1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Evan McMullin might actually win Utah

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DarkHorse, Oct 12, 2016.

1. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/10/...even-clinton-evan-mcmullin-pulls-within-four/

With barely half of the state even aware of who he is, he's only 4 points behind Trump and Hillary.

Trump has fallen so sharply in Utah that Hillary just aired a "Mormons for HIllary" ad, which is honestly kind of unthinkable even as recently as 6 months ago.

I'd love to see an independent get electoral votes this cycle. Gary Johnson has a shot at New Mexico, too.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not a fan of his policy positions, but he's far and away better than Trump. I would be happy to see an independent third party candidate when a state in this election.

3. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

If he wins Utah and gets electoral votes, AND if neither Trump nor Clinton reach 270, THEN maybe the House could vote McMullin....

4. DarkHorse

That's actually his stated goal.

He knows it's a longshot, but it gives right leaning voters someone they can vote for with a clear conscience.

5. DarkHorse

Hosting a town hall right now live on Facebook:

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Stunning numbers in Utah right now. Yes, this guy, a Mormon, has a real chance at taking Utah, and if he doesn't, he has an excellent shot at handing the state to Hillary, as incredible as that sounds.

7. Buck Turgidson

I'm all for independents in the Legislature and in state offices, but Gary Johnson is a spectacular dipsh!t. He is the best the Libertarian Party can do?

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Yes because the Libertarian Party is insane, spectacularly so. He beat out John McAfee for the nomination. Yes, the nutjob/murderer/fugitive/software guy John McAfee who was last seen live tweeting his manhunt from Belizean police.

9. DarkHorse

That's the part that blows my mind. If McMullin doesn't pull it off, there's a strong chance Hillary wins Utah.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Indeed. One might describe McMullin as a Dark Horse. ;)

11. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Damn you beat me to it lol

12. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That scenario would be somewhere beyond incredible, but in a political season like this, the impossible seems possible. After all, who could have imagined Trump, a sexual predator and outright egomaniac, winning the GOP nomination before this election cycle began? Who could have imagined that the Soviet Uni..., I mean Russia under former KGB head Putin, would be blatantly interfering with our elections in an attempt to get his buddy, Trump, elected, in an attempt to, at the very least, destabilize and weaken the world's leading democracy? An act on Russia's part that is damn near an act of war, in my opinion. Sure, McMullin won't sniff that scenario, but one can't say it is categorically impossible. Interesting post, KevC

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think
    I think his path to victory is more long term than just this election. He will possibly win Utah, and will siphon off so many votes that both the major parties will realize they need to make changes or risk losing races in upcoming elections. If he can cause changes to the two major parties then he has achieved victory.

15. DarkHorse

16. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Isn't the electoral college rule how TJ became president ? He was voted in by congress right ?

17. Dayop

Dayop Member

^just the house

18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

If he wins, he kills Trump's chances at the White House. There is no way there will be an electoral tie. However, Trump has no patch to victory without Utah.........

19. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Trump has no path to victory.

It's over, Johnny.

20. DarkHorse