1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source informed me That the rockets will sign Dmo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DMtheGM, Oct 17, 2016.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This is actually the first news in over a month...since the expiration date.

Sorry...I made a new thread, because it would have happened, anyhow, and I can edit the OP for the quicknotes on the news.

This thread turned out wrong. Doesn't mean we have to repeat ourselves all over again though.

2. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

OP need to send his source to witness protection

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  3. DMtheGM

DMtheGM Member

Lol why?

Mazulis likes this.
  4. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Anderson's purpose is to shoot the 3 if the pf closes on Harden to make it 3v2, because Harden is good enough to beat a 2v2 (besides Dmo sucks at the r part of p&r as well)

Capela rolls, Anderson pops, Harden decides

5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

D-Mo's game does add an interesting twist at the high post. A quick pick by him for Harden could easily clear enough separation for Harden to zoom in towards the basket or step back and hit an easy midrange. D-Mo on the other hand can step back into post area for a pass into the post by Harden and catch the D with a easy layup/hook, dump off to C, or kick out to open wings (Ariza and EGo). D-Mo is a solid enough passer to do that. D-Mo's 3pt shot is good enough, assuming it has not regressed, that he can step out into the 3pt line for a pop.

Right now for our bigs, Anderson needs improvement. Trez has surprised, but ultimately is an one trick pony like Capela, only Trez has a dunk everything mentality obstacle be damned while Capela tries to do other stuff and kind of fails at. Seriously Capela, dunk that. Use your God given athleticism and dunk it. Last but not least, Nene. He's old. He will have flashes of brilliance, but otherwise he's our big version of what Prigs was; crafty veteran presence.

D-Mo has a real chance of flourishing next to Harden provided his back is truly OK. That's why this is ultimately so detrimental that D-Mo has missed valuable playing time with Harden to gel with Harden's something loopy passing tendencies. That said, how many times are D going to fall for that back pass screen play with Anderson for an open three before it just starts becoming sad? That works with D-Mo too.

Basically D-Mo is valuable on our team. His game is potentially hugely fitting with Harden's style. That honestly, is the biggest leverage D-Mo has going on here, that and the ability to sit out losing game checks hoping for an injury to say ours (fair bet) or someone else's (say Lopez), but that becomes a game of gambling and luck all the while you get rusty waiting. He has options and most of them suck. I guess home and Europe is an option, but it can be hard to go back and lose out on experience against NBA talent.

6. DMtheGM

DMtheGM Member

You could tell how happy harden was to have a player like josh smith or Dmo at the 4 position. Someone he was comfortable passing the ball to that could actually make a play or set up another player with a good pass. Especially compared to everyone else who played the 4 last year, jones, harrel, ariza, brewer, Capela. No offense to ariza I love what he does .. but that's just not his game... at all

Tha TC likes this.
  7. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

So when DM can turn his back on this offer? Can he just walk away now, and tell D-Mo deal is of the table? Or they are trying to find middle point? Another thing I can't understand that trade dead line? Why we need to sigh him ,if we going to trade him? How DM will pull this deal, if nobody in the league wants him?

8. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

We need someone to save this team. Dmo...our great white and only hope!

snowconeman22 likes this.
  9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Rocket River

DudeWah likes this.
  10. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

But seriously tho . How many NBA rotational quality ( proven ) bigs do we have ? 2 ? 1.5 ? Dmo is a risk , but if he's healthy we need him . Tonight nene was awful and harrel was too raw . Playing him also allows Dekker to play the 3 ... Which ... Allows us to not play Brewer .

11. DMtheGM

DMtheGM Member

Nene has disappointed me defensivly. A bench front court of him and dekker just can't get it done defensivly

12. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Wonder if DMO is sitting there thinking "I could take Anderson on the court, play him one on one and have him polishing my jock strap by the end and I can't even get half of what he is getting?"

13. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

I don't understand why MDA won't play Harrell at the 4 instead of the 5 in limited minutes, to back up Anderson. He doesn't have to be a stretch 4, although he can hit a wide open 3 pointer and is a decent mid range shooter. It's like MDA can't come up with an offense that doesn't use a stretch 4.

14. JJWhat?

JJWhat? Member

You asked
    And you answered

Garner likes this.
  15. boiler

boiler Member

I don't know about this. But I am pretty sure if Harden tells Morey to sign DMo today, DMo will be on the team tomorrow morning.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  16. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

LOL....good observation. I guess was suggesting that maybe he should be able to do so, but you got me. :)

17. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Nene has been abysmal . I'm praying for some positive regression there . Still adding Dmo allows us to shift Dekker to the 3 and not play nene if he needs a break or something .

DMtheGM likes this.
  18. JJWhat?

JJWhat? Member

I agree and I think he's saving that privilege for someone he's closer with than DMo, who I assume he's not close with at all when it comes to stuff outside basketball.

19. joeson332

joeson332 Member

20. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Can we ban this OP please?