1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Stein] Rockets Latest DMo offer "multiyear starts at a fully guaranteed $7m in Yr 1"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Nov 4, 2016.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Hmmm. A "Bingo" from a 2001 Member with only 150 posts. Throughout the years, I've seen these brief one word responses turn out to be insiders

Is that you Mark Stein. :)

OldYelllowDog and topfive like this.
  2. VictorB

VictorB Member

I feel like DMO is getting bad advice from his agent. What will playing overseas accomplish for him? He goes overseas, has a bad season and then struggles to get back into the NBA. If they don't take this deal then his agent has done a disservice to him. Take a deal where you can opt out and try to prove yourself this year.

3. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

If his back is fine why did SVG rescind the trade? He loved DMo's skillset and was set to offer him a big contract. Unless you think Detroit is underhanded in their dealings too.

4. omgTHEpotential

He showed he was fully okay during the playoffs. And he hasn't played intense basketball since then. His back should have rehabbed to 100% by now.

5. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I think this is the deal.
    Good...enough for both sides.
    Let's see if Dmo can run, he used to could,

6. MrButtocks

He's sports a very respectable 54.4 TS%. And he's doing it while creating his own shot. He's come into his own.

malakas likes this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well first of all, I'm not sure he'll keep that efficiency up, I think the small sample is influencing that. Also, he's not even pretending to play power forward anymore and that's helped him out a bit.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Never.

9. MrButtocks

I expect he'll go back to what he averaged last year (14/5 on 53 TS%), but that's still pretty solid for a SF. And when he came into the league he insisted he was a SF instead of an undersized PF, which I thought was ridiculous, but I guess that came true.

10. malakas

malakas Member

as I thought. Bobby is stuck 1 year ago. Wake up and watch some more teams. Things change. Now SVG has traded away the players Dumars left him and got the roster according to his system.

What is sad is that someone completely ignorant would come here and declare players he haven't seen in 12 months as useless.

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

At 8 mill per I wouldn't mind having him on a guranteed 2 or 3 year deal, with team option would be better but at that price you almost can't loose.

12. MrButtocks

Corey Brewer is making that much. You certainly can lose.

13. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Dmo at least has go to moves. Corey has JBB.

14. heypartner

Now you remember the 4 player logjam we had. We didn't dick him around. We cleared out the starters for him and TJones, as soon as practicable and I'm sure Morey kept his confidence up. Classic kicking the can for the rookies.

Absolutely no need for you to say we dicked him around for a few months, prior to trading the team captain and another PF ahead of him, just because you need to remember history that way

Just not true.

15. JJWhat?

JJWhat? Member

Is it really new development though? All we know this offer might have been there ALL THIS TIME, and only we found out about it now. DMo's camp might have been declining this offer ALL THIS TIME and Rockets never upped it. To me it doesn't sound like we're anywhere closer to getting a deal done, only that ESPN found out what Rockets are offering.

16. heypartner

It's new development because it's the first time to be leaked to the press to report. No $ amts have been reported before

This can mean BJ is giving out numbers he otherwise didn't before. Which kinda puts a price on you to other teams. You don't want to release numbers if you're trying to get ppl to guess it, so imo he blinked first, but with the hopes of securing an Offer Sheet now..

as teams go "$7m hmmmmm! Maybe DM is less likely to match now, and even less so after the Nov 23rd "deadline' "​

#156 heypartner, Nov 4, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  17. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

What are you talking about? He had one good game in game 3 and all the other games, he looked like complete garbage. We can chalk it up to rust, but we can also chalk it up to his back flaring up or his core strength being unstable still. Point is, without sufficient games under his belt, no one knows.

Haymitch likes this.
  18. Chuck Nevitt

Chuck Nevitt Contributing Member

Bingo

Rashmon and heypartner like this.
  19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Dmo is a 7ft skilled post scorer with some range, IMO we will always be able to trade him without giving away assets because of his potential. Even if he gets another big injury, there will likely be multiple teams willing to take a chance of him at 8 mill per.

Brewers contract isn't really a looser anymore BTW. Scrubs get 10 mill per now if yall haven't noticed. Brewers contract is now basically fair value in this market.

20. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I wonder if Morey is trying to strike potential longterm value out of a situation where dmo has no leverage.

I have a feeling Morey is offering a 3yr contract of say 25m. 7/8/10 with the last 2 years both non guaranteed as well as both team options(is that legal under the CBA?)

Would allow us out at anytime if we need salary and he sucks, but also gives us complete control of a potential very valuable contract.

Dmo should take the contract, he literally has no leverage anymore except the Nov 23rd trade date. And I understand why bj would leak that along with the overseas thing, its his last and only leverage left to try and gain more value out of the negotiations.

Any answers on the offer I brought up and its legality @BimaThug @craguin ?