1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We Need a PF

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jogo, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

where's Carlos Boozer these days? serious question

2. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Even when Ryan's shot is off he provides spacing. Teams won't leave him. But I agree, he is useless and should be taken out if it is not falling.

If D-Mo is healthy I like the defensive potential that a Motiejunas, Capela front court can bring. Rebounding would still be an issue, but size won't.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, we have a PF that would be really easy to get, but Morey is choosing to be cheap about it. Hopefully he doesn't allow the team to keep having the same need and doing nothing about it just to pinch a few pennies.

4. Nook

Nook Member

Nene and Ryno are fine is particular match ups.

Anderson especially will be important to the Rockets as the season wears on. One thing that is certain is that if the Rockets get a center like Chandler; there will be no need or room for Motiejunas. The minutes at the 4 and 5 would be locked up barring injury.

5. Nook

Nook Member

you mean a power forward that no one in the NBA is attempting to sign?

The same PF coming off a back injury, and played poorly after the back injury last season?

The same one that only fetched a middle of the pack #1, and then the team cancelled the deal because of his back?

The same power forward that has been run of the mill during his NBA career?

I am fine with Motiejunas being in the rotation for the Rockets, but he has NEVER been the solution to any of the Rockets problems, he isn't that caliber of player and never was.

6. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

We just need a better defensive back-up to Capela. Nene was terrible last night. I believe he will pick it up.

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

If Anderson isn't hitting 4-5 threes he'll likely be a net negative. He has the athleticism of Matt Schaub and while he's not a terrible rebounder he'll only ever be OK at best.

I think our best case scenario is Harrell improving massively, but that doesn't appear to have happened over the off-season.

8. dmoneybangbang

Cheap? Easy to call someone cheap when it's not your money. Morey did DMo a solid by letting the market set his price, just sucks the market doesn't want to take a chance on DMo.

9. AXG

AXG Member

But, but, but... analytics... all you need is 3 point shooting... 2015 Warriors... Forget defense, play faster...

-Morey

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Does Ariza get a free pass this year?

He is invisible on the floor.

Rashmon, Cashmoney and Little Bit like this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

If you think that this team is the team that Daryl Morey wanted, then you are oblivious. This is the team and the coach that Les Alexander wanted. Daryl Morey didn't want D'Antoni and he didn't want to follow the philosophy or structure that you saw Wednesday night.

YOLO likes this.
  12. antman91

antman91 Member

He is playing in China last I heard

Os Trigonum likes this.
  13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I think PG is a bigger problem, having Ennis on the court murdered us. Brewer also drags us down so hard.

I think S&T Dmo for a rebounding PF would be a good idea.

Faried would be good, we could stagger Capela and Farieds minutes that way one is always on the floor with either Anderson or Nene would are compident offensively.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, if you can't see it by now, you never will. If you can watch the game yesterday and you don't see that DMo makes this team a lot better....well, there's just no reason to talk about it, so let's talk about something else.

15. malakas

malakas Member

Most of those players are either not available or we don't have the assets to trade for them (Noel).
    Henson and Faried are available. Henson is not a PF though he's a rim protecting C.
    If you want a C the Bucks have three available ones. lmao.

16. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Is Michael Beasley available? :p

D-rock likes this.
  17. malakas

malakas Member

I will trade him for Ennis. Deal?

Snow Villiers likes this.
  18. Malaya

Malaya Member

geez... I'm gonna miss Bill Worrell so much. You could tell he was very proud of DMo on the broadcasts that year.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Trade for Aaron Gordon, Rockets need more than just rebounding at the position, they need athleticism and rim protection. Or go cheap and re-sign Josh Smith.

D-Mo is a center in MDA's system. But looks like we need one of those too.

20. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Re-sign DMo
    He might not get his #s on the boards but he does a very good job off boxing out and he's a really good team defender.

Anderson is really bad. I didn't realize he had no other parts to his game besides shooting 3s. He's very unathletic and can't rebound at all. Morey really did himself with this signing.

Little Bit likes this.