1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ryan Anderson signs with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DustinS, Jul 2, 2016.

?

Do you like the 4-year, $80M signing by the Rockets of Ryan Anderson?

1. YES

350 vote(s)
    54.6%
  2. NO

291 vote(s)
    45.4%
  1. eman

eman Contributing Member

Maybe he and Ariza will alternate hotness, pretty much

2. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

I honestly think he is really trying too hard to prove that he deserved that 80 million dollar contract. I'm sure he knows many people think he wasn't worth it. Right now, I see it as him trying to hard to be a scorer instead of just letting the game come to him. I think it will take him about 10 games or so to settle down and hopefully find his groove with this team. If he finds it, stops forcing shots that aren't there, takes open 3 pointers and does his step back thing on the wings when isolated; then I still think he can average close to 20 points on the season for us. Harden should average 30 again, Gordon 20 and Anderson about 20. We haven't had that in a while. It won't be enough by itself, but add a couple of more pieces and we could be surprising to the league still this year.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

To quote Samuel Jackson, in just about any movie, "I got a bad feeling about this."

J.R. likes this.
  4. finsraider

finsraider Member

People are too quick to judge. He will be fine.

Anderson is the type of guy that can swing a game. If his shot is on, even teams like Golden State will struggle with him.

Also, if you recall, Sacramento was the other team after him in free agency. Imagine that we're in February and Cousins is hot on the market. A package of Anderson, Capela and picks might get you in the conversation, where before you didn't have a chance.

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

To be honest, I wouldn't be entirely stunned if Ryan Anderson wound up in Sacramento. I'm not naysaying his signing; it's just two games. I do recall how so many fools shrieked that Dekker was a bust, based on the fact he couldn't even suit up. But Ryan Anderson being FROM Sacramento, Ryan Anderson having built an expensive-ass HOUSE in Sacramento....

I don't know about getting in on talks for Boogie. That would take finagling elsewhere, too. But some of the other players there, especially given how many centers they have? Not to mention Gay's expiring, even if as a means to entice another team.

Then again, Ryan Anderson might still be playing as a Rocket when he's retiring in 10 years. In any case, he'll pick it up soon.

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Personally i've never been a fan of Ryan, mainly because i saw him a lot of times playing games like these first two we saw, shouldn't be a surprise for anyone tbh...but i also think he can do better.

Btw yeah, that's basically what i hope will happen, Boogie or Millsap, maybe Blake...i think Ariza does have a pretty good value for teams like Clippers and Hawks so...a package like Anderson, Ariza and something else may be very interesting for them IF Blake or Millsap will ask for a trade, but also in an eventual sign&trade scenario next summer if we'll not be able to dump enough salary, Anderson and Ariza salary together pretty much perfectly match a max contract, and i think we have enough fillers to fit any possible situation in this scenario.

#886 Vivi, Oct 29, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
  7. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I was really against the signing when it happened, and still think it was a bad idea -- however, that said, I think they are using him wrong.

When Harden is out, the offense seems (so far at least) to fall apart -- which is unsurprising really. But I think Ryan Anderson can help with it. If he can be in the game when Harden is out, I think he can create some shots with the ball in his hands. I know people think of him more as just a spot up shooter (which is for sure indeed his primary skill), but I remember the last few years when we have played the Pels, he's been able to get his own shot in a really annoying herky jerky way. I think he just needs to be fed a little in order to get in a rythem so he can carry the offense a bit when Harden sits.

Little Bit likes this.
  8. basketballholic

Nope

9. FANfrom86toNow

It would be a dream come true if we could get Cousins and Gay for say Anderson, Ariza, Brewer and anyone else on our team other than Harden, Gordon, Capela and KJ. I would even give them DMo, although I don't think the salaries would match then without other fillers from them like McLemore or something. They need to trade Cousins because they will eventually lose him, but they probably can get much better from other teams. But if we can ever find a way to pair up Cousins, A. Davis or Griffin with Harden by any means necessary.....well a man can dream even if they won't come true.

10. basketballholic

Post was about outgoing. Not incoming.

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Too bad, that would me my n.1 target (or maybe second)

12. basketballholic

Not going to happen. And yes, that is who Codman was hinting at.

DeMarcus isn't happening either. At least not for the balance of this season.

13. craguin

craguin Member

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, i agree, i don't see the Kings moving Boogie for this season.

15. FANfrom86toNow

You may be right, but does Cousins have an opt out clause after this season? If so, the Kings would be wise to get what they can for him by the trade deadline. They could potentially lose Cousins and Gay if that is the case, FOR NOTHING.

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

No player option, next year is the last of his contract so you never know, but i think the Kings are going to try one last time and eventually trade him in next summer.

17. valorita

valorita Member

Ryno is as offensively compatible with Harden as he is defensively incompatible with him.

18. Rokman

Rokman Member

This team, once clicking on all cylinders (including some maturation of Capela, Dekker, KJ and Harrell) is going to be on par offensively with the prime Phoenix teams. The X Factor here is Bezdelik's defensive schemes. Should the Rockets buy into his philosophy on the same level they buy into D'Antoni's the WCF is in sight. If not, 1st round bust is in store.

19. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i dunno about prime suns bu tthey can easily be top 10 offense. top 5 not far fetched but many things have to go right, including health and a consistent 2nd ball handler.

20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Daryl Morey is due for a classic Dork Elvis steal trade, and that is what we are going to need to really turn the corner. We are still talent deficient.