1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[AMC The Walking Dead] Season 7

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CallMeTheDream, Jul 24, 2016.

1. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

So they're scared of hiding guns, but okay with hiding a person?

cdrive and heypartner like this.
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The Hill toppers brandished hand-crafted spears. You have to know Negan will confiscate your guns having already met other groups under his control. That said: The Kingdom also some guns out in the open. They had some around their shoulders at the pig exchange...as well as a real hunting bow and arrow. Everything else was sword and hand-made spears and medieval weapons. Plus they had a lot of body armor. Basically, Negan allows them weapons to survive against Walkers.

Looks like Negan is punishing Rick moreso than taking all his guns.

The Kingdom is allowed swords. They even had bow and arrows AND GUNS at the Pig exchange meeting. I don't think swords are a big deal. Negan allows both the Hilltop and the Kingdom to have medieval weapons and swords....and even body armor AND GUNS

#242 heypartner, Nov 14, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  3. heypartner

Exactly!!! I was just going to post that too.

Hey Rick: How many people do you think Negan will kill if he finds Maggie? The not hiding some of the guns makes no sense to me. In ep2, we saw at least one hunting rifle carried by The Kingdom in the expedition that found Morgan/Carol at the beginning. They even had bow and arrows at the Pig exchange meeting.

4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

What if Negan knew which guns were taken when Rick and gang killed Negan's people...and they hide the wrong guns not knowing which were Negan's? It's not out of the realm of thinking that Negan and his folks have their own inventory sheets of weapons. One mix-up...and somebody dies. I still think it is Rick just being or purposefully projecting that he has succumbed under full puss mode. Guns can be reacquired and Rick knows this. He's just not ready for more of his people to be killed to take the risk.

As far as Maggie, as long as she doesn't show her mug...then everyone is okay.

5. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

I'll agree with with that - But at the same time I think that because it was 4 days early, Rick hasn't had time to adjust from the shock and still thinks he has to play by the rules. The longer Negan is not around, the more Rick will begin to turn away from his shock and turn back to the old Rick. If Negan had showed up at the 7 day mark, Rick may have come to his senses by then and realize that they have to look forward to the future and what they can do to help themselves gain independence from Negan. They may have hidden guns by that time. It won't take long for Rick to recover - not with Father Gabriel planting the seeds of dissent by digging fake burial plots to hide Maggie's life. Rick commended Gabriel for this deceit - but Negan's going to be just as ticked when he finds out she's still alive - just as ticked (if not more so) than if he finds Rosita in possession of a gun later. Rosita, Spencer and Michionne will all lead turning Rick back to more Shane-esque because they're already either planning ways to fortify the Alexandrians or to circumvent Negan even without Rick's help right now.

6. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

The Kingdom still has guns (presumably) because they didn't fight back initially. Negan knows that Rick and the Alexandrians are dangerous to him because they've already killed a lot of his men. The reason nobody in the Kingdom knows about the deal with Negan is because he hasn't had to visit the Kingdom to show his power. He doesn't feel they are a threat to him - and they aren't. At least until the Alexandrians and the Kingdom (eventually) come together to fight Negan (I haven't read any of the comics, so this is just my assumptions from watching the direction of the show)

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

That whole Maggie death thing...I just don't buy Negan would take anyone from Alexandria at their word that Maggie died without seeing evidence firsthand. I don't think he would have just accepted a burial plot at face value. What really should and would have happened if they were really treating Negan's character the right way...is he would have had the priest dig up the plot right then and there so he could visually see she was dead. He would have found out and then bashed the priest's brains in. That is what should have happened. This idea that they are dumbing down Negan in some of these situations...it sucks. I thought Negan's whole MO was to play like he was believing it...and then at the very end...turn the tables. There was that situation and then the situation when he was leaving where Negan saw Michonne in the window. I think that scared Rick and he had to give up the sniper rifle then to explain the situation away with the "hunting deer" so Negan wouldn't then come up with an idea to kill Michonne because they were hiding something.

8. heypartner

Here is The Kingdom drawing major weapons on the Saviors at the Pig Exchange. So, Negan doesn't have a rule to take away all guns from groups. Apparently, he is just doing it to Rick.

Anyone want to guess why The Kingdom gets guns, and not even punished for drawing them on Saviors, but Rick got all his confiscated. Negan said it was because Carl used his against the Savior...and Negan says he always tells the truth.

9. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I'm with Surfguy... No way Negan doesn't want to see proof that Maggie is dead.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I assumed it was revenge for Rick's group taking so many of his guns in the first place. They also ran through at least 2 of Negan's crews that I can remember, so Rick's group is considered a threat.

11. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Negan is making this hard to believe for me that Rick's group will be able to overcome this. I mean I know they will it's just hard to picture how.

12. s.b713

s.b713 Member

Michone told Rick yo we gotta fight, we have fought for everything we've got and he like nah we're ****ed. We dont have the numbers, then she mentions we gotta join with the Hilltop and he says even with them it is not enough. That's where the kingdom comes into place, all 3 gonna take on the saviors.

13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Um...you are over thinking things. They live in a world where people die easily...all the time.

14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Why? They live it a world where people die easily. Plus, he knew that she was sick.

CallMeTheDream likes this.
  15. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Anyone else see these yet? Had to swing on this one.

[​IMG]

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  16. Entropy

Entropy Member

Nah, they just need Carol back. She can take em all out on her own. :p

17. CallMeTheDream

I swear Carl makes me sick. What did he really think he'd accomplish by pulling that stunt. He's screwed this group over more times than I can count and it's starting to get annoying.

18. CallMeTheDream

How Gabriel knew to dig a fake grave to hide Maggie is just baffling. There's know way he could've known Negan would ask her to marry him.
    How Gabriel knew to dig a fake grave to hide Maggie in the first place is ridiculous. There's know way he could've known Negan would ask her to marry him.

19. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Saw Sunday's episode last night. I wasn't very impressed, glad I watched it without commercials. I really like Jeffery Dean Morgan but man the writing for Negan is kind of painful. I know some of it is pulled right from the comic but it might be a case where it reads better than it sounds......

ubigred and heypartner like this.
  20. heypartner

Well ... look ... what ... we ... got ... here
    A cfnetter ... whining ... about ... my writers
    What's your name? ... GRENDAL?
    Well GRENDAL ... thank ... YOU ... fooorrrrr. spellllliinnng ... your name .... in ALL-CAPS
    It ... helps ... my WRITERS ... create ... my vocal ... CADENCE
    Shut up Clutch... don't you talk to him ...
    Can't ... YOU .... see ... I'm trying .... to have a ... TALK ... with him
    And ... don't you neg rep him ... THAT... would ... MAKE... luuuuuuCILLE jealous

And no LIKES
    You can breath ... you can cry
    But ... no LIKES ... for GRENDAL