1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 10/15/2016 (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

3. rockets13champs

Id let the starters rest. Theyre gonna have massive jet lag

4. WeAllHateDallas

Jet Lag isn't an excuse.

The Rockets need to build cohesiveness and chemistry as a team along with getting better both offensively & defensively on both ends of the court in preparation for the regular season opener in Los Angeles.

Why waste a game on guys that will be playing on other teams and or the Vipers?

This team doesn't have the luxury of taking a night off, preseason or not, they went 41-41 last year. Always room for improvement.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. MONON

MONON Member

I'd like to see the starters play 25 minutes. Don't want to burn them out in preseason. Besides, you need to see what the rest of the roster can do in game situations.

malakas likes this.
  6. Mr Chuck Norris

LOL Please. So because they had a .500 record LAST year the starters can't take the night off in a meaningless game after flying across the world? So i'm guessing the teams with under 41 wins have to play their starters a full 48 mins right?

7. RedDragon01

RedDragon01 Member

Wait for the Grizzlies, they said. Yule see!!

Oh, we'll see alright.

Go Rockets!

8. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

KJ EARN THEM MINUTES

9. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Agree with this... Play everyone 10-15 mins.

10. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I agree with this. The Rockets had a terrible season last year and a bad chemistry. To avoid that crap this year, this team needs to get to know each other better, build a good chemistry and be ready for the regular season. Rest is for the weak.

WeAllHateDallas likes this.
  11. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

this is supposed to be the first real test of the preseason, but i dont think we are actually a really bad matchup for them. i say 5-0!

to those who want to rest the starters vs playing them: james said they need to treat these games like they matter so the team develops good habits. i definitely agree with this theory, but that doesn't mean that they have to play the whole game. i'd like to see the 'real' rotation for the first half then let them rest and only bring them back if its a close game in the 4th.

12. WeAllHateDallas

Did I say that? All I stated was that after last season, these games are precious in terms of team chemistry and cohesiveness on both ends of the court and this is another game that chemistry on both ends of the court can be improved offensively and defensively.

Clown.

13. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Think Bev will be back for this one?? Would like to see him get some burn if he'a healthy

14. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Man when I went to Korea it took me a week to get my sleep right and another week when I got back.... The Starters can't possible be expected more than 15-20 mins

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

[​IMG]

#15 heypartner, Oct 14, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
    Remlap and hakeem94 like this.
  16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Is Portions playing or will he be pimped out in his blue suit warming the bench?

17. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Hopefully Chandsome will play!

18. RCPM

RCPM Member

Looking forward to this game. GO ROCKETS!

19. toycannon

toycannon Member

Should be an interesting Pre- Season game at Dallas tonight.

20. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

You must not travel much. When you get used to it, about one day is all you get to reacclimate yourself. Jet lag is not an excuse. It's like being an ER doc. Sometimes you'll have to do a row of 12hr night shifts, then take a day off followed by a spate of day ones. This is how the world operates.