1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump, the Fools that Voted for Him, and the Fools that Stayed Home

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Deckard, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Which in some ways should re-assure those on the left. If Trump screws up like they believe will be the case, he'll take the entire Republican party down with him.

cml750 likes this.
  2. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

I woul
    I would slap yo biotch ass right now... Keep moving biotch

AntiSonic likes this.
  3. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Well, if you read OP, he blasted the left leaning folks who decided not to vote for Clinton.

But either way, labeling people with negative remarks and acting as if you're too good to be associated with them is a great way to empathize and understand their reasons. You're sure to convince them that way, so keep on being immature.

Geaux Rockets likes this.
  4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It's really hard to give a collective **** about causes that supposedly raise Americans when the Americans themselves don't want it or care enough to want it.

Let's make America great again by letting a strongman do it. Got it. Message delivered.

5. malakas

malakas Member

I AM too good to be associated with racistic trash. TYVM. Also mentally challenged isn't a name but an accurate description of their condition. Just as any racist misogynistic xenophobe like them is equally mentally challenged.

I have absolutely no intention nor I ever will to empathize with people with an ideology based on hatred.

6. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

So you're assuming their reasons and drawing your line in the sand. I guess we'll call that progress. Have fun in your safe space.

7. malakas

malakas Member

In elementary school you learn that voting is not only a right but also a responsibillity. You vote for an outspoken and proud racist? An unashamed sexist that treats women like sexual objects? A politican spewing a hatred ideology against a whole religion? YOU are responsible for his actions since YOU are the one who gave him the power.

There is no reason to understand. America has spoken loud and clear and is now responsible for the actions of the deranged individual they have knowingly and willingly elected as their president.

8. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

She did. Her platform was the most progressive platform of any previous presidential candidate. But it's hard to properly articulate that when your opponent is a repugnant sociopath and you have to spend the entirety of your campaign refuting him and/or dismissing bullshit charges, accusations and innuendo.

I can't respect or understand the Sanders supporters who stayed home and/or selfishly voted for a clown show like Gary Johnson. They rendered their supposed revolution hollow; an empty gesture of zero conviction - they didn't believe in it and took their ball home when their candidate didn't win.

In 2012, Garry Johnson received 1.2MM votes; this year: 4.1MM. Go look at what he did in states that were literally decided by thousands of votes. I can't wrap my head around their mindset - they were more concerned with WHO signed their initiatives into law than their initiatives being signed into law.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

People keep suggesting that potential Hillary voters ended up voting for Gary Johnson and that's just weird to me. They are politically about as opposite as possible. I mean, sure I know some left leaning Libertarians, but that's still the complete opposite of the spectrum from someone like Clinton.....and Bernie is even farther away.

10. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

11. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

12. Granville

Granville Member

Hillary needed to take responsibility for her attempts to hide her criminal conduct.

13. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Well we knew what would have happened if we did nothing. See the Great Depression.

You are better this or maybe not. Troll on.

#73 No Worries, Nov 9, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
  14. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

The average household income is $51,000. Only 37% of this country makes at least $75,000+; top 24% makes $100,000+. Top 6% is $200,000+. There may be more than we think - but there aren't enough to specifically swing an election.

This comes down to, IMO, the marginalized poor and lower middle class white people who see one party continually attach themselves to every other group and often at their expense having enough of not being heard. The Democrats may have compassion for a poor white family in Kentucky - but their public rhetoric says otherwise. They don't acknowledge this group; they often mock this group (with their guns and religion) - well, last night, they were served their comeuppance.

15. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You should be better than seeing things in binary terms. It's not do something bad or do nothing. Obama handled things the only way he knows how as a liberal. He blindly threw the people's money at the situation and hoped it would fix itself.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Kids these days, both are not worth it.

18. No Worries

Maybe not.

The Dems can take a page out of the Repubs playbook and obstruct everything.

Another page would be to execute a full out assault. Fund every woman who came forward with a sexual assault claim and file a civil suit. Discovery would get interesting. Repubs pulled this **** on Bill Clinton.

What the Dems need right now is a muscular response. **** civility. **** bi-partisanship. Let's see how body shots Trump can take. Let's see how low his approval rating go when he can't anything done.

Trump is supposed to be the deal maker. Let him deal with this.

19. Nook

Nook Member

You and I discussed this before. Whoever won the 2016 Presidential election may have been looking at a 4 year term and severe backlash at the time of re-election. Both candidates were very unpopular and there is a strong reason to believe that the world will not be in a better place in 4 years regardless of who or what the sitting President does.

20. No Worries

Project much?