sure someone already posted the offensive numbers with Anderson on and off the court. The difference was pretty significant

12. Drogba

Drogba Member

He still needs to start making shots. His TS% is pathetic.

13. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

"You aren't throwing a tantrum about something that is done and cannot be changed. You don't give a damn about this team!" Lolz.

The contract sucks. It is what it is.

14. justtxyank

It's too bad the season is almost over.

15. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

According to basketballreference his offensive box score +/- is 0.0

The grain of salt is that on his career he is a +3.0 - which is pretty good for a non 'main man' type player (someone like Kawhi Leonard is a +3.1)

So hopefully he finds his groove soon, and gets back to his normal self. No doubt has been disappointing so far - although he has still brought us home a couple of games with huge 3 point bombs.

16. fattz

fattz Member

Maybe I need therapy for my need of a villain OR that contract for a "cap wizard" GM makes everything his done over his entire reign look silly. This is the same GM that signed Brewer, too. The same GM that can't close the DMo deal. Look at me maybe I do need a villain in life. Thank you for the insight. Knowing this saves my family and me money and time. Thank you.

17. Drogba

Drogba Member

Dude, his TS% is only 51% which is especially pathetic for a player who's only skill out there is scoring the basketball. We could've used him against OKC.

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I don't think anyone questions whether this team is better or worse with Ryan Anderson. The question was, since all he does well is shoot, does he overall help or hurt us when he's not hitting his shots? (And, obviously, do you have any stats to back that up.)

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Is there a stat on best 'floor spacers'?
    Where does Anderson rank this year of 'best floor spacers'?
    Where does Anderson rank all-time on the 'best floor spacer' list?
    Best floor spacer of all time?
    ;)

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Additional Floor Spaced Over Replacement Player would be nice here.