1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

King of the North - DeMar DeRozan

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by omgTHEpotential, Nov 4, 2016.

1. JJWhat?

JJWhat? Member

JV on minutes restriction, 2nd game back after injury. Also D.Casey never liked to play JV in crunch time, because D.Casey is not a good coach, he got lucky to have a team he has.

malakas likes this.
  2. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

JV was a subpar freethrow shooter in crunch time until the last year or so. He has always floated between 75-80% on average but was a liability in crunch time.

3. JJWhat?

JJWhat? Member

You are wrong. JV is one of the best FT shooting centers in the league, no matter crunch time or not. Always was. I used to watch every Raptors game first 2 years of JV's career, I know what Im saying.

4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Still amazes me at the volume of shots DeMar gets versus JV. Having DeMar and Lowry playing well defiantly counts, but for this team to have any serious playoff success they need JV to be a big part of it.

Vivi likes this.
  6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

If you ever watch how he plays it's no wonder it's a effective shot for him. Demar has insane hops, he jumps full height on his midrange and it's unblockable. There's no one on our team that has the athleticism to do that.

heypartner likes this.
  7. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

I remember last season I said we should offer him the max and people here acted like I was stupid

8. PhiSlammaJamma

I did not think he would be this good. But it's pretty much his team now. And deservedly so.

9. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

IMO, he's playing like prime T-Mac and Kobe in the early 2000's. Long two point jumpers set up by some nice moves. Awesome to watch, but not the most efficient way to play.

10. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

His legs will be dead by the end of the season. These midrange shots are not good for your knees.

malakas likes this.
  11. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

I'm was definitely wrong on him. Not only did I think he couldn't take his game to another level, I thought he was going to drop back down a notch this season given the way the game has moved away from mid range shots. But happy to be wrong.

This improvement could not have come from anything but hard work on his game. Well done!

12. malakas

malakas Member

Still too early.
    According to Pelton : If Derozan was shooting with the same accuracy he shot last year, with the shot selection of THIS year you would expect his eFG% to be 43.6% while right now he's shooting 53.4%.

13. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

It's a niche area to thrive really. When all the defensive plans of teams becoming to stop the 3 and drive, then there is DeRozen killing them at the mid range shots. Teams will adjust, it will become harder to keep it up. And the way he jumps for every shot will tire him out as the season progresses. But it's hard not to root for him when today's league idolize the likes of Curry as gods.

14. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Don't know what people are talking about? His lift is about average. About where Dirk is but he's not 7ft tall nor is his release at about 11ft like Dirk's. TMac and Kobe actually take off higher than that back in the early 2000s.

He isn't even on Durant's level in terms of lift off. Durant's release point must be well over 11ft.