1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

[Gaming] Nintendo to release mini NES

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Anticope, Jul 14, 2016.

1. VanityHalfBlack

Thanks for the heads up! Yeah, I'll try amazon. These will be great gifts for my nieces. Ah fukk it, I'm keeping it to myself, hahah!

2. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

For the prices that these are being sold for on eBay, you can buy a working original NES with all of these games and controllers for much less.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  3. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Amazon was a joke. I added to cart and it crashed.

4. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

yeah same here. waste of time.

5. CCorn

CCorn Member

Tried 3 stores in pearland. They're all gone.

Great marketing strategy by Nintendo.

6. VanityHalfBlack

Fukkin ****-suckers!!!

[​IMG]

7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Im guessing this couldnt be preordered?

I would like one but certainly not gonna go out of my way. The genesis throwback would tickle my nostalgia bone much more tbh.

8. VanityHalfBlack

Yeah, I'll wait for the SNES version. Those scoundrels, I hope they burn in hell with their supply and demand bull!

Junkyard_Dog likes this.
  9. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There was a guy selling two for $300 down the street from me. I offered him $200 but lol he told me to eat a d*ck.

10. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

It apparently was available for preorder from target and Amazon for like a day a couple months ago. Nintendo basically always does this. People get pissed but keep crawling back. I think this will bite them in the butt when they release the Switch tho

Also I was able to get one waiting outside a local GameStop for an hour and a half. They got nine and I was number 7. It's a Xmas gift so I wouldn't mind getting one more for myself but have been out of luck so far

11. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

12. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I doubt anyone in the market for this machine is willing to do it, but people have been updating the rosters every year to play through emulators.

Tecmo Bowl 2016
    http://tecmobowl.org/files/file/428-tecmobowlorg-presents-tecmo-super-bowl-2016/

Svpernaut likes this.
  13. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

My brother gave me one for Christmas and have really liked it. Also found out that Startropics without saving would be ridiculously hard to beat. Also wtf is with needing a code that is only in the manual of the game. So glad my brother also added the nes classic players guide which is part history of the NES/part guide.

But it was missing something for me that I would play over and over again when I was little. Ice Hockey. With the ability to hack the console easily I gave it a shot and hell now my console holds 60 games which seems to be the threshold. Only problem I've had was that I couldn't get BOMBERMAN 2, Burger time, or Startropics 2 to work. But if you have one and really want to play Duck tales then this video will help you.

14. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

So after the initial nostalgia, is this console worthwhile? I've bought emulators before and gotten bored with them pretty quickly......a Genesis system would probably be more interesting.....

15. nickb492

Well it's all nostalgia for me. I think it's cool but when I found out about the raspberry pi computer I find it hard for anyone to pay 60 for it when for less than 100 you can have a box that plays thousands of games.

GRENDEL likes this.
  16. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

It's pretty fun, but after the initial nostalgia you'll want to play more contemporary stuff. These are games you can always come back to though. 75% of the time I played my Wii U I was just playing Punch Out.

GRENDEL likes this.
  18. VanityHalfBlack

Yes and you just load in your Roms to the SD card and you're good to go.

eric.81 likes this.
  19. nickb492

Not sure why it's so much on ebay? They sell the raspberry pi3 on amazon for cheaper with the bundle that as far as I can tell is just missing the controller from the eBay bundle. But you can get cheap USB controllers that work great. You can play N64, PS1 and Dream cast games on it as well with varied success. Sounds interesting.

CanaKit Raspberry Pi 3 Complete Starter Kit - 32 GB Edition

Here is a video that explains the process. Will buy one soon and try it out.

eric.81 likes this.