1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nuggets Fan Kicked Out Of Suns Game......

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Nuggets4, Oct 12, 2003.

1. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

The dude was probably drunk and causing trouble. Denver hasn't had a pro basketball team to cheer for in a while, so they're not used to the pro atmosphere...

2. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

How slowly could that have really happened? They have almost complete roster overhauls every year. :p

3. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

How can anybody call those homosexual, powder blue, neo-metallic UCLA wannabe jerseys "attractive". The Nuggets must have gotten Queer Eye for the Straight Guy to design those things...

4. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Phoenix is lame like a duck, not the metephorical duck but a real one that got hit by a grenade or something. :D

5. bhanchod

bhanchod Member

Sherky is a troll. He goes to other websites and message boards and tells people how bad there teams stink. I know he went to the suns local message board (az central.com) and he would spam it and routinely use profanity on a public website that children could read. Also I think he was banned from the suns private board as well as here at one point. He is most likely not telling the whole truth and the beers he had probably had something to do with his story.

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Carmelo spares no one from his wrath. The Nuggets will be a force to be reckoned with. Amare sucks.

7. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

Sherky's a dumbass, I will not argue with that. However, wouldn't the local media have said that he was doing something else besides being annoying? Wouldn't the fan posting above have said something? Trust me, I'd find it funnier if Sherky actually did something stupid, because that's expected of him. But I think for once, he actually was innocent.

8. bhanchod

bhanchod Member

I have to respectfully disagree I have read his posts on other sites and he is capable of being a pain in the ass and I have no doubt he was...do you think the NBA would tolerate teams kicking out fans who were merely annoying. I ve been to a number of suns lakers games and there is always at leaqst 10 or so fat laker fans who are wearing kobe jerseys and are taunting suns fans and are screaming at the suns players during free throws and warmups and no has ever stopped them.

Any ways I personally feel it is disrespectful for one to heckle the home team. No one in houston likes it when a laker fan or nugget fan or any fan for that matter heckles the home team. Freedom of speech is one thing but I think as a fan of the sport it is more important to be respectful of the home crowd. Idealistic as it is I feel that is a good thing
    take it for what you will:p

9. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

Good natured heckling is one thing. It adds to the game. And I never have a problem with a fan cheering his team.

But if the guy's a total a** and shoots his mouth trashing the home team too much, the home fans shouldn't have to put up with that. Plus the guys asking for a beating. Security should step in at that point to prevent a fight. They're just doing their job.

If he gets kicked out for cheering his team -- even if its the Nugs -- that's one thing. If he gets kicked out for being an a**, ruining the game for others, and taunting the fans -- that's something quite different.

10. slinslin

slinslin Member

That sherky guy was ignoring the security that approached him and obviously tried to make fun of them even when they got him out of the arena so they arrested him for a while.

Funny thing he was at the games with friends or something. They must have been embarassed as they followed him out...

He is just dumb.

And no the Phoenix Suns are not the Miami Dophins. The Suns have the 4th highest total winning percentage in the NBA so they can't have been overrated often.
    Or like before last season rated 28th in the league...

As to why Phoenix is the best young team just look at the age of their core players.
    The Rockets have Ming, Griffin, Nachbar.... The Suns have Stoudemire, Johnson, Zarko, Barbosa, Marion, Jacobsen, DJohnson...

The oldest guys on the roster are Googs , Penny, Williams and Knight. Other than that Marbury is the oldest at 26, one day older than Francis.

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

IMO,

Ming > Stoudemire + Johnson + Zarko + Barbosa + Marion + Jacobsen + DJohnson

12. bhanchod

bhanchod Member

what a well thought out post
    what other words do you have in your vocabulary?

13. bhanchod

bhanchod Member

13.5/8.2> 13.5/8.8; 9.8/3.2; ?/?; ?/?; 21.2/9.50; 5.1/1.2; 6.7/2.8

why do you make the rest of us rocket fans look like idiots

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

You've done an adequate job of that yourself without any assistance from me, considering you think 7 players will take the floor for the Suns while the Rox leave Yao alone to play all 5 positions by himself.

Common sense minded posters realize I am obviously saying Yao's impact on a game (when he has 4 teammates on the floor with him) is greater than any impact those Suns players can make in a game. :rolleyes:

15. bhanchod

bhanchod Member

Actually it fans like you who make blanket quotes like you did above which make people misread comments. I never implied anything you never said anything about impact. Your just irrational.
    its funny how we refuse to see a simple fact when comparing yao to amare both had equal point and for all intents and purposes the same number of rebounds. If we hasd drafted Amare you would be one of the first on the bandwagon bud. I say they are equal but I am not here to fight for the suns just here to enjoy the rocks:rolleyes: :)

16. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

you wouldn't trade yao ming for all of those suns? ;)

17. Loco Gringo

Loco Gringo Member

This Sherky character sounds like = sweetie

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Uh, no bud. I was praising Yao as the next dominant player well before the Rox had even won the first pick. If we had selected Amare in place of Yao I would have been pissed in June 2002 and I'd be absolutely livid now. But even though you just got here a few months ago, you very rationally seem to have everything figured out :rolleyes:

19. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

If Marion isn't in there i would agree but with him in there, i ask my self the questio, if i can get a trade with Yao for all 7 of those players, would pull trigger. The answer is yest.

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

I respect your opinion. But just to gauge it further, lemme ask you: would you trade a 23yr old Akeem or Shaq for those 7 Suns players?

(I am not saying Yao will necessarily be as good as either Dream/Shaq, but just want to see what kind of roster you think has a better chance of winning in the league)