1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden vs Klay

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by daywalker02, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

That **** has no barring or indictment on how they perform in the NBA.

2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Nobody on here (this thread) is hating on James Harden.

3. mockster

mockster Member

"I'll take Klay. He actually tries and gives a **** and isn't a p***y that disappears"

That quote ^ is the first post of this thread. Their are some haters in here but I was meaning in general, When I said haters I was also referring to More then people just in this thread

4. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

How long ago was that? Let's stick to current events.

5. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

anybody who would pick a catch and shoot player, over a superstar deserves what they get..

6. mockster

mockster Member

Still missing my point I see

7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Even The Great LeBron gets hating on. Dude it comes with territory. But currently on this thread is don't see anybody hating on James. And if some decide to go with Klay over James, well so be it. It's their prerogative. That's not hate lol.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It might not be hate but it sure is silly.

9. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

Harden is the better 1v1 player and Klay is the better team player..End of debate.

Devin Brooker has the chance to be the best shooting guard in 3 years. Brooker may be a better version of Klay Thompson, just saying.

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

If you want to end the debate on a completely nonsensical non-resolution that allows one side an illusory perception of face saving because the great weight of the evidence points one way and both the other....

...it is a good ending point.

11. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

Faveriot team golden state warriors. Enough said. If you think if you switched Klay and Harden and the Rockets would become better I don't know what to tell you.

12. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

As a #1 option Harden is better. He is the better scorer and play maker for sure..and no if Klay switched with Harden the rockets would be worse. The Rockets put players and a style to complement Harden. So no, Rockets would be worse.

13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

only player who can replace harden with the rockets not getting any worse is Lebron

14. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

Counter argument is If GSW swapped Klay for Harden, GSW wouldn't be better either.

15. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

I disagree. Harden could easily spread the floor just like Klay does, but it would be a waste of his abilities. Imagine if he played the sixth man role there like he did in OKC and the 2nd unit basically ran through Harden. Does Klay have that versatility? Curry and Harden leading that team would be unfair.

16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

GSW beats CAVS in the finals

17. TexxasBoy

TexxasBoy Member

When things aint goin your way people start talking stupid. Hell no Klay aint better than Harden. Klay benifits from the system hes in. Harden IS the system. If you swap GS is much better and Houston is waaaaaaay worse. Who gonna run the team? Klay? Yall need to quit. Id like to see how Klay look on s team full of scrubs with Coaches game-planing for him. Yall sound drunk.

18. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

That is the problem with Harden, He is not a system player, He is the system and Harden's system is 1v1 street balling. D'antoni may be the best coach/system for Harden because of the spacing and offense pressure it puts on other teams and defense is not top priority if you can outscore the opponent. I even said Harden is the better 1v1 player and is more talented.

19. TexxasBoy

TexxasBoy Member

Disagree. When you have a player that good its the coaches job to find out how to utilize him. And he was a fantastic system player in OKC. Im sure Popavich would have no problem finding how to best use Harden.