1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Spurs 11/9/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 8, 2016.

1. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

D'Antoni needs to start running plays in the last 2 minutes... no more harden iso-ball!!!!

2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I couldn't agree more!!!! I can really only hope the coach starts doing that, because every second counts in a game like that. The last 2 minutes can turn around in a split second, and luckily we came out on the winning side this time.

Htownballer38 and ilovehtownbb like this.
  3. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

YES!! It seemed like they were "playing not to lose" rather than "playing to win". Spurs knew ISOs were coming and are too good to be able to successfully ISO on multiple times in a row.

They were lucky Kawhi didn't get the foul call in the closing seconds.

Remlap likes this.
  4. rustyrob

rustyrob Member

Couldn't watch the game. Does anyone have a reason why brewer played 14min and kj like 4min?

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

not sure what's going on here but Kj falling out of the rotation in favor of brewer is not right. Brewer looks absolutely terrible out there

6. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Michael Jordan's defense was not overrated and he has the hardware to prove that known fact.

Him and Pippen would take turns guarding the opposing teams best wing player.

Harden on the other hand doesn't need to guard the opposing teams best wing player because he has Ariza, KJ and Brewer. But every so often he checks them too.

7. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

We keep making jokes about Sewer having pics of people to get his playing time, but something SERIOUSLY has to be going on. What the Freak do all these coaches see in him? This is the most baffling thing to me about the Rockets, even more than playing Anus.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Remlap

Remlap Member

Corey Brewer. 14 minutes of. . .

[​IMG]

ramotadab, hakeem94, Sadat X and 2 others like this.
  9. Remlap

Remlap Member

Tyler Ennis was -11 for +/- in this game.
    The lowest on the team. Does this not tell us something?
    We go into free fall when this guy is running the point

10. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

i'm making something out of nothing, but i like to notice the chemistry between players, specifically how harden gets along with each of them..

i feel harden is closest to ariza, bev, ennis somewhat..

but i feel he and gordon don't even talk or acknowledge each other. anyone else see this?

11. hieuytran

hieuytran Member

to be fair he is never out there with Harden while everyone else has some minutes with Harden which helps their +/-

he does need to work on his shot to have people respect his drive a little more

12. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Anderson outplayed Aldridge last night. That was a nice surprise. He drew fouls and got to the line as well. When he does his job, we win. It's pretty hilarious that this guy shoots 48% from 3 and only 39% from 2.

Ariza's defense on Kawhi was invaluable. Kawhi still got his points, but shot 11 for 26. Ariza still makes guys work.

Dekker was great in the first half, non-factor in the 3rd. Ariza was mad at him on that botched hand off that led to the turnover. Rookie mistakes, man. His defense was great.

The Spurs look really average, roster wise. Outside of Kawhi, no one contributed anything. Gasol clearly has a belly now. Simmons looks promising, but they aren't deep at all.

ramotadab and hakeem94 like this.
  13. RonnieTheMan

RonnieTheMan Member

Montejunas and Anderson both competing for the PF spot , who would you pick for starting lineup ?

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I was most impressed by our defense yesterday. We locked them down throughout the whole game short of some poor stretches. The defense in the 4th quarter was exceptional.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

Montejunas is irrelevant as of right now

16. toycannon

toycannon Member

Best win of the season...I was not expecting them to win last night.

17. Raz

Raz Member

Happy for the win and sad I couldn't watch it. Must've been a good one. Standing at 5-3 with only one home game so far is really solid.

The one thing that worries me most is that the Rockets again didn't score a lot in the last quarter, not to speak of the last minutes. The final points, Anderson's three, came at 2:08. Usually you don't win close games not scoring in the final two minutes. We had the same problem against the Lakers, Cavs and in the home game against the Mavs.

ramotadab and kevtse like this.
  18. Newlin

Newlin Member

While I'm not very excited about the Rockets chances to contend for a title anytime soon. I do like what I am seeing from Dekker. He's a smart player that puts himself in the best position to make plays. If Dekker can continue to knock down the three pointers, then he's going to be a really solid player.

19. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

we probably had our best defensive game in two years..

Harden did run out of gas in the last 3-4 minutes, but it is what it is, we won.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Considering one is out there busting his ass and the other one is wasting away unsigned, it isn't even a choice or contest.