1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2016-2017] Jeremy Lin as a Brooklyn Net

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jul 1, 2016.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It also shows that Lin going to the Nets didn't improve their odds , if you look at it that way.

if the LOFs think that Lin is the impact player he is, then they wouldn't have the worst odds in the league right?

Vegas book makers don't care if Lin preaches God or the rights of every rich kid in Palo Alto, they care about money.

I'm pretty sure nobody will bet that the Nets will win the title. Maybe the LOFs are that dumb, they think, I'll bet $1 and i'll win $1500 cause Lin=Win.

Somehow LOFs will spin this into an argument that it's bias against Lin.

Like if Lin fell down, it would be gravity being racist.

2. sew

sew Member

I know you're just a hater -- but Lin clearly makes the Nets a better team. The reason they're odds are so low is because the entire roster as a whole is garbage.

Tonight's game is a perfect example. Lin and the nets were dominating the Pistons -- that is until Lin went down with injury and the Nets coughed up their 16 pt lead, partly due to the fact they don't have anyone to replace Lin.

dragonwill likes this.
  3. Karolik

Karolik Member

inconsistent and injury prone..

4. kanariya

kanariya Member

Lin's losing the starting PG to Kilpartrick.

5. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

I agree, Lin doesn't tip the scale in either way. He seems to have finally settled in his role as being an average NBA player. I would concede that the Houston Rockets could use a player like him right now. BUT, I also respect that when we signed him, he was not the player we thought he was, and overall left a poor impression with erratic play and frustrating decision-making. The ships have long sailed, and I'm comfortable with saying that Lin is a decent player at his position, which is saturated in talent.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  6. lid1013

lid1013 Member

I hardly post here so I'm really out the loop but why is this thread still active? At this point it's just a hate thread with posters actively and openly hating on Lin with clear bias. There's posters here (who I won't name) who claim they want to rid the site of LOF's when almost all the LOF's have moved on from here already.

Now it's just people clearly trolling and hating on a player who left the team 3 seasons ago and they get a kick out of it. It's a little pathetic really because these guys are just as/even more obsessed with Lin than LOF's just on different ends of the spectrum. I mean come on guys instead of focusing on a player/ fan base you hate so much why not just focus your attention on the Rockets? It's seriously childish and I'm shocked the mods haven't cleaned up or locked this thread completely.

lucnguye92 likes this.
  7. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

Wow

8. sew

sew Member

Don't get trolled.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

Brook Lopez was their best player.

Those are real odds I didn't make it up.

How about a tip jar bet? I say the nets won't win the title .

10. tinman

Supporting Member

That dude from n sync ?

11. sew

sew Member

Brook Lopez IS their best player. Who said differently?

and why on earth would I take that bet? Did I say in any of my posts that they were contenders? No, in fact I recall saying that I would eat my own poop if the nets win 20 games.

12. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Need me to show you the Pat Beverley thread?

13. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

They also traded Thad Young for a rookie still rehabilitating. Plus, the pundits or experts did'nt envisage for 2-3 start right?

14. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Nets have cap space, and an attractive big market city.

15. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

You didn't post this when he took less to go to Charlotte I hope?

By the way, do you post about Harden?

16. BackdoorHarden

He didn't take less money, that was the only offer he got. Lin himself said he couldn't believe teams wouldn't even offer him a minimum contract. He tried to go back to the Knicks but the Knicks said "Sorry Mr. Lin, but there's no help wanted."

He was shocked that teams would only offer him a non-guarantee training camp invites. That's why he keeps talking about racism in the NBA. He's not great, but he's better than most guys off the bench.

17. mig0s

mig0s Member

Scrub Lin fakes an injury again

18. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

That is bullshit. Lin himself said he couldn't believe 'some' teams wouldn't even offer him a minimum contract, not all teams. Lin never tried to go back to the Knicks. That was just media talk. He said as he politely always says, he is open to going back.

There may have been teams that offered him non-guarantee training camp invites, but it wasn't the only offer he got. Not sure if you suffer from reading comprehension or confirmation bias.

19. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

So 82/71/74/78 games played the last 4 seasons = injury prone?

So shooting between 41 to 44% on FGs and between 33-37% the last 4 years is inconsistent? Or very similar pts per 36min? Or 3.4 to 3.7FTA per game for the last 4 years? Basically, if you're not among the top 3 scorers on a team, you are going to be inconsistent in scoring. Most role players are.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

Wow look at the LOF cry like someone stole his candy